• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars (I-III) Reimagined...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet cover. Only suggestion I have is change "After a 1000 years..." to either "After a thousand years..." or "After 1000 years..."

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Sweet cover. Only suggestion I have is change "After a 1000 years..." to either "After a thousand years..." or "After 1000 years..."

Oh I agree, but I am just transferring what NewSpock wrote with a few punctuation/grammar corrections. ;-)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

Or "1000 Generations". It means the same thing... apparently.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Final version:

RAX7HoD.jpg

Thanks, bionicbob, looks really nice!:)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"A 1000" years is grammatically incorrect.
Either 1000 years
or
one thousand years
or
a thousand years.

Reference Neg's post #61.
He is one 100% percent correct.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
He is one 100% percent correct.

I see what you did there, if you meant to do it.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:

Ah, thanks, have forgotten that line. In the Star Wars Episode I they say that the sith were extinct for a millenium. It doesn't have to be a contradiction, the Jedi could have been the guardians for peace and justice for a thousand generations and yet the sith could have been extinct only a millenium. But still some doubts remain.:noidea:

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I see what you did there, if you meant to do it.

Yes. A lean towards Grammar Police, which I think most here try to resist.
What Neg pointed out, however, amounted to a printed error, and best to correct before FE approval.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BOB, cover is spot on. Forget what I said :)

NewSpock said:
How about this for a synopsis?

"After a 1000 years the sith have returned. Will the jedi see through the cloud of the dark force before it consumes them?
Follow Anakin Skywalker on his path to become the greatest Jedi and having to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny."

Here's what I suggest:
After a thousand years the Sith have returned. Will the Jedi see through the Dark Side's machinations, or will it consume them? Follow Anakin Skywalker on this path to become the greatest Jedi as he is forced to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny.

Personally I feel it reads better (and looks better too) if you use the full pronunciation of the years and not the numbers. But that's just personal preference and NOOOOO ONE should take this as written word. Also Sith/Jedi is capitalised but I'm guessing you knew that and it was just a typo since you did capitalize Jedi the second time :) Also it's the Dark Side of the Force and not the Dark Force :) This isn't Dark Force Rising LMAO sorry :p and finally see through the cloud doesn't sound right, but I think I know what you're trying to say. It's more in the sense of Yoda's statement "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is." Right? :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will happily alter the back text is NewSpock requests it. :)

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
BOB, cover is spot on. Forget what I said :)

Here's what I suggest:

Personally I feel it reads better (and looks better too) if you use the full pronunciation of the years and not the numbers. But that's just personal preference and NOOOOO ONE should take this as written word. Also Sith/Jedi is capitalised but I'm guessing you knew that and it was just a typo since you did capitalize Jedi the second time :) Also it's the Dark Side of the Force and not the Dark Force :) This isn't Dark Force Rising LMAO sorry :p and finally see through the cloud doesn't sound right, but I think I know what you're trying to say. It's more in the sense of Yoda's statement "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is." Right? :)

I think you are right: "A thousand years" looks better, and " Follow Anakin Skywalker on this path to become the greatest Jedi as he is forced to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny. " sounds better.

And you are right, "dark side" is more to the point.

But I like the word "cloud" in there, so my preferred version would be:

"After a thousand years the Sith have returned. Will the Jedi see through the cloud of the dark side before it consumes them? Follow Anakin Skywalker on his path to become the greatest Jedi as he is forced to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny."

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewSpock said:
I think you are right: "A thousand years" looks better, and " Follow Anakin Skywalker on this path to become the greatest Jedi as he is forced to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny. " sounds better.

And you are right, "dark side" is more to the point.

But I like the word "cloud" in there, so my preferred version would be:

"After a thousand years the Sith have returned. Will the Jedi see through the cloud of the dark side before it consumes them? Follow Anakin Skywalker on his path to become the greatest Jedi as he is forced to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny."

I perfectly understand your choice of keeping cloud. It already looks a lot better though, if I my say so :) I hope you don't mind me pushing a bit, but what about shroud? It has a similar meaning in this case and it sounds better?

Will the Jedi see through the Dark Side's shroud before it consumes them?

I'll stop bugging you about the text now, regardless of what you think :p

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

I like that, shroud it should be.:)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

Tune in next week! Same Sith time, same Sith channel!

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, bionicbob. :)

I still have to preview the edit, so it will take sometime, but maybe in February it can be released.

Top Bottom