• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode II.V: The Clone Wars

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? To make the Clone Wars cartoons feel like part of the Saga and keep them in-line with the ADM editions.

original film name: Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon shorts
film studio name: Lucasfilm
Date Original Film Was Released: various
Date Edit Was Released: 2 JAN 2006
New Runtime: 133 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. Opening credits added in the style of the live-action films. The Fox Fanfare is used, but the Fox logo is replaced with Cartoon Network logos.
2. Star Wars Main title set to a crawl written by yours truly and programmed by our great friend MeBeJedi. It's a little different in that it uses the animated starfield from the background plate of the opening Clone Wars logo, as opposed to a traditional starfield. It was just my little way of preserving the short animated opening in some tiny fashion. The title card is a bit different, and there is no pan down, but a fade out.
3. The sound in Volume 1 is upmixed to surround
4. The final shot of Shaak-Ti is removed, leaving her fate more congruous with what happens in the re-edit of Ep III. We hear Mace say her name without moving his mouth, making it an unspoken thought in his head as he realizes she's been kidnapped.

DVD - Features:

1. 133 minutes NTSC
2. static menu
3. There is a DL version has some bonus making-of stuff not present on the SL edition.

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

To make the Clone Wars cartoons feel like part of the Saga and keep them in-line with the ADM editions.

Time needed for the edition: 2 days

Images

admclonewarscover1imandixob8.jpg

xDeeMx

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I don't suppose there's any way of getting a SL or better yet, an avi of this?

I'd really like to see it.

he-guy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just get the DL version that is available, its worth it. You could always reduce the file size with DVD Shrink or another program. DVD shrink defaults to compressing this video to 60%. If you delete the extras, compression changes to 64%.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@xDeeMx, don't use DVD Shrink. Use DVD Rebuilder (free), which includes HC Enc (free) as an encoder, and keep the extras.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
any chance of finding out what the behind the scenes are that are on the DL disc?

JSJarvis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone still have this edit and would be willing to upload it or send it to me? The files for this seem to be offline and I would like to get this one. Thanks.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I have it on my computer and it's on my list of edits to re-upload eventually. Be patient, I'll get to it.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Long shot here, but does anyone have the edit and is willing to send me a copy?

Top Bottom