• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR WARS: Last Jedi - Anti-Cringe-Cut

I am not going to watch this cut if it blatantly conflicts with the events of Episode IX by keeping Luke alive and killing Leia off.

Hardbackyoyo said:
I am not going to watch this cut if it blatantly conflicts with the events of Episode IX by keeping Luke alive and killing Leia off.

original.gif

Hardbackyoyo said:

World's smallest violin.

No Justice is one of the most highly praised edits here and it blatantly conflicts with the events of Justice League

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The milking (and fishing) scene is great because it's deviously weird world building and it serves the story by showing how Luke is a)surviving on the island and b)desperate to disenchant this spunky padawan wannabe that just crashed his isolation pity party.[/font]

Hardbackyoyo said:
The milking (and fishing) scene is great because it's deviously weird world building and it serves the story by showing how Luke is a)surviving on the island and b)desperate to disenchant this spunky padawan wannabe that just crashed his isolation pity party.

Seeing how this edit is nearing approval and is set in its approach, I think you may find more debating of topics of your interest and more amicable responses here.

Hardbackyoyo said:
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The milking (and fishing) scene is great because it's deviously weird world building and it serves the story by showing how Luke is a)surviving on the island and b)desperate to disenchant this spunky padawan wannabe that just crashed his isolation pity party.[/font]

I'm still not sure if you're being serious or just trolling but nobody's taking the original movie away from you mate. You can watch the milking scene as often as you want. 

In my opinion there's still enough world building without it in my cut and I agree with Hamill when he said:

[img=600x110]https://imgoat.com/uploads/2a0e188f50/135430.jpg[/img]

Update: Happy to announce that all my fixes have been approved. Looking forward to a release soon (hopefully this week).   :)

Stay tuned for further updates!

mla2520 said:
any news?  (anxiously awaiting!)

There were some minor issues regarding the surround sound that are delaying the release a bit. Currently working on it with an academy member to get the final cut out as soon as possible.

Update: Apologies for the delay everybody. There were some issues regarding the surround sound in my cut.

I used Adobe AfterEffects  to cut the whole thing and AfterFX can only export Stereo audio. That's why although my source audio was 5.1 it got transformed into a Stereo Mix. I tried to rebuild the 5.1 audio track with some post-processing in Adobe Audition but it didn't get through the approval process because according to the reviewer(s) the audio was slightly distorted at some points.

What I learned from this: Next time I will just do the VFX in AfterFX and the rest of the editing in Premiere (like it should be done)  :)

Good news though is that my edit (with Stereo audio) has *pending* approval (finally!) :D

I made a suggestion to the Academy a couple of days ago to include the 5.1 audio track I "rebuild" in the release as a second audio track for you guys to try out. I'm still waiting for a reply but as soon as I get one the wait is hopefully gonna be over.

I'm already very excited to share this cut with all of you (hopefully very soon)!

Who did you submit to?  This thread is still ITW rather than Pending Approval.

TVs Frink said:
Who did you submit to? 

To the Academy member who added the word *pending approval* to my previous post  ;)

I have been reviewing this edit for the academy and can share the current state of the process.

DonKamillo has put a ton of work into this edit. It's near complete, however there are some audio issues that are proving problematic due to the way the source files were create and a roadblock in the limitations AfterFx has in rendering files that has made the final hurdle difficult. Because of this, this edit remains In-the Works until a method for rendering/exporting the audio successfully can be developed.

The edit itself has a good flow and is very ambitious in its removal of the entirety of Canto Bight.While some characters such as Fin and Rose show up at the end and are seen in odd clothing for a rebel, the narrative is still strong enough to bring the viewer along. There are also some great and unique editing choices in this edit that will bring a refreshing new take on certain scenes that were either omitted from the theatrical or just needed a re-imagining in order to be less "cringe-worthy". A potentially strong addition to the many TLJ edits that are sure to come.

I'm back!  :)

After a couple of days of vacation I went back to the thinking board about this audio issue.

Originally the idea was to render the source audio into a Stereo mix before applying it to my project, but I wasn't really happy with releasing the whole thing in Stereo.

I remembered, that I was able to export the whole audio in 5.1 with the Adobe Media Encoder instead of directly in AfterFX (which can export Audio only in Mono or Stereo) but in doing that the exported sound was not very clean and had annoying clicks and pops all over it. So I decided before "giving up" and going with Stereo sound I'll try to remove those clicks and pops from the 5.1 audio.

Adobe Audition has a pretty advanced Click Remover, so I analyzed the audio with the diagnostic tool (it found over 6000 instances of clicks or pops in the audio) and repaired all the issues found in the scan. After listening to the result I was happy to hear that the clicks were gone without distorting the audio in any way.

So the audio I rendered is now 5.1 again and without clicks or pops. I uploaded some snippets with the new audio for the Academy to check out but as I haven't posted any updates in a while, I decided to post them here too.

A snippet of the exported 5.1 audio track (using the Adobe Media Encoder) with clicks. You can hear them especially near the end of the clip:

The same part of the audio track after I went over it with the Click Remover (and some post-processing tools) in Adobe Audition:

Here is a snippet of the final video with some dialogue. As you can hear there are no distortions:

And finally this would be the Media Info for the final file:

[img=530x1020]https://imgoat.com/uploads/8baa56554f/141228.png[/img]

Waiting for hopefully positive feedback from the Academy. Stay tuned!  :)

Sadly I don't have any updates on the release date of my cut, as I'm still waiting for a response from the academy regarding my last update. 

While we wait... here is an idea for an alternate ending that was floating around in my head while creating the force vision scene Luke has of Rey joining Kylo. I ultimately scrapped the idea because among other reasons it would cut off the whole act on Crait and with it all the work I did on Luke's green lightsaber and other scenes but watching the Plinkett Review of TLJ recently I had to chuckle at him mentioning that it would have been a better ending to the movie.

It looks something like this:

Another possible way the scene could go (Kylo mouthing "Please" removed and Iris transition to credits on his hand instead of Rey's face): 

Back
Top Bottom