• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope - Redux:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A New Hope was never my favorite of the saga mostly due to it being overshadowed by its modern contemporaries, this may have been the movie to start the series but its also George Lucas and company figuring out the kinks and with limited budget. I hope I don't sound to negative through my writing cause I do love Star Wars and what Lucas and co were able to make is deserving of all the praise. Lantern51 Star Wars Redux is a modernized take on New Hope updating it to be more palatable for todays audiences and just what I was looking for. Going into it if you detest George's special edition with old cgi you won't like this edit, now not all was special Han still shoots first and no Jabba falcon scene thank goodness. its more of the extended speeder scenes and stormtroopers riding those giant lizards in the desert. The real changes here though are the scene 38 light saber fight and the Darth Vader rogue one fight. They both go in pretty smoothly with some clever editing, thanks for limiting Leias bad cgi face, and editing out some of the more gratuitous scenes from 38. Vader throwing his light saber was always a bit much, the real surprise for me was editing out the flashback voices so it keeps with the original intent and doesn't spoil the infamous scene from empire strikes back. Now for some criticism much as I love the additions keep in mind there's over 40 years between the added scenes and the original movie so the quality is noticeable and might be jarring for some. I also wish you kept in Obi Wan forcing Vader back than picking up the light saber from 38 its a personal opinion but I think the scene flowed better with it in. One last thing I had to watch my copy on bluray to notice the addition of more music at the final battle. It was welcomed and gave the battle more energy. Great Quality and great editing this is a wonderful cut of A New Hope and one that comes highly recommended. Well Done

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom