• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars (I-III) Reimagined...

A preview cut is finished, uploading would take a few days, is there someone who would like to preview?

testingfazed said:
I'd like to preview your cut.

Thanks for the interest to give feedback, I'll write you a pm, once it's available.:)

The previewing went well, thanks again testingfazed. I think this edit can be published by next week.:)

NP, I can vouch for NewSpock's cut, for all that may be worth. It's really bold and does a lot different from other edits on this site. I recommend giving it a shot.

nightstalkerpoet said:
Would like to see this - links dead.

then PM the editor. Don't post about download links in the forum.

Sorry, first time on in a few years. Just seemed odd in the first week of release.

Thanks testingfazed for watching and reviewing the edit, I'm glad you enjoyed it.:)

Dear New Spock when you will have available the recut of starwars 3, to be able to give feedback the film??:)

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just watched your edit, here are my notes on it

Intro is very well paced, does a nice job of building tensions, feels very star wars
It's not clear what the role of the silver ship is, or who the people on it are, it might be better to include a shot of the queen walking towards it
It's very clever to make the Jedi not the ambassadors
Why on earth didn't you cut the "are you an angel" line
Why on earth didn't you cut yippeeeeee
Didn't Qui Gon tell Obi Wan not to allow any communications? Why did Obi Wan let Panaka take one then?
Could you have cut the threepio scene?
I forgot how bad the dubbing is
Could you cut "he was meant to help you"?
Could you cut Padme's disapproval outside of Watto's hut?
Could you cut the weird look on Qui Gon's face after Watto asks if he killed anyone to get the pod?
I think it would have been better to transition from Watto's bargain with Qui Gon to Darth Maul's arrival
Could you have cut Qui Gon using the force to manipulate the dice roll?
I think it would have been better to transition from Qui Gon and Watto's deal to the start of the pod race, skipping the long winded introductions
You could probably cut Anakin's engine troubles as well
The transition from Qui Gon's brief duel with Maul on Tatooine to his death was smart, but poorly handled, and leaves out one of the best parts of the prequel trilogy. I don't know how you could have handled it better, but there are tons of continuity errors that couldn't be corrected without some heavy VFX work.
I like that you used CG instead of shitty puppet yoda
It was smart to cut from the senate scene to getting rid of the trade federation
I think you need a better transition from the end of TPM to the beginning of AotC. Maybe a "ten years later" blurb. It works as is, but I'd like to see a clearer transition
Anakin seems a lot more likable so far

That was as far as I could get, I've watched so many damn PT edits I can't bring myself to watch that piece of shit trilogy anymore. Maybe I'll make an exception for Adywan's edit, it seems like it'll make the movies unrecognizable.

Overally, from what I saw I enjoyed your cut. My absolute favorite part was the opening sequence, before the Jedi made it to Naboo, that was excellent editing right there. I never even imagined that the Jedi could be removed as ambassadors, well done. Beyond that, I wish you had trimmed Tatooine and kept the duel between Obi, Qui, and Maul instead. I'd say this edit has potential to be great, but it's not quite there yet

soufihadi said:
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just watched your edit, 

Overally, from what I saw I enjoyed your cut. My absolute favorite part was the opening sequence, before the Jedi made it to Naboo, that was excellent editing right there. I never even imagined that the Jedi could be removed as ambassadors, well done. Beyond that, I wish you had trimmed Tatooine and kept the duel between Obi, Qui, and Maul instead. I'd say this edit has potential to be great, but it's not quite there yet

Thanks for watching the first third of the edit and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks joos for watching and reviewing the edit, I'm glad you enjoyed it (mostly). :)

You did a great job mixing those 3 movies man and it's a most watch for those looking to condense the story into a more manageable watch.
I see what you were going for with the maul qin fight & all do the cut is jarring a little,you did a great job with what was there.
The rest i feel was bang on the money & a great edition to the fan edits of these movies.

Before I get to the list of suggested fixes, I do want to reiterate that this is so far the BEST edit that mashes the trilogy into one film...so there is definitely that. It just needs some tweaking IMO.

