• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Overdone?

I've get up earlier today with that thought that I am really sick and tired of seeing Star Wars everywhere... Am I alone with this?

I haven't even watched anything Star Wars related since Solo, but it is always everywhere around, there's no escape from it. My favorite movie forum - Star Wars, Star Wars, Kenobi this, Vader that, Boba Fett, Star Wars, comic book forum - Star Wars, new edits - umpteenth version of everything Star Wars, looking for some birthday gifts - Star Wars here, Star Wars there, Star Wars everywhere...

86372c4bb6979099d3f52367588e4b12_w200.gif

Well, maybe I am overreacting a little, but ffs...

Last edited:
Are Star Wars edits overdone? Hmmm I'd say no and my reasoning for this is because a good majority of them are different in some shape or form due to the large amount or small amount of cuts made differing between editors (kind of makes me wonder if editors extensively analyse eachother's cutlists to avoid copying eachother) otherwise if they were all the same to the point of there creativity being completely sapped and reduced to clones of one another than I would say they are overdone, though the amount of edits available both currently and in development do make it particularly hard to choose what to watch. For me it's like playing an RPG or Open World Sandbox game and having so many different locations and abilities to choose from that the very thought of having to choose one drives me to utter insanity lol.

Star Wars was definitely what got me into Fanediting and how I heard of the concept of Fanediting but as to why there are so many particularly of the Prequels and Sequels I've often looked at it as a divide between fans a divide that started when The Phantom Menace came out or possibly even as early as Return Of The Jedi depending on who you ask as many had and continue to have differing yet also similar perceptions of what the prequels and sequels should have been and in some cases Return Of The Jedi as well.

Well I've made two unofficial Star Wars Prequel Edits in the past I currently have no plans to release them or refine them as I feel they'd just get the reaction of ''Oh another Star Wars edit meh move along'' or alternatively it or they would soon be overshadowed by other star wars edits created by editors who have access to software and equipment that allows for unparalleled and god like levels of CGI editing and reconstruction (would really love to see someone polish up the unfinished CGI of the alternate fight sequence between Vader and Obi Wan on Mustafar someday)

Despite my post on this thread maybe coming of as a tad bit cynical I do enjoy the Star Wars franchise...well at least the Pre Disney era, certain parts of the Old Expanded Universe/Legends included.

Eh, prequel fanedits trying to conform the films to their head-canon of OT PERFECTION absolutly.

But I'd say that there's room for original Star Wars fanedits in there.

I've get up earlier today with that thought that I am really sick and tired of seeing Star Wars everywhere... Am I alone with this?

I haven't even watched anything Star Wars related since Solo, but it is always everywhere around, there's no escape from it. My favorite movie forum - Star Wars, Star Wars, Kenobi this, Vader that, Boba Fett, Star Wars, comic book forum - Star Wars, new edits - umpteenth version of everything Star Wars, looking for some birthday gifts - Star Wars here, Star Wars there, Star Wars everywhere...

You're not overreacting. This is a case of the executives pushing it. In some ways it's awful that Disney bought these things, but once in a while, a creative with influence in Disney manages to get a project off the ground. We ended up with the Mandalorian due to that. But of course the executives noticed how well it did and now there's a game of push and pull. After the first season of Mando, there are some hints of executive meddling. I'm not sure if it'll survive much past a season 4.

When creative people with talent get involved in a project we can get something real special. There are some talented fan editors here, so I think it is all the same thing. If someone has a vision, you end up with a gem.

It's because everybody is very opinionated about Star Wars, everyone has their unique takes (especially about the prequels) about what's good and what's not. Oftentimes what someone deems the perfect cut isn't to someone else's liking because they removed something they liked or kept something they disliked. So everybody just makes their own cut so they can have their own "perfect version".

I often encounter this. I'll see some ideas I think are really cool but then see them cut something I like. So that makes me just wanna make my own version.

Last edited:

I guess a lot of the fanbase don't mind and are loving all the content, but Disney's relentless schedule is just suffocating to me. I'd argue the quality of their Star Wars releases isn't as big a problem as the sheer saturation. It doesn't feel special anymore. I like Star Wars. I'm also pretty sick of it. It is devalued every time something new is churned out.

But hey, new content means there's more edit fodder. Edits are probably less played out than the official releases by now.

Back
Top Bottom