• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode II: Shroud of the Dark Side - An Attack of the Clones Fanedit

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a follow-up to my prior comment, I have watched a portion of it. I really like what you did with the use of subtitles that allows the audience to understand that Syfo-Dias was the one who secretly ordered the army with knowledge of the senate. This was a simple, but clever solution to a glaring plot hole.

This is not a criticism against you, but there are still a few plot holes remaining that should be clarified within the movie. If possible, we should get some dialogue from Sidious indicating he secretly approved the clone project previously with senate support. This could possibly be done at the end of the movie while he is talking with Dooku (who also was apparently involved). This would require some sort of voice generating software to replicate the voice of the actor McDiarmid with 1 - 2 extra sentences. I personally would not know how to do this, as this type of editing is far beyond my capabilities.

The other major issue I had was that the jedi were very quick to use the clone army. This makes them look foolish to use a military that they know nothing about. However, some additional dialogue could resolve this. For example, either Yoda or another Jedi could indicate they accepted the use of the clones given their desperate situation with a massive droid army leaving them without much of a choice.

I do know in other movies editors were able to use voice generators and deepfakes in movies. If those could be incorporated into this movie by adding a maximum of 4 extra sentences of additional dialogue, it could close the biggest holes left in the movie.

I have liked what I saw from you so far. Heck, there could be a more simple solution that the ones I mentioned.

DsqrDStudio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a follow-up to my prior comment, I have watched a portion of it. I really like what you did with the use of subtitles that allows the audience to understand that Syfo-Dias was the one who secretly ordered the army with knowledge of the senate. This was a simple, but clever solution to a glaring plot hole.

This is not a criticism against you, but there are still a few plot holes remaining that should be clarified within the movie. If possible, we should get some dialogue from Sidious indicating he secretly approved the clone project previously with senate support. This could possibly be done at the end of the movie while he is talking with Dooku (who also was apparently involved). This would require some sort of voice generating software to replicate the voice of the actor McDiarmid with 1 - 2 extra sentences. I personally would not know how to do this, as this type of editing is far beyond my capabilities.

The other major issue I had was that the jedi were very quick to use the clone army. This makes them look foolish to use a military that they know nothing about. However, some additional dialogue could resolve this. For example, either Yoda or another Jedi could indicate they accepted the use of the clones given their desperate situation with a massive droid army leaving them without much of a choice.

I do know in other movies editors were able to use voice generators and deepfakes in movies. If those could be incorporated into this movie by adding a maximum of 4 extra sentences of additional dialogue, it could close the biggest holes left in the movie.

I have liked what I saw from you so far. Heck, there could be a more simple solution that the ones I mentioned.
Thanks very much for your feedback.

From my perspective, the things you refer to are already in the movie, though they certainly can be confusing. The story takes you from Obi-Wan finding the army that was created at the request of the senate, but the audience learns that Jango was recruited to be the model for the clones by a man called Tyranus. At the end of the movie, we learn that Tyranus is Dooku, who is working with Sideous. So the implication is that Sideous is pulling the army strings. I think this topic is also covered more in The Clone Wars show, though that definitely should not be required viewing to understand the story. A movie's story should stand on its own.

Same thing with the Jedi using the army. Mace Windu's line in the beginning about not having enough Jedi to protect the Republic is meant to setup the Jedi's need for the army. Plus, given that the Jedi learn that the army was commissioned by a small committee of the senate, they can rest assured that all is well and the army is legitimate.

Again, that's just my perspective and it doesn't mean I'm right. As a practical matter, I've looked into AI voice generators for my upcoming Revenge of the Sith edit, but as far as I can tell, there are only two available. They both cost quite a bit of money and also monitor copyrights and rights of publicity, so even if I had the funds I don't think I'd be allowed to replicate Ian McDiarmid's voice for Sideous/Palpatine. Inserting the dialogue would be another challenge, as it requires footage and lip synching. There is software out there to help with that, but it's all rather complicated and requires 3D models of the actors faces. I tried generating a 3D model of Anakin's face because I wanted to improve his lip synch in some places in my edit in which I trimmed his dialogue, but generating the mesh proved too challenging at this point.

The beauty of fanedits is that they can change over time as tech evolves. The first version of this edit that I made did not include any special FX redos. But with time, I was able to come back and fix the things that irked me. So maybe in the future I will be able to make the edits you suggest in a photorealistic way.

Top Bottom