• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Legacy Revealed

Empire of Dreams got an official DVD release so unless the version you've got has any substantial differences then you shouldn't post it here...

The Emmy disc for Legacy sounds good though, a HD broadcast would need to be re-scaled to 720x480 anyway.
I am hoping that the Emmy disc doesn't have the History Channel logo frosted on it?

No I don't remember the logo being on it.

The only release of Empire that I know of was on the Bonus DVD in a special box set that I don't think is sold any more. (The only ones that Amazon are selling are from vendors not from their own store.) Was there another release that I hadn't heard of?

True but as new official releases are still available to purchase I still don't believe that a Preserv edition would be in any way legit.

Ask AvP for confirmation. He can give you a final ruling one way or the other.

If its bin released, then no :)

I just checked the bonus disk. The bonus disk is 2:30min version of Empire and the emmy disk it 1:20min so they are different.

I also noticed that the the bonus disk has a featurette "The Force Is With Them: The Legacy of Star Wars." which is 13:20sec. It seems to be from clips from the Legacy show.

I think that it's a good idea to leave Empire of Dreams as is.

As far as Legacy is concerned the Emmy version sounds great though, we'll just have to see what ThrowgnCpr makes of it. He might want to wait for the HD version to be broadcast again or decide that the Emmy version is good enough for this project.
Either way, he'll undoubtedly produce a great disc as he always does.

I just want to say thanks for making it available, so, thanks.

"None" has found some PAR files for this.

I found it awhile ago, but couldnt find the PAR files.

If we can get that HD version, I am willing to make both DVD and AVCHD versions of the disc. I don't have a Bluray player though, so I will need someone to help me test before release.

I have a BR drive so i can test it for you (thats if you make it SL).

el_silloneb said:
Can't you mount the image file on a virtual drive?

Yes, I just want to make sure it works on stand-alone players.

Do you know how to re-encode HD?

AvP said:
Do you know how to re-encode HD?

I havent done it before, but I bookmarked some things a little while back. I'm sure I can figure it out. Have you made AVCHD before?

Ive made one with TS Muxer but ofcouse this will need re-encoded so no.

as for contents & the possibility to do AVCHD.

On the old disc I made, I think I had the following on the DVD (aside from SW Tech)

- Star Wars Shortened!
- Conan Obrien interview with Lucas
- trailers
- 501st marching in the Rose Parade

I think I have all of those items in 720p, which would be great for the AVCHD, except for the trailer, and the quality of that sucked. Would be nice to get that as well. If I need to do a SL disc for the AVCHD, I would probably leave a lot of those extras off. I don't mind doing a DL disc if things will look nice and fit on the disc (and mailing a copy to AvP or others), but I also am open to using those extras for another project (like AvPs rarities collection).

I would like to find a nice copy of the trailer (TV advert) for Legacy Revealed.

yep, thats the trailer. and it looks like the same craptastical quality I have

Back
Top Bottom