• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars (I-III) Reimagined...

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Ok, I may regret this, but here is the idea I came up with....

mbTtvo1l.jpg

Thanks bionicbob, I like it alot, I think you are onto something.:)

Personally, I like the front even more than the backside.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Take Two.....:D

Cover A:
438LYvql.jpg

Have to clean up the front a bit more as when I made the image smaller I forgot to erase the portrait border.

or Cover B:
wC7wWKYl.jpg

Though I would probably resize the back cover image to fit the text.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Opacity? You mean contrast? It looks fully opaque to me.

Opacity; i.e. how much an image will obscure the background when painted, usually defined by its alpha channel.

Layman's terms: change the opacity so that the Anakin/Vader pic becomes more transparent and you can see more of the background. It makes the image a bit lighter/softer and makes them blend into the starfield background. Personally I think it would look better. Just a suggestion, BOB :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
NewSpock - I highly recommend your start trying your hand at cover art. I still strongly believe that a good film editor also needs strong visual skills. Though the skill set is slightly different, the basics are easy to grasp. Please see our video tutorial:

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?1449-Cover-Art-Tutorial-(video)

Just a personal point of view, but some photoshop skills/knowledge also greatly transitions into vfx. Using After Effects (or similar programs) becomes easier if you understand the basics :) And being good at vfx-work translates back into more original fanedits. And thus, the circle is complete! ;)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Opacity; i.e. how much an image will obscure the background when painted, usually defined by its alpha channel.

Layman's terms: change the opacity so that the Anakin/Vader pic becomes more transparent and you can see more of the background. It makes the image a bit lighter/softer and makes them blend into the starfield background. Personally I think it would look better. Just a suggestion, BOB :)

Yeah, I know what opacity means. You said you'd suggest raising the opacity. I said it looks fully opaque (opacity at 100%) which means it cannot be raised. Now what you're describing is lowering the opacity, the opposite. Also known as raising the transparency.

Anyway, I disagree. I don't think it would look better to make either of the images more transparent and with a star background. I don't know which you're talking about because both sides are an Anakin/Vader pic and bob has shown 2 versions where the pics are swapped in each.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Take Two.....:D

Cover A:
438LYvql.jpg

Have to clean up the front a bit more as when I made the image smaller I forgot to erase the portrait border.

or Cover B:
wC7wWKYl.jpg

Though I would probably resize the back cover image to fit the text.

Imho cover A is better, the front picture is easier to grasp and therefore it makes more sense for it to be on the front. Thanks for creating it. Needs some polishing, but good work bionicbob!:)

Now I juat have to find the time to think about and write up a synopsis.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about this as a synopsis?

"
It's a story about Ben Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and how we got to the point where Obi-Wan Kenobi was waiting in the middle of the desert for something to happen. It's also about how Darth Vader got to be who he is, and how the Emperor came to power."―George Lucas, speaking from the Second Star Wars Summit at Skywalker Ranch, April 20, 1995

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewSpock said:
How about this as a synopsis?

"
It's a story about Ben Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and how we got to the point where Obi-Wan Kenobi was waiting in the middle of the desert for something to happen. It's also about how Darth Vader got to be who he is, and how the Emperor came to power."―George Lucas, speaking from the Second Star Wars Summit at Skywalker Ranch, April 20, 1995

I don't think that works specifically for your edit by itself. It could be a part of your summary, but on its own, it's really lacking. Why don't you try writing one?

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I don't think that works specifically for your edit by itself. It could be a part of your summary, but on its own, it's really lacking. Why don't you try writing one?

Agreed, it's lacking something spicy:). You are right, will have to write it myself, but it's not gonna happen today, just too tired to come up with something inspiring.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Yeah, I know what opacity means. You said you'd suggest raising the opacity. I said it looks fully opaque (opacity at 100%) which means it cannot be raised. Now what you're describing is lowering the opacity, the opposite. Also known as raising the transparency.

Anyway, I disagree. I don't think it would look better to make either of the images more transparent and with a star background. I don't know which you're talking about because both sides are an Anakin/Vader pic and bob has shown 2 versions where the pics are swapped in each.

Yeah, you're right. First time I wrote raised while I meant lowered, but at least you got what I meant :) And I meant the blue Anakin/Vader picture from what most were suggesting should have been the back cover (hence I didn't specify it further). There's no star background, I thought there was but my eyes deceived me. To be fair I never opened the thumbnail so that didn't help... But I suggested lower opacity so that the text would be easier to read.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewSpock said:
Needs some polishing

I'm just going to come out and say this...you need to work on your bedside manner. It needs some polishing.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Yeah, you're right. First time I wrote raised while I meant lowered, but at least you got what I meant :) And I meant the blue Anakin/Vader picture from what most were suggesting should have been the back cover (hence I didn't specify it further). There's no star background, I thought there was but my eyes deceived me. To be fair I never opened the thumbnail so that didn't help... But I suggested lower opacity so that the text would be easier to read.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about this for a synopsis?

"After a 1000 years the sith have returned. Will the jedi see through the cloud of the dark force before it consumes them?
Follow Anakin Skywalker on his path to become the greatest Jedi and having to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny."

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewSpock said:
How about this for a synopsis?

"After a 1000 years the sith have returned. Will the jedi see through the cloud of the dark force before it consumes them?
Follow Anakin Skywalker on his path to become the greatest Jedi and having to make a choice that will forever decide his destiny."

You might want to say something about your actual edit. Your synopsis should sell your edit concept, make it clear to the potential viewer what the intent is so they want to watch. There are a million SW edits, you need to make yours stand out from the crowd.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
You might want to say something about your actual edit. Your synopsis should sell your edit concept, make it clear to the potential viewer what the intent is so they want to watch. There are a million SW edits, you need to make yours stand out from the crowd.

Thanks, you are right, how about adding this line?

"Enjoy the Star Wars prequels I-III formed into a single movie in this fanedit, with a relateable story, likeable characters and less bad looking CGI. Experience the prequels' story in a new light!"

Running time is: 195 min. Videocodec: h.264 mkv. Audio: AC3-5.1.

By the way, thank you again for creating the cover. Even though you haven't watched the edit, you have nailed its tone, and it's much better than what I could have created.:)

Top Bottom