• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Revisited - BD authoring

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys!

I'm having problems trying to burn Adywan's SUPERB SW-R to disc. It's clearly authored to run as a DVD/BD but I'm having trouble getting it to work running off a disc.

It can't be authored to DVD because it's too large, so I was thinking it should go onto BD. But the directory structure seems to be made for a DVD-R.

Was Adywan's original intention to run this off a HDD only and if so, why the DVD covers, or do I have to re-author it to BD and if so... HELP!!!

Thanks guys. Keep up the great work. I'm new to fanedit's and it's been years since I found anything new on the net which has kept me so entertained and excited. You guys are amazing. Not to mention incredible talented and dedicated too.

If the copy you have is too big for a DVD, I believe you'll find it's designed to go on a dual layer DVD.

Ah. Thanks for telling me. I was trying to write it to a DVD-RW. Is that where I have gone wrong? Also, (forgive me if this is the thickest question you've heard on these boards), do you have to buy dual layer discs specifically, or are they all dual layer and it's just a setting that is needed in the burning software, in my case, Nero?

No, it's not a setting thing. You gotta go buy yourself a DL disc. :)

Okay, thank you. I'll pick some up next time I'm at the shops.

Toonloon, also make sure your burner can burn DL discs. Probably it can unless it is really old. Also I specifically remember having an issue burning that edit to DL (due to the way in which switching between layers is handled). Download ImgBurn and learn to make it your friend. (the default settings will probably get the job done). That should burn it so that it will play on any system without problem.

Back
Top Bottom