• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd hate to be a bother, but how is this project doing as of late? It was the film's 15th anniversary on Tuesday and I'm surprised this wasn't finished in time to meet that date.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Work is still continuing, I didn't even know it was the 15th Anniversary but that is fun. 

For the Shaak Ti scene (which is arguably the only hold up for the edit) I've gone with splitting the hanger scene in half with the Grevious intro in the middle. But the only problem was the bridge view screen showing them in the hallway when they should be in the hanger. So I've gone and replaced the screen with my own shot of the ships in the hanger. Beginning with this screenshot from a mod for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, I've recoloured it to match the existing screens and added some flashing and UI to hopefully make it all work. 

aW3avS7.jpg

ik7zsus.png

I've also rendered out a preview copy, to see if there are any errors or things that van be improved in spots. I accidentally left 9 minutes of dead air at the end by accident. The correct runtime is about 2:29:15 compared to the theatrical 2:20:08. 

Feel free to PM me if you're willing to give feedback

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks awesome! Nice detailing there! Hope the previewing goes well. Count me in for a watch when this is ready for release!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Here's an attempt at inserting a clip from Star Tours as a cutaway to pass time before Grevious moves from the bridge of the ship to the hallway. The start and end aren't the best quality, but I think it might work. I could trim the start as the quality is worst there but I'll see how it works or if I can find a better source.

Ha!  Star Tours!  That's awesome, I love it.

Please tell me that when you mention "additional banter" between Obi Wan and Anakin at the elevator, that doesn't include the horrible bit with them making dubbed droid noises?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
Please tell me that when you mention "additional banter" between Obi Wan and Anakin at the elevator, that doesn't include the horrible bit with them making dubbed droid noises?

dd0.png

I for one, love it

I've also found this deleted clip of Palpy's shuttle on the approach to Coruscant from the 2nd trailer, but tried to slot it back into the film. It added a wipe as there is in the theatrical cut, but this is a lot faster, not sure if its too fast though, so I made one without the wipe. I think i prefer the wipe, but could it be better? (shorter, longer or delete the shot entirely?) There's also no audio yet as I haven't worked that out yet. 

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks choppy did you make it slow motion? Change the frame mode to optical flow or something. Looks cool though

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The extended wipe looks good but I think the colour correction in the VG clip is much better than the film one. You might want to have them match a bit more. It does look choppy though. 

I too do not like the beeping deleted scene but I love the way the two of them say "Roger Rog..." and look at each other. THAT should have definitely stayed in the movie.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doesn't seem like the beep talking is beloved by all, but it is an aquired taste after all. The "Roger Roger" line I actually do love and really wish that small bit of cheese was in the film, you can even tell that Obi-Wan is about to say something in the theatrical cut before the scene cuts away. 

Here’s a version with the correct frame rate (it was at 29.97 incorrectly), without the wipe and some mild colour work/sharpening. I’ll work on the audio after this. The OT guys also said it looked choppy as hell

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Music might be a little loud but other than that perfect. And yeah thats what I meant with the choppy frame rate but good fix, looks great now.

As for the droid banter I say keep all of it. You're supposed to include as much footage as physically possible, so why not. If people don't like it they can watch a 'non silly' or 'improved' edit like one of Hal9000's

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
mnkykungfu said:

dd0.png

I for one, love it

Well, if your goal is to extend it to its maximum possible length, I guess this is part of that goal.  Honestly, there are a couple things I don't like about the theatrical version as-is, so a pure extended version would probably not be my preferred copy anyway.  I just find the beeping to be like a bad SW Youtube film though...it's a deal-breaker for me, 10x worse than "NOOOOOOOOOO!".  But hey, that's just like, my opinion, man.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely do, keep it all. It is an extended edition in the end. 
Regarding the added shot, do you think it works better without the wipe? It feels much too sudden to me (but the music is a little too loud and may contribute to that, you may try having it begin smoothly).
Other than that, it looks great!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a version with the music fixed and more visual work done to the shot as well

Ultimately, I think the droid beeping is very stupid and would get cut out of a fanfix. But since this is an EE, I get a kick out of some deleted material and unseen moments like this and its some light hearted moments in a darker film so I'll leave it in regardless of the cheese

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit is pretty much done at the moment, I didn't get any previewers but I fixed any errors I could see. I've put together a few bonus features if anyone still likes that sort of thing

- Unfinished and Unused Workprint Scenes (6:48)
- Deleted and Alternate Trailer Shots (0:13)
- Behind the Scenes, Raw Footage and B-Roll of Deleted Scenes (3:24)
- George Lucas and Rick McCallum Introduce the Deleted Scenes (5:55)
- George Lucas and Rick McCallum Talk Deleted and Alternate Scenes: Feature Commentary Clips (7:04)
- PixelMagic Trailer - Breathing (1:24)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm all for checking this out when it's ready!

greenturnedblue

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to give this a peek and watch for any errors if youd like?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A 2nd version of this edit has now been uploaded in the same place as before. 
 - All the deleted scenes have been replaced with bryantmh’s upscales, of which are the best I’ve ever seen for the Prequel deleted scenes (sorry Hal)
- The Blu-Ray scenes have also been replaced with my own versions, as I scaled them down to 720p and then upscaled them to roughly 2K before putting them back in 1080p. Topaz makes them look pretty alright compared to before. The colour-grading has all been redone for those scenes too.
- The last scene in the Rebellion subplot has been shifted around to where it was placed in the shooting script, which is right before the Jedi War Room scene, as not to disrupt the Obi-Wan sequence too much.
- The shot of Palpatine’s shuttle approaching Coruscant has been updated with a new HD upscale of the shot from the EpIII DVD.
- An alternate line from the Super Battle Droid who kicks R2 has been added from the Star Wars: DVD Trivial Pursuit board game.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I just downloaded V2 of this edit and, maybe it’s something on my end, but it seems like there is a serious audio sync issue with the second half of the hangar scene, after we are introduced to Grevious. The sync in the added Palpatine office scene seems to be off too, and the third seeds of rebellion scene. The upscale on that scene also looks odd whereas the others look fine.

I hope you have a chance to take another look at these issues.

Top Bottom