• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode II: Path to the Darkside - The Diamond Cut

I say you make him wait ;)

We want the world and we want it now!

Or at least, a bowl of kibbles. :frog:

You want dog food?

EDIT: I understand now. I forgot Frink's cat picture.

L8wrtr has re-upped the movie so all should be good now. Also thought it should be mentioned that the cut has a "Deleted Scenes" special feature with text commentary. I added it after being inspired with a similar feature on L8wrtr's Ep 1 DVD9 fan edit.

Yep, all showing online.

It appears that the dl link on .info is to the dlc for L8's Son of Jorel edit. It's not the end of the world because I want to see that too. I just wanted to let y'all know.

buddythegoon said:
It appears that the dl link on .info is to the dlc for L8's Son of Jorel edit. It's not the end of the world because I want to see that too. I just wanted to let y'all know.
The .dlc have the right name though. You mean when you downloaded it you found yourself with Superman Son of Jor El edit in place of SW Ep2?

Okay, double checked.
The link is good on the main Info page, but not on the list.
Thx for reporting.
And our apologize to Diamond Daw, We will try to correct that ASAP.

TMBTM said:
Diamond Daw
Who? :p

Cutlist is also now available, for anyone who missed it.

"Wan", indeed, fucking keyboard... or fingers... or brain..
thx frink. :)

thanks for fixing! Frink - should I submit your cutlist to admins for posting or do you handle that?

I handle it. With the admin team change, it hasn't been done recently, but I just brought the subject up earlier today with one of the new team...

btw, you'll notice that I removed any reference to ADM in your cutlist. I think it's great that you credit ADM, but I feel like your edit stands on its own and that's how I approached the cutlist.

Cool - thanks Frink
TV's Frink said:
I handle it. With the admin team change, it hasn't been done recently, but I just brought the subject up earlier today with one of the new team...

btw, you'll notice that I removed any reference to ADM in your cutlist. I think it's great that you credit ADM, but I feel like your edit stands on its own and that's how I approached the cutlist.

My kids want to watch Star Wars for the first time, so I'm looking for tolerable versions of Episode I and Episode II that I can show them without wincing. I like the limited approach of Diamond Wan's version of Episode II, but I can't find it ANYWHERE. Is this movie still posted somewhere? Thanks!

Neglify said:
Looks like it's MIA. I say go with The Republic Divided.

Thanks for the recommendation, L8WRTR's version gets great reviews, but it cuts out a THIRD of the movie (46 minutes)! If I'm going to ditch that much of the movie, I could show them the Phantom Editor's version (38 minutes cut) -- which I already have -- or Spence's version (41 minutes cut).

I liked Diamond Wan's more careful approach to trimming dialogue and "junk" while preserving most of the movie (16 minutes cut).

My second choice would probably be The Gathering Storm by Slumberland (25 minutes cut), but I can't find it either. I have a torrent, but there's no one online with one to share.

Father Merrin's Shadow of the Emperor looked interesting (18 minutes cut), but it's also MIA, and I can't find much information about what exactly was and wasn't cut.

That leaves me with The Clone War by MagnoliaFan (12 minutes cut), but I prefer to have JarJar speaking English (or his pidgin) rather than subtitled, just to maintain continuity with The Phantom Edit.

It certainly says something, though, that when you rank the Episode II edits by amount of material cut, the highest ratings go to the edits that cut the most (The Phantom Editor's, L8WRTR's, and Spence's). I don't remember hating Episode II as much as Episode I, but I think that's because Ep1 set my expectations SO LOW that the disappointment of Ep2 was more tolerable. Heck, I saw Ep2 at the matinee a month after it came out, versus standing in line on opening night and paying full price for Ep1. In reviewing these edits, I'm reminded of just how BITCHY Aniken was in Ep2, and just how CONDESCENDING Obi-Wan was to him. With a relationship like that, it's no wonder Aniken switched sides.

The Diamond Cut is an enjoyable edit and definitely worth watching once it becomes available again, and it will become available again.

I would still recommend however that after you've watched the Diamond Cut give some of those other, shorter edits a watch, and not just because mine is one of them :). One thing I find really interesting about PT edits is that there are so many ways to interpret the material, so many ways to try and modify it. Even if they don't become your go-to version, it's interesting to see what other interpretations are out there.

My personal rule is that amount of time cut is rarely a good barometer of whether an edit is worth giving a spin or not. I never use run-time as a gauge when I see a new movie (outside of scheduling time), so I don't use it when considering a fanedit. That is of course my personal approach, your mileage may vary :)

Unfortunately Attack of the Clones is so bad I don't think any edit will be good enough to make me want to watch it again. The closest for me are L8wrtrs' and Spence's but even those I can barely get myself to watch. Maybe Seciors can somehow pull it off.

---

stretch009 said:
Unfortunately Attack of the Clones is so bad I don't think any edit will be good enough to make me want to watch it again.
Just you wait. ;)

Back
Top Bottom