• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Legacy Revealed

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few years ago, I put together a disc featuring The Legacy Revealed, and Star Wars Tech. Both were History Channel documentaries. I quickly retired the disc as both documentaries were to get official releases soon after I created it.

However, I'm not sure that ever happened (for TLR). I do remember there being a page on the Star Wars merch website (and I think History Channel too) where they were advertising the product before it went on sale. I can't find a trace of TLR. Star Wars Tech can be purchased through Star Wars HERE.

The Legacy Revealed release seems to have disappeared or canceled.

Does anyone have any info as to whether or not it were officially released? I'd gladly redo the disc (without Tech) or offer it to be included in AvP's Rarities Collection if it were indeed canceled. I see some shady recorded copies on iOffer. I'd rather see a free copy available to people than idiots selling bootleg copies.

I am doubtful it was ever released. here is what Wikipedia says:

"Although the program premiered as a 90 minute version for television, a 120 minute version will be made available on DVD in the future. It will contain additional materials and interviews not seen in the telecast version."

my original DVD release:
ThrowgnCpr_LegacyRevealed.jpg

As far as I am aware, as of yet, this has not been released. Like you noted, it has been listed as 'coming soon' and 'in the works' for a long time but has never actually appeared. At least I've never found it.

I have a reasonable but not great .avi of this which I was planning on producing a DVD from. I've got a lot on at the moment and it's not that high on my list of priorities as it is quite a small file (pixel ratio).

If you have a good version and can make sure that it's still unreleased I'd greatly appreciate this on disc.

I'll have to check my disc. I did cap it off of television (which I still have the original capture on disc), but IIRC, it was really fuzzy from a bad signal, so I think I may have used an AVI for the DVD creation (which could be the same source you have. I do not have that AVI still. When I find the disc, I'll try to put up some screencaps. It would be great if you could do the same, so we can start cataloging the sources and compare quality.

What would be awesome is if a HD cap existed.

It looks like a HD cap DOES exist, though it may be hard to get. I found it on a usegroups search site:

Here is what the NFO says:

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               General Information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Name.........: Star.Wars.The.Legacy.Revealed.720p.HDTV.DD2.0.MPEG2
Air Date.............: N/A
Documentary Name.....: Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed
Episode Synopsis.....: The story of Anakin Skywalker's descent into 
            darkness and his son Luke's quest to conquer evil 
            has spellbound audiences for 30 years. The reason 
            for this is simple: the saga of Star Wars is 
            universal and firmly rooted in the mythology and 
            the political history of the entire planet. May 
            2007 will mark the 30th anniversary of George Lucas' 
            space fantasy that grossed billions worldwide. 
            For the first time take a profound look at the 
            serious subtext behind Lucas' six film milestone. 
            The influence of ancient mythology from Greek 
            legends to King Arthur is visible; but also more
            recent historical influences, from the political 
            rise of Napoleon to the machinations of Adolf Hitler 
            can be seen.

Video Format.........: MPEG2 Transport Stream (.ts)
Language.............: English
Movie/Show Info......: [url]http://www.history.com/content/starwarslegacy[/url]
Capper...............: GoodEatsFan a.k.a. google2
Channel..............: History Channel HD

Should you encode a smaller version of this episode from my capture,
I encourage you to share it with others.

MPEG2Repair: E:\Captures\Specials\Star.Wars.The.Legacy.Revealed.720p.HDTV.DD2.0.MPEG2.ts

Sequence Frame 326177(0-I) / Time 1:30:41 :
Info: End of MPEG2 sequence

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 9.66 GB, Play Time: 01h:30m:41s
1280 x 720, 59.94 fps, 18.20 Mbps (14.41 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 29.35 KB/Frame, 0.26 Bits/Pixel.
AC3 Audio: 2/0 Channels (L, R), 48.0 kHz, 384 kbps.
Dialog Normalization: -27.0 dB
0 of 326177 video frames found with errors.
0 of 170053 audio frames found with errors.
0 corrupted video bytes in file.
0.000000 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
0.000000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

End of Log

anybody have a newsgroup subscription and can check this out?

Sounds great but unfortunately I don't have access.
I'll ask around and see if I can get it elsewhere.
Failing that I'll get some screencaps of the .avi and post them along with the video specs here.

Great, let me know if your investigations turn up anything. I'll check at OT too.

I did happen to run across an xvid, might be the same one you have. When I find my disc and finish grabbing this AVI, I'll post screens of both.

I really hope we can track down that HD copy.

I would download it but its got no par files.

you can still extract without the par files can't you?

Its over 300 days old, the retention would be bad.

I tryed downloading it and it got errors unpacking at about the 20th rar :-\

well, thats just suck all around. i guess it looks like we are stuck with a SD copy. screencaps in the mornign.

No joy finding the HD version so far I'm afraid. The closest I got was one guy who had it but deleted it just over six months ago. :'(

Here are the details for the version that I have though I have my suspicions that it'll be the same one you already have as there only seems to be one version out there at the moment...

VIDEO:
MPEG 4 Visual (Xvid)
624 x 352 (16:9)
23.976 fps
AUDIO:
128 kbs mp3
48 KHz
2.0 Stereo

Random screencaps:

vlcsnap00002i.png

vlcsnap00003g.png

vlcsnap00005x.png

vlcsnap00011y.png

vlcsnap00012i.png

Not the best quality but far from the worst (he says trying not to imagine how good the HD version would look).
Hope this is of some help.

I don't know of any official release but there was a version sent out for Emmy consideration. It is SD not HD but I do have it.

ThrowgnCpr you have access to it now too. I also saved most of their web site as well. I missed one flash file that I just could not find.

History still has this site.http://www.history.com/shows/star-w...#build-your-own-ultimate-star-wars-collection I don't know if they were in the show or not. If you still want the HD version History does show it every six months or so. It was on a few months back.

Thanks shades. My copies are 1) the same low-res xvid that el_silloneb posted info about above, and 2) my own crappy TV capture (which I think is in worse shape than using the xvid due to the analog noise).

I'll take a look at the emmy copy.

Could people keep their eyes on the TV listings then in case this one comes around again. I'd do it myself but don't live in the US and so don't have access to the channel.

Also, Shades2585,
is the Emmy version 90 or 120 mins? ThrownCpr mentioned in his initial post that they were thinking of releasing at 120 mins. He sits with fingers crossed...

I'm not sure I'll have to check. Probably the 90 min. Maybe the extra 30min was from the video clips on their web site. I done' know. I haven't watched the clips and watched the show to see if they are in the show or not.

Has anyone else checked them?

Some are listed as being from the show others are not but I, like you, haven't checked.

I just checked it is 90min long. Sorry no luck there. :(

I also have the Emmy disk for Empire of Dreams. 90min.

Back
Top Bottom