• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode II - Army of the Republic

Thank you [MENTION=6416]white43[/MENTION] for both watching this edit and providing such a nice review!

as with my ROTS edit, you astutely pointed out and appreciated my main goals for this edit, which were to make the love story convincing and to greatly simplify the plot so that Dooku is the main villain throughout and to remove red herrings like the Sifo-Dyas stuff.

as for your (valid) criticisms, a couple things come to mind.

first, with regards to moments where you noticed less than perfect transitions, this is obviously due to the level of my editing skills at the time (combined with the fact that making an 87 minute long episode II edit requires lots of cuts!). Whenever I get to a v2 of this release, I assume that I will be able to address these issues.

second, with regards to some scenes almost everyone does not use (diner, younglings) - I could see possibly cutting the diner scene in a v2 (seeing how it is universally despised) but I feel strongly about keeping the Yoda teaching the younglings scene, because it resonates on many levels with the OT (IMO), and it contains a critical plot point where Yoda confirms only a Jedi could tamper with the archives. In my edit, I need to close that mystery by making that Jedi be Dooku, in order to simplify the plot as a whole. Whenever I do make a v2, I will certainly think through this scene and perhaps make it shorter if possible.

finally, I have to say that I personally find episode II to be the worst of all the episodes, and is almost impossible to "fix" - there is no way it can be as enjoyable as ROTS because the writing is so horrible. I have aimed to make my episode II as palatable as possible, but above all else to ensure I have created a believable romance between Anakin and padme, as well as sew the seeds for Anakin's future downfall via his mothers death.

And yes, I definitely will be taking on episode III! It might be a while before it gets released, but I hope to make it worth the wait! :)

again, thanks so much for your thoughtful review and for watching this edit in the first place - I greatly appreciate it!

Apologies if this has been addressed before, and I'm sure it has...but that youngling scene makes Obi-wan look like an idiot.

Agreed. I'd much prefer to see Obi-Wan trust the Force, like he always tells Anakin to do. Head on out to those coordinates and see what he can find.

This has been addressed before. My only additional point is that if we used the idiocy of the Jedi as criteria for keeping a scene in the PT, I doubt there would be many scenes left. ;)

i have my reasons for keeping the younglings scene, already explained so I won't do it again. It connects directly to the overall simplification of the entire plot.

Plus, Obi-wan redeems himself in the next scene when he is leaving for kamino by explicitly figuring out that it was Dooku who erased the archive material.

I'm with seciors. Unlike Frink, I haven't seen every episode 2 edit, but I still feel like a certain Obi-Wan doofusness is unavoidable if you want to make Ep 2 a borderline watchable film. MagnoliaFan kept all the Obi doofus scenes (I think? I can't access the cutlists to check), and his is probably still my favourite Ep 2 edit.

The cutlists were on my RS account which has long been unused. I still have the files so I suppose I could reupload to Megashares if anyone really wanted them, but it doesn't seem worth the bother unless I have a specific request.

Wouldn't Dropbox be better (and more stable) for these kind of small-ish files? If you're not a fan of Dropbox, I can host them for you.

Or I could convert the spreadsheets to Google Drive format. That would make it possible to collaborate, if you're open to that notion.

Maybe, if there's demand. So far there hasn't been.

Anyway, back to topic.

Back
Top Bottom