• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
*This was a review I posted on the old forum that I had also posted on my personal website.*

I just finished watching a fan edit of Revenge of the Sith by ADigitalMan. For those of you who don?t know, ADigitalMan is a well known editor in the fan edit world because he makes quality edits. Revenge of the Sith is no exception.

The first thing I noticed was the new opening crawl. It works seemlessly and if you haven?t seen this movie you wouldn?t even suspect that it was changed. The movie then follows the normal storyline with the addition of deleted scenes from the DVD. The added scenes are edited in flawlessy from what I could see. They flowed with the movie without having that jumpy, shoved in feeling that some fan edits have. There are other scenes that were trimmed down to help erase any redundant conversations that would have been created by these additions. I was very pleased to see the scenes with the birth of the rebellion added back in.

Most of the droid voices are also re-worked. They have been deepened to help remove some of the ?cheese? that seems to plague the episodes 1 through 3. ADM has also added in new speech for the Emporer, Yoda, and even Qui-Gon Jin. Of course these have all been taken from the other Star Wars films, including the original trilogy. This created my only gripe for the edit. The added speech was a great idea and implemented things that probably should?ve been apart of the original script. Some of the audio had an echo sound to it though, making it stand out and sound fake. Besides those few moments, the audio was right on par with the original DVD.

The DVD for this edit has a static menu that works fine for the film. My only gripe with the menu is that it doesn?t have the chapter selection. I usually don?t use the chapter selection but Revenge of the Sith is a movie I have seen many, many times and I fell asleep while watching it. When I went to turn it back on I wanted to start where I last remembered but the lack of a chapter selection forced me to skip through the movie. Not a big deal, no, just noticed.

Overall, ADigitalMan?s edit of Revenge of the Sith was a pleasure to watch. It cut out many of the things that I disliked about the original film and replaced it with the scenes that help set up episodes 4 through 6. The editing itself was masterful in my opinion and as I stated earlier, it flowed with ease. This fan edit comes highly recommended from me to any Star Wars fan.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I have now watched all three of ADM's prequel re-edits. All three were great but I think ROS was the masterpiece of the trilogy re-edits!

My favorite addition by far was the ghost dialogue of Qui-Gon to Yoda during the battle with the Emperor and at the end.

I never understood why this never happened in the actually movie. They seem to set it up in TPM but did nothing with it until Yoda's statement to Obiwan at the end of ROS... a total WTF moment.... anyone know the story behind this...???

Anyway, absolutely loved it!

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lucas wrote the scene into the script when Yoda is meditating before Obi-Wan shows up with the injured Padme. Of course, it was over-wordy, and when it came to the edit, I only had the short shot to work with. However, what I was successful in doing was distilling the essence of the script down to something that fit in that timeframe using things from Liam's body of work. The other two additions weren't in the script per se, but they did underscore the sentiments of Qui Gon about the Will of the Force.

Damn ... THAT's what I should have named Ep. 1!!!

222 INT. POLIS MASSA-OBSERVATION DOME-NIGHT

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa, YODA meditates.

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ...

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

This was distilled down to
QUI-GON: (V.O.) Do you feel responsible? Forgive yourself. If you let it, it will destroy you as it almost did me.

Interestingly, I had another line in there too at one point, but it just sounded too patched-together so it got cut in the end. It went:
"Sith Lords will not share your compassion. If you let it, it will destroy you as it almost did me." Meanwhile, the "Do you feel responsible? Forgive yourself." part was in the Dagobah sequence.

broaddd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit sounds great. Are there any other Revenge of the Sith edits people recommend - will the Phantom Editor ever do one I wonder :)

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? This improves Epsiode Three a lot and is also widely considered to be one of the best fanedits for the "Revenge of the Sith" around.

original film name: Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
film studio name: Lucasfilm
Date Original Film Was Released: 19 MAY 2005
Date Edit Was Released: 10 NOV 2005
Original Runtime: 140 minutes
New Runtime: 146 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. Things added:
* New crawl, once again thanks to the programming genius of Darth Editous. This takes care of important expository elements that were missing.
* Battle droids & Nemoidian captain voices modulated to sound deeper and less silly.
* Death of Shaak-Ti (trimmed to remove redundancy) / Escape through the fuel cells (trimmed considerably)
* Palpatine refers to Dooku as Lord Tyrannus when he enters the room (as his mouth movements originally suggest)
* Plot to destroy the Jedi deleted scene (trimmed considerably to remove redundancy)
* The three Birth of the Rebellion scenes with Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma (among others)
* The Emperor tells Mas Amedda to "Leave us" explaining why he just walked out of the room after Yoda gets zapped.
* Three voiceovers with Qui Gon speaking to / with Yoda taken from Liam Neeson's body of work.
* Yoda's exile to Dagobah scene (incorporating the final Qui Gon moment)
2. Things removed:
* The lines about "Vulture Droids" and "Buzz Droids" during the Battle of Coruscant (it was bad exposition).
* Artoo slamming into a wall.
* Palpatine's cheesy "yes" removed from the fight with Darth Tyrannus.
* Jar Jar's one "Excuse me" line, which was a cheesy out-of-place lift from Ep I.
* Anakin & Padme's balcony scene
* References to Amidala as a Senator.
* NO FRIGGIN' MIDICHLORIANS (TM)
* Palpatine kvetching about being too weak to fight.
* Anakin second guessing himself about which side to choose and again after Mace's fate. Removing the "what have I done?" sequence that weakens his transformation.
* Padme dying from losing the will to live.
* Vader's "Noooooo" shortened and breathing effect added

DVD - Features:

1. 146 minutes NTSC
2. Static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

Simply put: To make the Prequels better

Time needed for the edition: 8 days

ADM_SW3_revenge_SE_3D2.jpg

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't click on the link for.....that link :-o

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that's no link of course. it is just blue color. You need to be a bit more creative I fear.

awesomesmasher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my bad... i guess reading the Posting & Linking & Availability Rules - A must read! would have helped me. sorry.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now available on Megashares, via info.

Top Bottom