• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars in 3-D

Will you watch the 3D re-release of the Star Wars movies?

• Yes, if it's Star Wars on the big screen, I'm there!

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Yes, but only the PT because the digital effects will make for better 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only the OT because I cant stand watching the PT in unedited format

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No, leave them alone George!

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No, but I would pay money to watch the original theatrical versions of the OT!

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Starting in 2012, Lucas will be re-releasing one Star Wars movie a year, each now in 3D. Will you be there?

ANH - yes, if word is the conversion is solid
ESB - ditto
ROTJ - depends on how I feel about the above two

PT - aw, hell naw! :p

No. Converting 2D films to 3D is like colorizing black and white. It's shit. Plus I still think 3D is a fad. People don't want to spend $14-$18 per ticket for a movie.

I don't even bother with films that were actually filmed in 3D.

2D is where it's at, baby. :)

I like 3D when done right. Meaning that it's a slightly different form of art than 2D movies, because the directors needs to take care of the lenght of the shots, of the framing etc... Call me heretic but 2001 in 3D would have looked good if shot in true 3D, IMO. And The Shining too!
I think 2D/3D convertion can't work for all movies, because of the previous reason.

I don't think I'll go to see TMP in theater again, unless everyone is amazed by the quality of the 3D, and in this case I'll go see it to see how things were done, more than to enjoy the movie (like a sort of disney ride if you want).
I don't think I'll ever go see AOTC on the theater again.
Revenge of the Sith... I don't know. For now I think not.

The Original trilogy I'll go.

I would want to see the OT in theaters in my time. Also, is 3D can make PT green screen effects look better, all the better. If not...well, it'll be interesting to listen to my rifftrax while in the theater.

I'm with Nic... I definitely want to see the OT on the big screen as well, but I'm not too sure on the 3D. If all else fails, there's always 2D glasses. :D

I want to see the OT on the big screen but in 2D...

Not me. I'm with thunderclap on this one. New films (such as THOR) which are not actually filmed in 3-D and then converted afterwards I always go and see in the normal 2-D format, so there's no way I'm coughing up money to see the Star Wars films converted to 3-D.

Still, there is a difference between new 3D movies that are shoot in 2D, but with the 3D in mind, and converting old movies in 3D.
And he convertion is sometime a need for certain movies, like Piranah 3D, because for now you can't shoot underwater in 3D because of the reflection of the water (or something like that...) that is not the same on both angles.
Plus I think I heard that Chris Nolan, if he makes a 3D movie one day, would not want to shoot in 3D, but would prefer to make a convertion to have the total control of the end effect, even if not 100% realistic.
Again, I'm not for 2D/3D convertion, just playing the devil's advocate to have several points of view.

Personally I think that 3D movies can't be totaly realistic for now, because they are also meant to be seen in 2D, and so use the depth of field that make some parts of the movie blurry to focus the eyes on something. In 3D the audience should make the focus on what they want, and that would requiere NO depth of fields, all the picture shoul be cristal clear and not blurry. So the director would need to make good directing decision for the audience to understand all what is needed to understand. But those kind of movies would not work on a 2D viewing.
ope I make myself clear, lol

George Lucas will not get a penny more out of me for anything Star Wars related.

He'll be getting plenty of pennies from me come September. :)

And me. Oh God... So many pennies!

I'll be going, I love and hate TPM, I'm too curious not to.
I think because of all the cg in the PT it would make it easier to manipulate the image as the people working on it, I would think, will have access to the original files. I reckon the OT would look the most "converted", but as I say I will still go.
Its STAR WARS!!!:)

I admit it. I'm a whore for Star Wars, but even more than that, there is simply this; this is the one chance for my boys to see them on the big screen. they'll be 5 and 7 when this thing starts, and 11 and 13 when the cycle finishes. While 2D versions will likely air again as well.. someday.. this is the one chance to have my kids see all of them on the big screen during the golden years of their childhood, the period I was fortunate enough to get SW on the big screen during my own childhood.

So this is for me, time to put aside my whining and complaining and posturing. I love Star Wars, and the PT simply doesn't offend my children as they do us older 'kids. Time for me to forget all the bitterness, buy some overpriced popcorn, an extra large Cherry Coke and enjoy my children enjoying Star Wars on the big screen. Many times.

L8wrtr said:
So this is for me, time to put aside my whining and complaining and posturing. I love Star Wars, and the PT simply doesn't offend my children as they do us older 'kids. Time for me to forget all the bitterness, buy some overpriced popcorn, an extra large Cherry Coke and enjoy my children enjoying Star Wars on the big screen. Many times.
I heartedly agree!
I'm gonna tell everyone now! " I LOVE STAR WARS AND I LOVE 3D":becky:

L8wrtr said:
I admit it. I'm a whore for Star Wars, but even more than that, there is simply this; this is the one chance for my boys to see them on the big screen. they'll be 5 and 7 when this thing starts, and 11 and 13 when the cycle finishes. While 2D versions will likely air again as well.. someday.. this is the one chance to have my kids see all of them on the big screen during the golden years of their childhood, the period I was fortunate enough to get SW on the big screen during my own childhood.

You deserve a medal or something for that speech.

Lol. L8wrtr, you do need to wear that as a badge. It should immediately be added into your signature text. "My name is L8wrtr, and I am a Star Wars whore."

Furthermore, what is the administrator of a fanediting site doing allowing his children to taint their minds with the original versions??

If Lucas lives long enough, in another 20 years he will release the Special Special Edition to theaters that will include the Wookie Christmas Special edited in. It may not appeal to children of all ages, but special needs children will absolutely love it.

geminigod said:
Furthermore, what is the administrator of a fanediting site doing allowing his children to taint their minds with the original versions??
taint3qy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom