• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - Restructured V3

JMarso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked the changes in this edit, and if combined with the edits made in the 'Heir to the Force' fanedit, that for me would be pretty much the definitive version of this movie. 

That said, really nice job on Restructured 2.1!!

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Updated OP for information regarding the recently finished V3. Versions 1 and 2 took a very restrained approach, addressing only the core 'Starkiller restructuring' idea, with a few tiny exceptions. I wanted to keep TFA intact aside from the elegant concept of moving the Starkiller plot around. 

Given that I ended up doing a full-on fan edit of The Last Jedi, I thought it only fair to revisit TFA one more time and allow myself to prune it a bit further. Therefore, some viewers may prefer to stick with version 2.1.

New changes for V3:

- As Finn mans the TIE fighter with Poe, trimmed firing upon fellow stormtroopers so soon after planning to escape. Now, he causes peripheral damage to prevent them from firing at him and takes aim at the command center. (Slightly shifted the placement of the film’s trademark Wilhelm scream in order to retain it.)
- Removed Kylo Ren identifying Finn’s stormtrooper ID from memory.
- Removed Rey saving Finn from the rathtars, cutting from Finn’s line, “They look like that,” to Han and Chewie arriving at the door to the Falcon.
- Removed Finn’s comedic line about almost being killed several times by Chewie while tending to him on the Falcon (Mimicked DigModiFicaTion’s approach).
- Removed Han shooting a stormtrooper while facing the other way.
- Throughout the battle at Maz’s castle, applied a slight sunset color correction to harmonize the sunset lighting present before and afterward.
- Cleaned up the smoke and debris around the Starkiller weapon exhaust when the X-Wings approach. (FX by NeverarGreat)
- Removed Finn’s comedic moment of misunderstanding Han’s head nod while searching for Rey (Mimicked DigModiFicaTion’s approach).
- Kylo's scar has been shifted for two shots to match its placement in The Last Jedi. (FX by Sir Ridley)
- Chewie has been cropped out of a shot of him walking past Leia. (Crop and image enhancement by Sir Ridley)
- Color corrected Ach-to to bring it a little closer to the corresponding scene’s lighting and weather conditions in The Last Jedi.

Belgarath

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
Updated OP for information regarding the recently finished V3. Versions 1 and 2 took a very restrained approach, addressing only the core 'Starkiller restructuring' idea, with a few tiny exceptions. I wanted to keep TFA intact aside from the elegant concept of moving the Starkiller plot around. 

Given that I ended up doing a full-on fan edit of The Last Jedi, I thought it only fair to revisit TFA one more time and allow myself to prune it a bit further. Therefore, some viewers may prefer to stick with version 2.1.

New changes for V3:

- As Finn mans the TIE fighter with Poe, trimmed firing upon fellow stormtroopers so soon after planning to escape. Now, he causes peripheral damage to prevent them from firing at him and takes aim at the command center. (Slightly shifted the placement of the film’s trademark Wilhelm scream in order to retain it.)
- Removed Kylo Ren identifying Finn’s stormtrooper ID from memory.
- Removed Rey saving Finn from the rathtars, cutting from Finn’s line, “They look like that,” to Han and Chewie arriving at the door to the Falcon.
- Removed Finn’s comedic line about almost being killed several times by Chewie while tending to him on the Falcon (Mimicked DigModiFicaTion’s approach).
- Removed Han shooting a stormtrooper while facing the other way.
- Throughout the battle at Maz’s castle, applied a slight sunset color correction to harmonize the sunset lighting present before and afterward.
- Cleaned up the smoke and debris around the Starkiller weapon exhaust when the X-Wings approach. (FX by NeverarGreat)
- Removed Finn’s comedic moment of misunderstanding Han’s head nod while searching for Rey (Mimicked DigModiFicaTion’s approach).
- Kylo's scar has been shifted for two shots to match its placement in The Last Jedi. (FX by Sir Ridley)
- Chewie has been cropped out of a shot of him walking past Leia. (Crop and image enhancement by Sir Ridley)
- Color corrected Ach-to to bring it a little closer to the corresponding scene’s lighting and weather conditions in The Last Jedi.

Sounds great. Definitely will check it out. Did you keep the scene of the ground opening between Rey and Kylo, separating them after she defeats him?

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That has been untouched, that's right. I recall checking DigMod's edit for that scene, and while I can't say I remember exactly how it went, I decided it was better to leave it as is.

xikorolkel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's obviously far too early, but I'm excited to see what you do with Rise of Skywalker. I like each of the sequel movies, but I wish that they were more cohesive. I'm hopeful that you will be able to help reduce contradictions and emphasize threads that connect all three.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We will have to see. I’ve never had less free time in my life, and my personal reaction to the new movie is one of great disappointment. I’m not sure what could be done, but I’m sure I will at least make some sort of effort, even if it takes a while.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a heads up: I've been getting a result of 0 hosts for all the various jdownloader links.  Have been hoping to view this for awhile, but it doesn't seem to be available...

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. I’ve submitted updated info to the admin but it seems it’s very sporadic for him to update the site.

As always, there’s a google Drive link to get them. I’ll PM it to you.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Hal9000" Hey I couldn't reach you at all so forgive me for writing it here, could you send me (preferrably an uncompressed version of) Finn looking up to see Star Destroyers coming to Takodana replacing the Starkiller Base laser? I couldn't download Force Awakens Restructured at all and couldn't find the edited shot on YouTube... It'll help greatly in my Force Awakens cut.

SnakeATWAR

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
Thanks. I’ve submitted updated info to the admin but it seems it’s very sporadic for him to update the site.

As always, there’s a google Drive link to get them. I’ll PM it to you.

Any chance I could get a PM as well? I'm guessing Ep9 is there too? :D It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top Bottom