• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Legends appreciation thread (spoilers for all things Star wars)

wilhelm scream said:
TVs Frink said:
"Rey"

Not

"Ray"

Thanks.

Sorry, she's so bland and uninteresting that I forgot how to spell her name.

Gothca, Whilham.

wilhelm scream said:
Their pretty good, I look forward to the Revan prequel movie trilogy (and the way they fixed the Revan novel for their last movie for Kotor 2 was amazing!).

Yeah I really enjoy them, although I can't agree with you about the last movie...

I love the first three KotOR1 movies, especially the third which is my absolute favorite from the series, though one has to get used to the no mouth movement from Logan. 

On the other hand, I thought the KotOR2 portion could have been much better. I enjoyed them but overall they were a mixed bag.

Episode IV was his first so it was ok on that regard but I thought it was really slow and mediocre. Plus the robotic voice for Meetra was so terrible.

Episode V was pretty good, and I was so glad the robotic voice was gone. But man, it was waaay too long. I mean 3 hours and 45 minutes, what the heck?

Plus getting rid of Nihilus in only the second movie really dropped the tension for the rest of the franchise. Not an issue with the next movies per se, but rather this one. It really shows how much structural problems the KotOR2 movies have.

Episode VI Part I was probably the best of the bunch. Has great developments for the characters and hooked me very much. Love it as much as the first three.

And in Episode VI Part II, I thought Brandon's wife improved so much since V and VI, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but was very disappointed with the second half with the parts adapted from The Old Republic: Revan, specifically because of the ending. Until the end I was actually very happy, minus how it shifts focus to Revan and loses track of its main character kind of, but of course it's not as bad as the actual novel which completely devalues .

But then they actually killed everyone... which of course was a dream. But that's even worse, because it makes the whole assault pointless. The "It was all a dream" cliché is already bad, but here it's worse because all that happened was full action. No character progression, no rewatch value. Such a disappointment.

Then they teased an original sequel which will not happen until the Revan Prequel Trilogy ends... which won't be done for a LONG time... I mean wtf?

I think once I get to college I can work on an alternate KotOR2 trilogy/quadrilogy myself. I would try to make it fit the rest of this continuity as much as possible of course. It would also be lovely to get the help of so many talented editors and movie buffs here, either for technical stuff or for voicework etc...

Personally, I don't constantly talk about things I want to forget.

Masirimso17 said:
wilhelm scream said:
Their pretty good, I look forward to the Revan prequel movie trilogy (and the way they fixed the Revan novel for their last movie for Kotor 2 was amazing!).

Yeah I really enjoy them, although I can't agree with you about the last movie...

I love the first three KotOR1 movies, especially the third which is my absolute favorite from the series, though one has to get used to the no mouth movement from Logan. 

On the other hand, I thought the KotOR2 portion could have been much better. I enjoyed them but overall they were a mixed bag.

Episode IV was his first so it was ok on that regard but I thought it was really slow and mediocre. Plus the robotic voice for Meetra was so terrible.

Episode V was pretty good, and I was so glad the robotic voice was gone. But man, it was waaay too long. I mean 3 hours and 45 minutes, what the heck?

Plus getting rid of Nihilus in only the second movie really dropped the tension for the rest of the franchise. Not an issue with the next movies per se, but rather this one. It really shows how much structural problems the KotOR2 movies have.

Episode VI Part I was probably the best of the bunch. Has great developments for the characters and hooked me very much. Love it as much as the first three.

And in Episode VI Part II, I thought Brandon's wife improved so much since V and VI, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but was very disappointed with the second half with the parts adapted from The Old Republic: Revan, specifically because of the ending. Until the end I was actually very happy, minus how it shifts focus to Revan and loses track of its main character kind of, but of course it's not as bad as the actual novel which completely devalues .

But then they actually killed everyone... which of course was a dream. But that's even worse, because it makes the whole assault pointless. The "It was all a dream" cliché is already bad, but here it's worse because all that happened was full action. No character progression, no rewatch value. Such a disappointment.

