• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Legacy Revealed

Maybe you could reconstruct it?

yeah, i thought of that. it would be easy except for the custom special effects at the end. thats beyond me, and might be a lot of work for a trailer.

When History shows Legacy they usually show Empire just before. Maybe they will have a trailer in it. Next time I see it come up I'll let you know so someone can record it. The HD ones are always copy protected and Tivo will not let me transfer it. I don't know about the SD version.

I'm Glad you're starting to create BR disks I think that's the best way to preserve all the new stuff. As for DL I don't have a problem with that. Most peoples drives are DL they just have to buy the right media.

I just checked the Emmy disc, and it looks good, and no logos, adverts, or watermarks!!! The bugger though is they encoded it letterboxed 4:3. *facepalm* It's a bit grainy. I'm sure the HD version looks way better. I'm hoping that the logos, and adverts are minimal.

The HD versions will have lots of logos and adds. To minimize them you'll probably have to get multiple versions and splice them together. Just a thought.

I received a copy of the HD version. It's not top priority at the moment. While the logos and adverts aren't bad, I want to experiment with upscaling the Academy DVD version, and using it to replace the areas on the HD version where the logos are (using masks). not sure how it will look, or if the frames match up. It will take some experimentation.

I also need to experiment some more with AVCHD. I plan on releasing this both as DVD and AVCHD. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Sounds good, I like the masking idea if it can be pulled off. Even if it can't be done perfectly it'll probably look better than logos and ads...

Keep us posted on how things are coming along, maybe show us a couple of caps of your experiments when you get the chance to do them and thanks for your efforts!

yep, I'll post screens once I start experimenting.

And thanks to you guys for keeping this going!!! wouldn't have ever located all these sources by myself :)

What is this Academy dvd version?

It was a DVD sent from the studios to the Academy Awards. It has no logos or adverts in it. However its fullscreen letterboxed. Still decent quality though. Aside from the logos, the HD is the best, so hopefully I can mask them out with the Academy DVD. I'm a little worried about matching frames though.

Have you tried a few frames?

not yet. haven't had the time. I think I'll at least be able to match up the ratings boxes and on screen adverts. Since they are only on for a few seconds at a time. I should be able to match enough frames up for each of those.

The small History channel HD logo in the lower right corner is there the whole time. That will be the tricky part - because I need to match every frame up. If I can't get that I won't be too sad, but I'd like to at least be able to remove the rest of the junk. I'll post some screens comparing all sources tonight if I remember.

If you remove ratings boxes and on screen adverts that be good, the history logo will be tricky i bet.

It would always be better if you can but I wouldn't worry too much about removing the History logo, at least it's constant and doesn't distract like those annoying, animated pop up bits.

It will be on Tomorrow Oct 1 at 10pm and Oct 2 at 2am on History International. If anyone who can record them. Both would be a good idea.

I can't record them. Can someone out there record them?

no news at the moment, sorry. :-\ life has been crazy lately. Hoping to work on a few things in the coming week.

*shuffles in quietly, offers a gentle bump and vanishes without a trace*

Back
Top Bottom