• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Rise of Skywalker - Anti-Cringe-Cut

This is perfect. Brief, concise, simple and very Star Wars like.

I still don’t quite get the use of all those caps, I have to admit.

Canon Editor said:
This is perfect. Brief, concise, simple and very Star Wars like.

I still don’t quite get the use of all those caps, I have to admit.

Well it makes sense to use caps only for information that is new but that's not how they've been used in the previous movies of the sequel trilogy. 

This is the original crawl from TRoS:

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.
GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.
Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

"GENERAL LEIA ORGANA" has already been established in the TLJ crawl text and the same goes for "FIRST ORDER" and "KYLO REN". That's why I'm using caps for names and new information.

Wow, then you are right. That’s really particular, and I didn’t think of that. Well, there it is.

Happy May the 4th, Kamillo! Here's a little incentive for you: if you're planning to change the end credits music in any way, I would suggest taking notes from Ender's video here.

This may seem like a bit of a stretch to you, but for an ending to a 42-year-long saga, I think it deserves something a little more subtle to close off the story.

Have a great night!

Quick Update:
The edit is more or less finished. I already created the IFDB page which is waiting to be released by an Admin.

I'm still going over the whole thing one final time, doing some fine tuning on the audio transitions and other minor stuff. Also have to go over the TLJ edit and render the definitive cut. I'll post another update soon and then everybody who wants to check it out, can send me a PM.

Great, unexpected update! Thank you so much, and good luck with approval DonKamillo!

DonKamillo said:
Quick Update:
The edit is more or less finished. I already created the IFDB page which is waiting to be released by an Admin.

I'm still going over the whole thing one final time, doing some fine tuning on the audio transitions and other minor stuff.

Sounds like it's still ITW?

DigModiFicaTion said:
DonKamillo said:
Quick Update:

I'm still going over the whole thing one final time, doing some fine tuning on the audio transitions and other minor stuff.

Sounds like it's still ITW?

Of course there's always the possibility that I missed a rogue frame here or a seamless audio transition there but as far I know the edit is done. I just don't want more than one version floating around. That's why I'm proofwatching it again before sending out links.

Since you are refining TLJ at the same time, anyway I can talk ya into adding palpatine's intro after Snoke is killed? It will just feel more natural as if it was planned vs a gotcha.

revel911 said:
Since you are refining TLJ at the same time, anyway I can talk ya into adding palpatine's intro after Snoke is killed? It will just feel more natural as if it was planned vs a gotcha.

Not really, I'm satisfied with how it turned out ;)

Which TFA cut do you feel best connects to your series?

revel911 said:

I haven't seen any but I'm thinking about completing the Anti-Cringe trilogy. Let's see how this one is received first ;)

While TFA was too by the books for me, the only thing that I recall being really cringe worthy is the Starkiller Base. And I don’t see any way one could entirely remove it.

DonKamillo said:
revel911 said:

I haven't seen any but I'm thinking about completing the Anti-Cringe trilogy. Let's see how this one is received first ;)

That would be amazing, and I'd be curious to hear where you'd go with that!

Moe_Syzlak said:
While TFA was too by the books for me, the only thing that I recall being really cringe worthy is the Starkiller Base. And I don’t see any way one could entirely remove it.

Actually, there is a cut around here where and editor moves the base firing on the planets till after Ren kills Han that's REALLY good!

Then you have Digimodification who hid Ren's identity till he sees his father, also really good.

My perfect edit would have both of those as it just adds so much more tension, while removing the 1:1 of ANH.

I would love if Rey finding Luke was moved to TLJ and it ended with her leaving in ANH.

In addition, have R2 awake, just not with Luke. You think C3PO or Leia would just R2 sit like scrap?

This is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

revel911 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Actually, there is a cut around here where and editor moves the base firing on the planets till after Ren kills Han that's REALLY good!

Then you have Digimodification who hid Ren's identity till he sees his father, also really good.

My perfect edit would have both of those as it just adds so much more tension, while removing the 1:1 of ANH.

I would love if Rey finding Luke was moved to TLJ and it ended with her leaving in ANH.

In addition, have R2 awake, just not with Luke. You think C3PO or Leia would just R2 sit like scrap?

I completely agree Digimodification' Heirs to the Force is great.

I personally would like to scrap the majority of The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. I'm currently looking at a way to retain the bulk of the 'Luke' footage from Last Jedi and intersperse it throughout The Force Awakens to effectively build an arc for Luke in isolation wrestling with his role and failings as a Jedi teacher. The film would end with Rey finding Luke and her training beginning and would ultimately serve as a stand alone epilogue to the Original Trilogy that highlights the cyclical nature of the universe. Luke becomes Obi Wan, Rey is Luke, Star Killer Base is the Death Star, Ren in Vader. While many see the similarities of TFA as it's weakness I feel leaning into them could present and interesting take on the story.

Thanks! :)

I'm uploading both edits tonight an will be sending out links soon.

Back
Top Bottom