• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Extended Edition

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a V2 of my Extended Edition of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It is available by DM. I will try to be better about responding to DMs in a timely manner. The following scenes are reintegrated into the movie:

-A Stirring in the Senate (Bail's Office)
-Seeds of Rebellion (Padme's Apartment)
-Confronting the Chancellor (Palpatine's Office)
-Yoda's communion with Qui-Gon (using audio from the Clone Wars courtesy of Hal9000)
-Exiled to Dagobah

I didn't want to reinsert any scenes that had unfinished effects or repeated dialogue that already appears in the film, so the following scenes are NOT included:

-Grevious Slaughters a Jedi: Escape from the General
-A Plot to Destroy the Jedi?
-any Blu-Ray deleted scenes

Here are the changes from V1:
-The deleted scene in Bail's Office is moved up by one scene and features new "sunset" color correction to better blend with the surrounding scenes (courtesy of Hal9000)
-The deleted scene in Palpatine's Office is moved until after Obi-Wan touches down on Utapau, allowing for a less jarring transition.
-There is only a single audio track in this version. Yoda's communion with Qui-Gon is included but I kept the original Vader scream since this is an Extended Edition and not a fanfix.
-Yoda's exile to Dagobah is moved up by one scene, before Padme's funeral. This allows for the original ending and it's music to play out uninterrupted. (transition courtesy of Siliconmaster482)

Last edited:

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always felt that one could easily include Shaak Ti's death and then cut back to the theatrical cut instead of them cutting through the floor into the green screen deck below. Your first thought is "where did she come from?" but all in all it's a powerful scene.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've made an alternate version of this that also includes Hal9000's revised ending from his Labyrinth of Evil edit in which Padme survives, plugging an infamous plot hole.

The alternate ending includes the following changes:
-a scene of Yoda communicating with the departed Qui-Gon Jinn is restored using audio from The Clone Wars
-Faneditor Hal9000's own voice replaces that of the medical droid. His prognosis is not that Padme is dying, but rather that she will survive without ever fully recovering. 
-Replaced Vader’s scream with the Russian dub, arguably making it a little less cheesy. 
-Courtesy of Hundsdorfex, replaced shot of Tantive IV descending toward Naboo with the ship streaking through space.
-Trimmed dialogue aboard the Tantive IV to accommodate the idea that Padmé survives to travel to Alderaan with Leia.
-Replaced Padme's funeral with the deleted scene of Yoda arriving on Dagobah. 
-Padme is seen cradling an infant Leia on Alderaan, using footage from The Other Boleyn Girl, with her eye color corrected by Hundsdorfex. (Idea by 'The Cutter,' also used in Q2's edit.)

Maqs

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever since I saw those 4 deleted scenes I always wanted them included in the movie, Im really glad someone has done it.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
octoroxx said:
This is currently available by PM (on originaltrilogy.com only please)

Original Trilogy has no search function, so there is no practical way to find you (plus not knowing if you are using the same user name or not). Since there was no practical way to find you, I sent you a PM here. Hope that doesn't upset you.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surprise! I made a V2 of this. It’s uploading as we speak and will be available via DM on originaltrilogy.com (username octorox with one "x") and on MySpleen. I will try to be better about responding to DMs in a timely manner, and this may also be available in more places down the line.

Here are the changes from V1:
-The deleted scene in Bail’s Office is moved up by one scene and features new “sunset” color correction to better blend with the surrounding scenes (courtesy of Hal9000)
-The deleted scene in Palpatine’s Office is moved until after Obi-Wan touches down on Utapau, allowing for a less jarring transition.
-There is only a single audio track in this version. Yoda’s communion with Qui-Gon is included but I kept the original Vader scream since this is an Extended Edition and not a fanfix.
-Yoda’s exile to Dagobah is moved up by one scene, before Padme’s funeral. This allows for the original ending and it’s music to play out uninterrupted. (transition courtesy of Siliconmaster482)

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It has just come to my attention that V2 has a significant sync issue. I'm going to pull it for now and will upload a new version when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience everyone.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
octoroxx said:
It has just come to my attention that V2 has a significant sync issue. I'm going to pull it for now and will upload a new version when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience everyone.

You mind PMing me when that happens? Or at least replying to this thread again?

Thanks! Looking forward to checking out V2!

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fixed version has been uploaded and is available the usual way.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi. I tried downloading your P.T. edit files, but the Sith link is dead. Is it available elsewhere?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"CAL0901" 

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
@"CAL0901" 

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

My apologies. Post deleted.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
V3 of this Extended Edition is in the process of uploading with the following changes.

-Improved audio quality due to working with (mostly) lossless or high quality sources and encoding at a higher bitrate.
-The rear surround channels are fixed. Audio should now play properly in all 6 channels.
-The deleted scenes have been swapped out for higher quality AI-upscaled versions by bryantmh
-Using some creative editing, the 3rd “seeds of the rebellion” scene has been integrated at a different point in the film. I was always annoyed by how it broke up Obi-Wan’s escapades and I hope this placement flows a bit better.

I’ll let everyone know when it’s up so you can send me a PM on originaltrilogy.com

MortenS

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very nice Extended Edition. Love the new inserted scenes!

well done.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So while I work on updating my "Another Happy Sanding" edit, I've also been thinking about updating my Extended Edition. I am considering restoring the full 2nd "seeds of rebellion" scene (it was actually trimmed slightly by Hal for his edit. That was the version I used and somehow I never noticed it) as well as moving the 3rd scene in Palpatine's office down to where it is in the shooting script to be more accurate to the original intent. Bobson Dugnutt has a great expanded edition of RoTS but his goal was making a version that's as long as possible so I think there's still a niche for this version to exist alongside it.

DeonStar1234

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What will you be changing with your newer version of another happy sanding and were you planning on making an edit of episode 3 edit with Padme surviving childbirth?

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What will you be changing with your newer version of another happy sanding and were you planning on making an edit of episode 3 edit with Padme surviving childbirth?
The changes so far are in the project thread, nothing too major. I don't plan on making a version where Padme survives since I think Hal 9000's edit covers that base nicely.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, as a first for one of my edits, V4 of the extended edition will also have English subtitles and chapter markers. I don't plan on doing subtitles for my other edits, but this one was a lot easier because there are relatively few changes.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
V4 of the edit with chapter markers and english subtitles is available by PM.

Top Bottom