• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (by catferoze)

catferoze

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

Next on my completed edits list are the Star Wars prequels. It's a lighter edit than most I've seen, removing only the worst of Jar Jar's antics and Annie's acting. I never thought I'd be confident enough to attempt editing a Star War, but I finally did it. As I found my appreciation for the prequels growing over the years, I realized I didn't really want to remove as much as most of the edits I'd seen. Ebumms prequel edits almost hit the spot for me, but I wanted just a few more moments trimmed out.

Cutlist:
-sources: 35mm Czech Scan English Reconstruction Regraded v1.0 by Flash, Ultimate Edition soundtrack
-trim Neimoidians ("Are you brain dead?")
-trim Jar Jar dialogue ("oh muy muy I love you","my forgotten, da bosses...goin back dare",mute jar jar dive yell,"yousa follow me now okeyday?")
-trim Otah Gunga ("big doodoo...how wude","count me outta dis...wutta mesa sayin?")
-trim planet core ("dis is nutsin" replaced with later shot "the force will guide us")
-Jar Jar "meesa cozen mebe...den banished"
-second planet core sequence
-trim Qui-Gon with the battle droid ("where are you taking them? to coruscant","that doesn't compute uh wait")
-Jar Jar with droids ("how wude")
-queen thanking R2-D2 by name ("what is its number...your highness")
-Jar Jar stepping in poop ("disen berry bad...icky goo")
-trim Jar Jar in Watto's shop (tongue at Qui-Gon, messing with droids...Ani:"hit the nose",juggling junk)
-trim Jar Jar/Sebulba confrontation (Ani:"your buddy...orange goo","mesa haten crunchen...last ting mesa want")
-trim dinner scene (start scene at padme:"i can't believe there's still slavery")
-Ani's friends gather round podracer..."gonna be bug squash"
-jar jar's numb tongue ("if your hand gets caught...I'm stuck","my mouth...tongue is fat","thank you...go")
-animal farting in Jar Jar's face
-“mesa no watchin”,"come on Ani"
-announcer:"I don't care...that's gotta hurt"
-"amazing! a quick control...did he crashid?"
-announcer:"crowd going nuts" & little dance
-trim Ani reaction to being free "you mean I get to come with..."
-Jar Jar antics during battle (sling attempt, droid stuck to foot, "dis is nutsin","uh oh big boomers")
-Ani:"it's on autopilot" (moved preceding Padme "let's go" shot over prior reaction shot),"try to override it", replace:"that's where auto pilot taking us" with sfx,"R2 get us off autopilot...let's go left","oops"

runtime: 126 minutes
time cut: 6 minutes

Last edited:

catferoze

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I updated this edit with a new source. The current version (v2) of this edit uses Flash's English Reconstruction Regraded v1 of the 35mm Czech Scan. I prefer the look of this version over the Bluray or the HDTV preservation. I had to redo the edits as there are differences between the theatrical and bluray versions, and I think a few missing frames on the 35mm scan at the reel changes. I'll have to watch through to make sure, but I think I've managed to slightly improve a few transitions as well.

Top Bottom