• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR WARS: Last Jedi - Anti-Cringe-Cut

"[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Final Running Time: 108 minutes" [/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Is that at 25 frames per second or the correct 23.976 frames per second.  Hopefully you decide to encode it at the correct blu ray standard of 23.976 fps unlike your earlier versions.  I doubt anyone here wants to watch the movie all sped up at the wrong framerate...[/font]

stretch009 said:
"[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Final Running Time: 108 minutes" [/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Is that at 25 frames per second or the correct 23.976 frames per second.  Hopefully you decide to encode it at the correct blu ray standard of 23.976 fps unlike your earlier versions.  I doubt anyone here wants to watch the movie all sped up at the wrong framerate...[/font]

It's 23.976 now mate, so no worries  ;)

Any idea when you'll be uploading the version with the frame fixes? Thanks again for all of your hard work. :cool:

Brent72 said:
Any idea when you'll be uploading the version with the frame fixes? Thanks again for all of your hard work. :cool:

Frame errors are fixed but I just got some feedback for my re-submission (thanks DigMod!) and there are still some audio issues (mainly some transitions) to smooth out. Gonna work on those and keep you guys posted.

DonKamillo said:
Brent72 said:

Frame errors are fixed but I just got some feedback for my re-submission (thanks DigMod!) and there are still some audio issues (mainly some transitions) to smooth out. Gonna work on those and keep you guys posted.

OK, thanks man. :cool:

Update: I'm done fixing the audio issues and re-submitted my fixes for round three :)

While working on the fixes I was thinking about the changed Luke/Rey fight scene where Yoda tells Luke not to attack her and I had an idea...  :D 
What if in this moment Luke has a force vision of what might happen, if he attacks Rey? 

In my opinion this adds some narrative importance to the scene because of course we know that in the end she doesn't join Kylo but maybe it would've turned out differently if Luke had attacked her on Ahch-To and thus alienated her even further from him and maybe that's why Yoda intervened to keep the balance of the force intact... 

What do you guys think?

Very interesting!   I think that works nicely and layers more meaning to the whole fight/sequence.   (been following the thread and think this is the first I commented... so hey there!)  

Really great work on this!

Interesting idea, but for me it doesn’t work as is. I just don’t think it’s clear that it’s Luke having a vision. And, as such, feels like a weird, shoe-horned in moment. I’d personally keep the old way. I don’t think Luke needs the extra motivation to not attack Rey.

I agree with Moe_Syzlak, I wouldn't put that in. Sent you a PM by the way. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I want to keep the scene but I changed it a little:

• to make it more apparent that it's Luke having the vision, you now see his face before and after
  • added some whispering sounds and a faint Darth Vader breathing sound during the vision
  • removed the shot where Luke hits Rey after dodging one of her strikes, so he's only on defense now, keeping in line with Yoda telling him not to attack

Brent72 said:
Sent you a PM by the way. :cool:

Please refrain from announcing that a PM has been sent. Members receive alerts to let them know this. Thanks :)

DonKamillo,

Your project has had my attention from the start.  Sounds like you've made some great choices.  HOWEVER, I just read that episode IX will feature Carrie Fisher.  I'm not sure if your choice to have her die in the bridge explosion makes sense now.

"...the late Carrie Fisher, who passed away prior to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in 2017, will appear as General Leia Organa through the use of previously unseen footage from The Force Awakens.

“We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” said director J.J. Abrams in a statement. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.” "

Thanks for your interest in my cut HyperDown  :)

I read the story a while ago but I don't think that changes much in regards to my project. I'm not very fond of the whole idea because for obvious reasons they only have limited footage of her so if Abrams doesn't use it exclusively for flashback scenes but instead tries to make a whole storyline out of it, he would have to write it around the existing footage and it's hard to create a good story with limitations like that.

Anyway, I'm curious which direction they will go with Leia and if out of all the legacy characters at least poor Lando gets a happy ending but in the worst case you can look forward to an Episode IX Anti-Cringe-Cut  :D

PS: Also, you don't know if Leia is dead for sure in my edit. I left a tiny backdoor open for me (pay close attention to Luke's vision of her)  ;)

Brent72 said:
Any updates on when this might be released?

It's pending approval which means an Academy member will or is reviewing it. In this particular case,  it is currently being reviewed. Patience my friend.

@"Brent72"  my error, this was moved back to ITW while the editor fixes some issues. I do have insider information that DonKamillo is working closely with an academy member. Stay tuned.

Update: Only one fix left to get approved. Almost there :)

The last fix was about a transition in the last scene, where we see everybody in the Falcon. For obvious reasons I had to cut out Leia talking to Rey which wasn't a problem but the transition to the Millennium Falcon going into hyperspace for the last time was a bit jarring (couldn't use the shot where everybody is talking to each other as the camera zooms out because Leia is sitting right at the center of this one) so in an earlier version of my cut the last thing we see is Rey smiling.

While fixing the transition though I decided, that the last shot before the epilogue should be something different. That's what I came up with:

Sent this in already and waiting for a positive reply from the Academy (fingers crossed)  :D

I'm sorry, but I don't think cutting the bit where Luke tossed the lightsaber even works, because by doing so, it would create a continuity error. It now looks like the lightsaber completely disappeared from his hands between shots.

Hardbackyoyo said:
I'm sorry, but I don't think cutting the bit where Luke tossed the lightsaber even works, because by doing so, it would create a continuity error. It now looks like the lightsaber completely disappeared from his hands between shots.

Actually I didn't just cut that part out. Luke gives the saber back to Rey instead of throwing it away. That's why the lightsaber "disappears" from his hands  ;) 

Hardbackyoyo said:
What is everyone's problem with the milking scene, anyway?

What Brent72 said.

Hamill himself would agree I think:

Back
Top Bottom