• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: RISE OF THE EMPIRE

i will give it a try, probably no more luck than you, but we will see

oh... sorry throw... that was an old post.... i got that taken care of :)
i appreciate the thought though... thanks. :)

well..... bad news on the edit.....well, some good news...some bad news.....

the good news is that all the editing is done for the edit. WOOOHOOOO.... has been well over a year...... feels good ;) the menus are done too.

the bad news is that my CG guy who was going to do my opening scroll bailed on me.... so i'm on the lookout for someone else who can do it....

so if anyone here can do a really good opening scroll.... or knows someone who might be willing... please let me know.... i know some of you are excited about this edit... and i'm sorry it's been taking so long..... but the quicker i can find someone willing and able to do this well, the quicker i can release it ;)

I might be able to help here. Just send me the text, the starfield background you want (or maybe a movie) and the length the entire scroll should last.

hooray, boon might save the day again. I really wish I could help, but I have not found the patience or time yet to try to create my own scrolls. I am so looking forward to this edit. Hopefully you can get a scroll soon

That's awesome. I would like to see this. I kind of gave up on mine. It's just too big of a project. I still would like to do it, but re-editing almost 8 hours of film into one whole film is too much. Hopefully yours will be something similar to what mine would have been, that way I don't have to do it.

thanks scaperat..... i hope you like it :) i don't know if it will be like yours or not.... but it has been a heck of a lot of work. look back thru this thread if you want to read what kind of things i've done..... were those the kind of things you were thinking about doing?

The Dark Side of the Force was strong with Darth Divx and Emperor Vegas, but Jedis lewis and throw struck a crucial blow :)

Hows about giving the world an update, lewis? cant wait for this gem ;)

yes... the dark side was definitely at work lately.... i let divx do an update and things flipped out all over the place.... fortunately throw came to the rescue.... he's truly a jedi ;)

but i made a little fix and i think now the video is all ready to render out, maybe a couple things on the audio to work out, and it will be done too.
then i'll get it into dvd architect and can make the scene selection pages, and import the subtitles and line them up.... and we should be all set :)
WOOOHOOOOO......

Can you make an avi version of this? One that is less than 2gigs.

i'll do my best... that's a tall order for a 4 hour film... but i'll try.

how about an .asf file under 100MB?, or wait how about a .rm file under 4MB? ;) jk. looking forward to seeing this anyway I can, but especially in full DVD glory

a DVD9 and avi release of this would get the most attention i think...

it shouldn't be too hard to get that avi under 2 GB - and i agree that should be the target. some DVD players don't play AVI over 2GB.

I believe that lewis has a double DVD5 planned. A single DVD9 would be cool also, but it is always a struggle to please people with that. I got a lot of bitching over the dual layer release.

interesting... i didn't know dvd players played avi's at all... i just have an original xbox for my dvd player....

and yes, i just have a 2-disc set planned... 2 single layer dvd's....

i'll try to put up an avi version too.

throw - the bitching is because you can easily seperate different features onto multiple DVD5 discs. it doesn't make any sense not to.

for a single feature that is too large for a DVD5 it is preferred for a DVD9 rather than swap discs mid-movie.

...that's just how shit is

joebshmoe said:
...that's just how shit is

well, shit is usually brown. ;) but I leave it up to the editor to really decide how best they think that their material should be organized. I did ask several people prior to the release of the Flash project and all wanted the single DL disc. It is impossible to please everybody, sorry you thought otherwise

Back
Top Bottom