Then they teased an original sequel which will not happen until the Revan Prequel Trilogy ends... which won't be done for a LONG time... I mean wtf?

I think once I get to college I can work on an alternate KotOR2 trilogy/quadrilogy myself. I would try to make it fit the rest of this continuity as much as possible of course. It would also be lovely to get the help of so many talented editors and movie buffs here, either for technical stuff or for voicework etc...

Since I personally hated the Revan novel, I was SO happy they changed the ending. Also, it made sense (force visions have been shown to exsist) and the trilogy that will come after Revan will be like the Knights of the old republic 3 we never got. Besides, the first KOTOR 2 movie could get a special edition someday (that's what they did with the first KOTOR 1 movie).

As for why I hate the Revan novel, the TV tropes page makes my case better than I ever could (though I'm fine with the Exile being called Meetra Surrik): https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Revan

wilhelm scream said:
Since I personally hated the Revan novel, I was SO happy they changed the ending. Also, it made sense (force visions have been shown to exsist) and the trilogy that will come after Revan will be like the Knights of the old republic 3 we never got. Besides, the first KOTOR 2 movie could get a special edition someday (that's what they did with the first KOTOR 1 movie).

As for why I hate the Revan novel, the TV tropes page makes my case better than I ever could (though I'm fine with the Exile being called Meetra Surrik): https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Revan

Dream or force vision, it really doesn't matter. Sure I'm glad it wasn't faithful to the ending, but they could have done it so much better. In my opinion by especially trying to say "F*** YOU" to the Revan novel they made their own film suffer. They should have just went on a different direction either after the fall of Traya or preferrably Logan's rescue.

It would be nice to see a Special Edition for Episode IV, yes. But if they do it, they really should deal with it's snail pace. Besides if I'm not misremembering Brandon said he's not planning on a SE for IV, at least not now. At least not until the Revan Prequel ends.

I like first half of the Revan with Canderous and what not... But yes I hated the second half as much as everyone else. Chris Avellone should have been involved with the writing or at least consulted. Karpyshyn completely disregards his work.

addiesin said:
Personally, I don't constantly talk about things I want to forget.

If everyone felt that way, the internet would have died out ages ago.

Masirimso17 said:
wilhelm scream said:

Dream or force vision, it really doesn't matter. Sure I'm glad it wasn't faithful to the ending, but they could have done it so much better. In my opinion by especially trying to say "F*** YOU" to the Revan novel they made their own film suffer. They should have just went on a different direction either after the fall of Traya or preferrably Logan's rescue.

It would be nice to see a Special Edition for Episode IV, yes. But if they do it, they really should deal with it's snail pace. Besides if I'm not misremembering Brandon said he's not planning on a SE for IV, at least not now. At least not until the Revan Prequel ends.

I like first half of the Revan with Canderous and what not... But yes I hated the second half as much as everyone else. Chris Avellone should have been involved with the writing or at least consulted. Karpyshyn completely disregards his work.

I thought the film didn't suffer and only made it better. But anyway, I look foward to seeing what the Kotor movie team have planned for the future.

So, today we talk about the Force Unleashed 2, one of the most disappointing video games of all time.

In terms of positives, the gameplay and graphics are better than the first. That's all I have.

What's so disappointing about the game?

Firstly, the game is SO short. I beat the game in less than 5 hours on my first playthrough, and it doesn't help that some of the levels just suck. For example, there is a level on a spaceship, and the next level is the same as the previous level, but in reverse! Also, the Dagobah level is dumb. You show up, walk for 10 seconds, cutscene, and it's the next level. WTF? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the whole level be a cutscene? 

But the most disappointing aspect, is the story. You play as a clone (maybe) of Starkiller and you go around doing stuff. It's nowhere as interesting as the first game. Also, the endings suck. The lightside-ending because it ends on a cliffhanger that's probably never going to be resolved, and the darkside ending because everybody gets killed by some random clone of Starkiller that comes out of nowhere.

I need to talk about something positive. So next time, I will talk about one of my favorite cartoons of all time; Star Wars Clone Wars.

