• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Episode I - Return of the Sith

That is some great feedback on your choices - thanks. I can definitely live with your edits, as I said. I prefer this one overall to SOS and the original. The ending is way less obnoxious. I guess the guest appearance of Jabba could really be fixed for me by removing his starting the race by spitting a frog at a gong.

To me, you actually rectified most of the Jar Jar problem with the exception that I think his conversation with Padme as she cleaned R2 was probably unnecessary (she took the handmaiden disguise all the way). I think your intent was to intro the fact that he is Gungan and that they have a "Grand Army."

I can definitely get on board with not revealing Sidious until much later.

Hopefully, I will be able to start downloading more of the edits on this site as I learn how things work. I look forward to reviewing other edits in the future.

Fanedit said:
To me, you actually rectified most of the Jar Jar problem with the exception that I think his conversation with Padme as she cleaned R2 was probably unnecessary (she took the handmaiden disguise all the way). I think your intent was to intro the fact that he is Gungan and that they have a "Grand Army."

Actually the only reason I include that scene (and it *is* cut down from the original) is to give some reason as to why Jar-Jar is there at all...since I did cut the visit to the underwater city and there is really no explanation as to why Jar-Jar tags along. But yes, it also lets us know he is a "gungan" which helps to explain later when he reveals to padme (waiting in palpatine's office) that they have a "grand army" (which is key to padme's plans to take back her planet).

I kinda agree on the Jabba appearance. I didn't particularly ENJOY seeing him in Ep1 (and I think the appearance was pretty badly done), but it's absolutely warranted by the plot and not fanservice. Why WOULDN'T a dick like Jabba want to see a savage contest on his own home planet? This is very different from his appearance in the Ep4 SE (which does the plot an obvious disservice and makes him look ridiculous instead of an unknown menace). Or Boba Fett's appearance in Ep6 (which is similar to Jabba's in Ep4, imo). Or the Young Greedo scene (although that is more unnecessary than destructive).

If you cut Jabba, you lose nothing relevant to the plot.

Why hasn't this made it to the Star Wars Hall of Fame page yet? It more than meets the criteria to make it there. It definitely belongs there and is much better than most of the other Phantom Menace edits on that page.

Looks like it got lost in the shuffle. Good eye Stretch.

Wow, I never expected this! Thanks so much to all the people who have taken the time to watch my first submitted fanedit, and to take further time to review it.

I am just trying to finish a few side projects before getting back to episode 2 to wrap that one up.

Thanks for the heads up. Will add this fanedit on the SW greatest list soon.
That said, the admins talked for some times to change the rules of those greatest pages.
They are now filled with fanedits and we think the purpose of a greatest fanedits page is to only present the very few best.
Not saying this edit could not end as one of those very best. But the rules could change during next year.
just saying this for it could be a letdown for faneditors to see their fanedits removed from this page in the months to come when they just entered it.

I do agree there are a lot of edits in the hall of fame. That's fine if mine ends up being removed later. I'm just happy to have had people watch and enjoy my edit! :)

It would be a shame if the best TPM edit ever (Seciors') was removed from that page. :-(

The entire concept of 'Best-Ever' is what is being reconsidered. The purpose of the page is to highlight the absolute best that the site has to offer, so if Return of the Sith is one of those, it will ultimately end up where it belongs. The difficulty that we are running into is that we have plans which should ultimately replace the pages, however the process of implementing the new system is taking a very long time to implement, and all the while new edits are getting added to this list which may or may not be in this grouping down the road. The question we are thus facing is do we continue adding edits to this list knowing that it is ultimately going away in this current form.

FYI - my edit was hosted on the now defunct MU. I am working on finding a new host, but it will take a little bit of time. Also, I will take this opportunity to fix the spelling error in the crawl. :oops:

I'll let everyone know when it is back online, and until we have a public location for the .dlc file, people can PM me. Please wait though until I've announced I have it back online!

I've re-uploaded my edit to fileserve.com and the DLC links should appear on the .info site shortly. Prior to that, feel free to PM me for the link(s). I have DVD_SL and MP4 versions available.

Changes from the original:
* fixed spelling mistake in opening crawl (rebelious --> rebellious)
* fixed 5.1 audio mix issue during first ~6 minutes where right channel was sent to the center channel (leaving the right channel silent!)

I've heard fileserve is a pain to use for non-premium members, so I've also uploaded to mediafire.

PM me for the DLCs if you want them before they show up on the .info page.

Best. Episode I edit. Ever.

Congratulations Seciors, and thank you! Finally can burn one to put on my shelf, and put the original in the basement where it belongs :)

Thanks for the high praise topaz and stretch! It is much appreciated, and motivating as well.

I will get to a HD release as soon as I can, but I do really want to get my episode 2 released at least as a workprint first.

I'm actually not even sure what formats HD releases should come in from the official fanedit site perspective. Anyone know or even better is there a guide out there?

There is no standard. It used to be that the most common HD used by editors on the site was AVCHD on DVD disks at 720p and the very rare sighting of Blu Ray. However Blu Ray edits are growing more and more common. Also AVCHD is not a universal format for all BD players and is more difficult for Mac editors to create.

Hi L8,
I just saw you are releasing your edits in HD - awesome trailer, by the way! So what format are you going to release them in? (sorry if this info is in your thread...I just haven't had time to be following any threads here lately....)

Back
Top Bottom