• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - Restructured V3

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theforce said:
I read somewhere on this site that the Reveal of Rens face should be when he reveals himself to Han at the end of the film...it would add more suspense to the film.

That's certainly my own preference, and it's also something that has been suggested once or twice here by others and during discussions over at the likes of originaltrilogy(.)com too.  Although TFA was a successful enough return to the franchise in many ways, there are lots of things throughout it that I'd rather remove/alter for my own preference in future - and keeping Kylo's face a mystery for longer is one of them.  

While many have no problem whatsover with the existing reveal of Kylo's face mid-way through the movie, I'm definately one of those who'd prefer to keep the reveal of what he LOOKS LIKE as a mystery until the point where Han finally confronts him nearer the end of the movie.  I've weighed this up against losing a lot of the dialogue during Rey's 'interrogation' scene, and having to alter the 'Snoke' scenes quite a bit, but I'm very content with how I intend to let things play out for the sake of a later reveal.  Now I just need to find the time to actually cut the damn thing in the way that I want, someday.  :p

As has been pointed out, Hal9000's intention for this edit was to mainly alter the movie to just make the 'starkiller' fire later in the movie.  But there are other edits such as DigModiFicaTion's which aim to include Kylo keeping his helmet on longer.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely going to try having Ren helmeted during the post-interrogation Snoke scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
I'm definitely going to try having Ren helmeted during the post-interrogation Snoke scene.

Wondering what methods you are thinking of using. I used a couple of cropped shots and messed with some speeds to accomplish it.  The far shot I made when Hux walks off still needs some work as I look back at it. I did straight rotoscope and chroma key work on it to accomplish the tasks.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably playing around and ultimately biding time until a creative genius like you perfects it. ;)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well,  I'm more of a creative novice,  but I'd love to help accomplish your vision if I can :)

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This 'gentle restructure' was an emergent idea from the internet, but I'm all for whatever can better realize it. The other weak point is the audio during Finn and Han spotting the First Order approaching Maz's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What would you like that part to say?

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More fitting music is all, rather than "The Starkiller," with appropriate foley.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
More fitting music is all, rather than "The Starkiller," with appropriate foley.

link removed

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dom, I removed the link. Drive allows for direct downloads. Please use youtube/vimeo or similar service.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Dom, I removed the link. Drive allows for direct downloads. Please use youtube/vimeo or similar service.

How embarrassing! Not my link, will have to figure something else out.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:

Just curious Hal, but as Kylo has already shown himself during the 'interrogation' scene beforehand, why do you wish to bother covering him up in this other helmet-less scene?

DominicCobb said:
How embarrassing!

(sorry Dom, I couldn't resist)

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In order to merge the two Snoke scenes like my restrictive demands,
one of which depicts him helmeted and the other unhelmeted. Current solution: rotoscoped two shots and hoping the hood is unnoticed otherwise.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
In order to merge the two Snoke scenes like my restrictive demands,
one of which depicts him helmeted and the other unhelmeted. Current solution: rotoscoped two shots and hoping the hood is unnoticed otherwise.

Thanks, I'm embarrassed to say that I'd forgotten you'd re-arranged your post-'interrogation' Snoke scene with various masked and unmasked shots of Kylo, compared to the original version!

For myself, I'm intending to re-do the initial Snoke scenes using the masked/hooded Kylo shots only.  It took me a while to work out, but I found there was just enough footage to be able to re-arrange the Snoke/Kylo/Hux dialogue into something that plays out well enough for me...and am content to discard the rest without all the extra work! :p   

But I take my hat off to anyone who goes to the effort of attempting to add Kylo's helmet to various shots.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OP updated to reflect a massively improved Version 2, thanks to the hard work and amazing talent of the good folks of OriginalTrilogy.com. The final output is being encoded now, and should be available in time to watch prior to seeing The Last Jedi on opening night. For help with downloading, all I can say is to seek Reddit.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The BD50 version is now live, which for the present moment will need to be sought out via the tip in the original post of the thread. There you'll also find the 720p and DVD5 versions once they are encoded and uploaded.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 720p is available in the same places. Due to a hard time crunch on my end for today it is missing 5.1 audio and subtitles.
I’m also not doing a DVD version for V2.

However, all these wrongs will be righted in V2.1 once time is back on our side. ?

Delpheas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where in the film is the deleted Leia scene? Because I watched this through, and didn't see it?

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apologies. The one on .info hasn't been updated because it usually takes quite a while for the admin to update the listings. I did not bother sending him V2 since V2.1 will be due out soon, and I'll need the 'Mega' space for that. It would have been obsolete by the time it was listed, and the links would have been gone. I'm afraid you downloaded V1. 
There's a Reddit post, which I won't link to here, where you can find V2. Again, I regret the confusion for the present.

Top Bottom