Star Wars Clone Wars is a 2003-2005 cartoon made by Genndy Tartakovsky (the creator of Samurai Jack) and it is amazing. 

Firstly, the action is something very unique to this cartoon, characters move differently from all other forms of media and it looks awesome! The fight between Anakin and Asajj Ventress is one of the best fights in the francise.

Secondly, the story is pretty good. It feels like it could have been made in live-action and covers the 3-year gap between Attack of the clones and Revenge of the Sith. It fills in alot of missing gaps (not all) and leads directly into Revenge of the Sith.

Thirdly, the characterizations are great. Obi-wan and Anakin are good friends, everyone is displayed as smart and general Grevious is actually good. His introduction scene has him defeat multiple Jedi at once and he doesn't have that bloody cough until the end.

I'll just let you watch it yourself, which is pretty easy because Lucasfilm doesn't care: 

Next week, we'll talk about one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time that recently celebrated it's 15th birthday, Knights of the Old Republic.

That Clone Wars mini series was amazing.  I wish that they would have kept that style instead of going CGI for the other Clone Wars TV series.  I prefer the hand drawn/2D style versus the completely 3D CGI style for animation. 

Speaking of characteristics, people who didn't watch this before watching Revenge of the Sith really missed out on why General Grievous was such a bad ass and it explains why he had that breathing problem as well.

Loved this show.

slekyr said:
That Clone Wars mini series was amazing.  I wish that they would have kept that style instead of going CGI for the other Clone Wars TV series.  I prefer the hand drawn/2D style versus the completely 3D CGI style for animation. 

Speaking of characteristics, people who didn't watch this before watching Revenge of the Sith really missed out on why General Grievous was such a bad ass and it explains why he had that breathing problem as well.

Loved this show.

Yeah, I agree.

Sorry for the wait guys, but I've been busy watching Battlestar Galactica on Amazon Prime and playing Doom 3 BFG edition. Anyway, it was recently announced that CGI Clone Wars is getting another 12 episodes. Now, you're probably wondering Disney says that CGI Clone Wars is part of Legends, so why are you talking about it? Because of how many continuity errors there are. These 2 videos explain this better than I ever could: 
and 

Next week, I should have a more lengthy post.

Disney doesn't say CGI Clone Wars is "Legends". They consider it canon along with the six pre-Disney "Episode" films.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Better Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

addiesin said:
Disney doesn't say CGI Clone Wars is "Legends". They consider it canon along with the six pre-Disney "Episode" films.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Better Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

I meant it's considered part of Legends and canon.

slekyr said:
That Clone Wars mini series was amazing. 

I would say it was decent.  It got pretty stupid at times (like when Mace Windu is flying around like Superman, destroying everything in sight).

TVs Frink said:
slekyr said:
That Clone Wars mini series was amazing. 

I would say it was decent.  It got pretty stupid at times (like when Mace Windu is flying around like Superman, destroying everything in sight).

How exactly was that stupid? Mace was a very powerful Jedi and used both the light and dark side (which is why he has a purple lightsaber), so it makes sense for him to be able to do those moves. Besides, it fit the animation style.

wilhelm scream said:
used both the light and dark side (which is why he has a purple lightsaber)

Hahahaha that's a *terrible* (and stupid) retcon.  He has a purple lightsaber because Sam Jackson wanted one and George didn't say no like he should have.  Now we have Jedi Rave Party.

Also, like I already said, I don't want my Jedi flying like Superman and destroying 8 billion tanks and robots in one fell swoop.

TVs Frink said:
wilhelm scream said:
used both the light and dark side (which is why he has a purple lightsaber)

Hahahaha that's a *terrible* (and stupid) retcon.  He has a purple lightsaber because Sam Jackson wanted one and George didn't say no like he should have.  Now we have Jedi Rave Party.

Also, like I already said, I don't want my Jedi flying like Superman and destroying 8 billion tanks and robots in one fell swoop.

What's so bad about having a purple lightsaber?

If you don't want your Jedi being super-powerful, fine. I can accept it.

Back
Top Bottom