• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Legends appreciation thread (spoilers for all things Star wars)

wilhelm scream said:
I meant it's considered part of Legends and canon.

Ok that makes more sense. 

I like the mini series and the cgi series just fine, I just really don't like the prequel era/setting.

It seems to me that there’s folks who want their Jedi to all powerful superheroes and those, like me, that want Jedi to be human with flaws and a simple sensitivity to a mysterious (and unexplained) Force. It should give them some abilities, yes; but it shouldn’t make them superhuman. That was my big problem with the finale of TLJ. Johnson spent all this time making sure we understood Jedi aren’t superheroes, then he gave Luke a superpower.

Moe_Syzlak said:
It seems to me that there’s folks who want their Jedi to all powerful superheroes and those, like me, that want Jedi to be human with flaws and a simple sensitivity to a mysterious (and unexplained) Force. It should give them some abilities, yes; but it shouldn’t make them superhuman. That was my big problem with the finale of TLJ. Johnson spent all this time making sure we understood Jedi aren’t superheroes, then he gave Luke a superpower.

I know! And while I agree that the Jedi are overpowered in both continuity's, at least in Legends there are consequences to being so powerful (the Jedi channel the dark side to give them more power, but there is a very real chance that the user can fall to the dark side).

wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

I know! And while I agree that the Jedi are overpowered in both continuity's, at least in Legends there are consequences to being so powerful (the Jedi channel the dark side to give them more power, but there is a very real chance that the user can fall to the dark side).

While I understand the argument, using the superpower did literally kill Luke after the first try. I would not call it consequence-free.

addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

While I understand the argument, using the superpower did literally kill Luke after the first try. I would not call it consequence-free.

So, what if Luke could fly but the landing would kill him?

Moe_Syzlak said:
addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Then that would also be an example of superpowers having consequences (albeit a silly one), just like TLJ. It's also a good rebuttal to the original comment that in Legends but not the movies these "Jedi superpowers" have consequences. Leia's force pull put her in the hospital, also. I think TLJ is a pretty great example of the consequences of power and powers. It was a theme of the movie.

thecuddlyninja said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Then that would also be an example of superpowers having consequences (albeit a silly one), just like TLJ. It's also a good rebuttal to the original comment that in Legends but not the movies these "Jedi superpowers" have consequences. Leia's force pull put her in the hospital, also. I think TLJ is a pretty great example of the consequences of power and powers. It was a theme of the movie.

But Leia using the force makes no sense          in the first place (since it was stated in interviews that Leia had no force training from Luke) and the whole scene was cringe-worthy. As for Luke dying after only using force projection, that was just pathetic. But then again, Luke in TLJ was pathetic (which is why people like me usually refer to him as Jake Skywalker).

I don't think drawing a parallel between TLJ Luke and Clone Wars Mace makes much sense.

wilhelm scream said:
people like me usually refer to him as Jake Skywalker

People like you should probably just move on.

TVs Frink said:
wilhelm scream said:
people like me usually refer to him as Jake Skywalker

People like you should probably just move on.

Well if people stopped mentioning Discanon and focused on Legends (this is supposed to be a legends appreciation thread after all), then I can.

I meant in general, not in this thread.  Renaming a character because you didn't like them is childish.

TVs Frink said:
I meant in general, not in this thread.  Renaming a character because you didn't like them is childish.

Even if their so out-of-character that their unrecognizable? Besides, I think I'll ignore the main Star Wars thread until episode 9 is released.

wilhelm scream said:
Even if their so out-of-character that their unrecognizable? 

You’ll find you’re mistaken... about a great many things. 

I think we can all agree on one thing...

luke.jpg

:D

wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
wilhelm scream said:

That's just your opinion.

nah. You'll find that you're mistaken about at least two things in your post above. A great many things is perhaps hyperbole, but more likely a logical extrapolation based on your previous posts.

ThrowgnCpr said:
wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
wilhelm scream said:

That's just your opinion.

nah. You'll find that you're mistaken about at least two things in your post above. A great many things is perhaps hyperbole, but more likely a logical extrapolation based on your previous posts.

I'm really confused and you know what? I don't care. I'm here on this thread to celebrate Star Wars Legends and not waste time discussing and arguing about Discanon, so let's do that.

This week's subject will be about the Star Wars game with the best Lightsaber combat: Jedi Knight; Jedi Academy.

The game is really fun. It builds off what the previous Jedi Knight games had and makes them even better. There are alot of force powers to play around with and use, the lightsaber combat feels really smooth and pleasant and makes you feel like an actual Jedi Knight.

There are a lot of levels to enjoy, from training on Yavin 4, to fighting Boba Fett, to taking on a lot of Dark Jedi, this game has it all.

The only real problem wit the game, is that I got lost a lot. But then again, I have a terrible sense of direction.

The story is nothing special, but it's not horrible either. This is also the only Jedi Knight game where you don't play as Kyle Katarn. Speaking of which, the next few weeks will be spent discussing the other Jedi Knight games.

Gaith said:
I think we can all agree on one thing...

luke.jpg

:D

I'm struggling to figure out how this makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom