• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode II.V: The Separatist Conspiracy - A Recut of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever since I was really young, I've always loved Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars mini series that aired between blocks on Cartoon Network in 2003. I was super excited to watch the full thing when it was finally released on DVD but to my dismay its fucking incomprehensible. I still enjoyed it, and it was awesome seeing all these fantastic moments that were just relegated to the opening crawl of Episode 3, but I could entirely enjoy it because of how hard it was to follow. Since it was aired in couple minute segments in between shows, the version on the DVD moves at a ridiculously fast pace, making it almost impossible to follow. And since it was cut up like this, while it was airing, it would flip between the main plot and some little side plots. The problem is that once that is all put together, it ends up jumping all over to different plots every 5 minutes. I had always thought that a simple edit could fix that, but I never thought that I would end up doing it. After being introduced to the world of fan edits by Agent Sam Stanley's legendary Blair Witch 2 recut, and seeing how editing like that can save a film, I decided to have a go at it, and here we are today! Now this movie can finally be the full fledged Episode 2.5 it was always meant to be, bridging the gaps in character development and plot.

Last edited:

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
uSKVoqr.jpg
jkb0Yk2.png

Hello there! So this is my first fan edit I'm submitting so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but here goes.

So for my first fan edit I decided to take one of my favorite shows from my childhood and recut it into a feature length film. That show is Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars. I always loved this show but watching it all at once in the volumes just does not work. It's incredibly disjointed and has terrible pacing and results in quite in unpleasant experience.

The main goal of this edit is to remove the unnecessary plot divergences and turn it into one coherent story. I started by moving Count Dooku's meeting with Ventress from the random spot it was in before to the beginning so that it serves as an opening and an introduction to Palpatine's titular separatist conspiracy. Then the movie plays out basically the same (though with many edits to improve pacing) except I cut out Kit Fisto's little excursion (despite the fact that I am a huge Kit Fisto fan) as well as Luminara's little vignette. I kept the bit with Mace Windu fighting the army and put that in the montage of war stories near the end. The next big change was I removed the entire Nelvaan plot line as it did little for the story and just kept interrupting the assault on Coruscant. Instead of Palpatine sending them on a mission to distract them, they are just too far away to get to Coruscant in time and spend the whole time getting there.

Anyway, I think that's all there is to say. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see this.. I have not watched these in years!

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is now ready for viewing! PM me if you are interested!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've watched through this edit and it is nearly ready to be approved. There are some transitions to smooth out and a slight reworking of the crawl background to merge the visual style of the cartoon with the tradtional crawl opening. Almost there!

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to all the brilliant notes from DigModiFicaTion, the next version of this edit will have TONNES of improvements! (Nothing changing the story, just a big boost in quality) Also! Here's a new poster I've been toying with that I think fits the look of the other prequels posters, as well as another poster that I made using some rare art I found
C5iO4Nq.jpg
7wSbdgu.png

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bb8-approved.png

Congrats @gleem . You've responded and applied every adjustment requested and produced a quality edit for all to enjoy. Keep up the good work and continue to seek feedback and quality checks. Congrats!

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LXWWSoZ.jpg

Here's one last poster! I'll be submitting it to the IFDB once I'm able to but right now it is available for viewing!

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This seems pretty similar to the one ADigitalMan did a while back. What distinguishes your from his?
I wouldn’t really know since I haven’t heard of their edit but I will say that mine features a completely original crawl and new intro sequence that best sets up the story, rearranged scenes that tell the story better, all the story-unimportant filler cut out, and expertly timed pacing replicating the beautiful silence and stillness of Tartakovsky’s other works such as Samurai Jack, and it’s all in HD!

KobeSkywalker

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude, awesome!!! I def liked the series too (though I dug TCW more) but it was all over the place. I can't wait to see this in a logical narrative :)

Top Bottom