----------------------------

Things I would recommend fixing to make this potentially THE ultimate mashup of the trilogy:

- Since there seems to be no avoiding Jar Jar with how this edit works through Ep1, I would say maybe find a better way to introduce him rather than just shoving him into a room and rolling with it from there. Though, I did like how the film started and jumped right into the queen's escape. I don't know if there's a better way to into Jar Jar...

- Shorten the pod race. It went on a little too long. Also cut the stupid announcer down, lose Jabba, and cut out the introductions to the racers. All of that is unnecessary. I believe HAL9000 accomplished this well. If you insist on keeping that stuff, maybe refer the Heavy Star Wars I for a better way to make it look "sportsy".

- Lose the bit where Yoda and Mace are talking at the funeral. That whole line about only two and one being destroyed doesn't make sense with your edit since you cut out Maul entirely and there's no sense that he died from the Jin encounter. It seems like a minor enough thing to just forget and not bring back up. Sidious could easily have more than one apprentice since they don't exactly follow rules.

- For Ep2, I'd lose the scene with Obiwan in the library. It's awkward and is also kind of pointless. He ends up having the exact same conversation with Yoda anyways later.

- Cut the part where it pans out to show Mace and Yoda talking about how the Clone War has begun. I think it's unnecessary. It would be more effective to fade/cut from "great a grand army of the republic" to the actual army being marched, and the ship taking off...then go to the wedding. Which brings me to my next suggestion:

- Transition into Ep3 differently. Your transition into this episode is pretty jarring. If you're going to skip Grevious completely, why bother keeping any scenes about the rescue or keeping any dialogue mentioning him? Go from the wedding straight to dropping off the senator at the hangar bay. It would feel softer of a transition than cutting to an unexplained rescue (that was only explained in the opening crawl for Ep3). So go from the wedding straight to 2:04:37 and also cut out the Mace dialogue here. Go directly from 2:05:17 to 2:05:40 because why discuss Grevious who isn't in the film and why "make finding him our highest priority"?

- You may also want to toss the whole scene about flying to the planet where Grevious was. This includes the scene at 2:16:03 and all of the non-Anakin, non-Palpatine moments between that point and 2:19:50. Use this time to focus on Anakin. 

- Cut the dialogue "You are under arrest my lord". It doesn't fit Mace's actions moments later when he says he needs to kill him. Also cut the whole "I told you it would come to this! The Jedi are taking over" because it also makes no sense considering he just told him he was going to turn him in to Mace and Palpatine - Anakin and everyone else knows this. It's silly. Rather just go from Anakin approaching to "The oppression of the Sith will never return".

- Also from the scene above, cut the pause between "I'll do whatever you ask" and "Just help me save Padme". That part where Palpatine says "goooooood" is dumb. Also cut the "Thank you, my master" after he's dubbed Vader. It's also bizarre dialogue. Also cut at 2:31:16 to lose that whole "I understand master" it's another odd piece of dialogue. This scene works better with Anakin's mouth shut.

- If there's a way to drop Obiwan's scene coming up from the water, and just go to the part where he says the clones attacked him, that would be better. There's no explanation how he ended up in the water. Your whole Jedi killing sequence is cut pretty hard. Maybe let this one bit play out more like the original film...? Probably skip showing Yoda's part in this since there's no explanation why he was on the wookie planet.

- For the final battle, I would find a way to cut out that lava waterfall part. If there's a point where you can cut from them jumping down from the room they're fighting in or from that first pipe they're balancing on to the discussion just before Anakin gets chopped up, I think that would be less over-the-top.

- And lastly, keep the Vader creation sequence up until the helmet closes and we hear the breathing for the first time. No need for the Noooooooo...or maybe borrow the whole ending sequence from HAL9000's edit because it's pretty great....including the birth of the kids and the "nooooo" being turned into grunts, and Padme not dying (which is vastly better for continuity with RotJ).

Back
Top Bottom