• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode I: A Vergence In The Force

bat-fink

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, Im totally brand spanking new here so may get a little lost. I just finnished watching the Adigitalman editions of the prequels and have to say im well impressed. Iv been trying to get together for about 2 years now to re edit them myself but lacked the knowledge and software to use. Im actually a pretty good editor, i even made a full animated short movie using Adobe Premiere and photoshop, but even using Win-avi i couldnt seem to capture a dvd source.

So to my amazement on torrentspy i found Adigitalmans excellent dvd quality versions that for the most part satisfyed my urge to edit them. Love the Yoda landing on Dagobah ending with Qui gon voiceover.

Anyways, without showing disrespect, there were some things i still wanted to remove. Heres my suggestions to anyone that feels like trying it out....

Phantom menace (the worst offender) Firstly, wherever you see Jar Jar and need him in the shot, i would Dubb a new voiceover on all his dialogue, maybe even like Greedo speak and Sub it. I would also, cut from where Jar Jar meets Obi and Qui-gon, and have him take him directly to Theed in the submarine, deleting all of the gungan city and the offensive Boss nass. Also would be deleted would be the end where Boss nass befriends the queen etc...

The Anakin line "Are you an Angel?" line has definately got to go too.

C3P0's line "i cant see where am i?" line when Anakin shows him to Padme
i would replace with "Oh my eye" from ROTJ, where salacious crumb is pulling it out. Also the way Jar Jar enters the water sommersaulting would be cut too at the underwater scene. This would mean that where he tells Obi Wan and Qui Gon about him being banished etc would needed to be changed in the Dub, And have him just Say something like I will take you to theed or something along those lines.

Also i wanted to Bluescreen out the Pod race commentator with a better looking animated puppet and Dub over his voice with something a little more Alien. ...................................

Attack of the clones. I loved Adigitalmans version of this, Especially the saberdart. There is only one thing added that i wasnt keen on. The dream shot of Anakins mother, although the shot was needed, i didnt like how it was edited in. I think it needed to be shown once and blended in better, also, by superimposing a Nebula type halo lifted from any number of space films, you could make something that more closely resembles the Padme nightmares. Also, Id have trimmed a few more annoying dialogue shots from the Obi wan/Boba/jango fet asteroid chase...eg... "giddum dad, fire fire." And "blast, this is why i hate flying!" Glad to see you put the Padme/Anakin scenes back in. The more time put in with out them bickering the better because frankly he was too creepy for her to fancy him the way it was before. Is there a way of Loudening the Sisemic charges too? Theyre not quiet but its just my favourite noise ever!!! And i cant get my speakers any louder!!! hahaha.

Revenge of the sith. My fave of the adigitalman edits, Excellent especially the yoda/qui gon stuff, should get an oscar for even thinking of it. Id have liked to have seen the Mustach/eyebrow fondeling at the death of shaak ti removed and just have them drill through the floor after she is killed. Also trim off the clibing up the shaft area, as the actors safety harnesses can be seen.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions etc... Hopefully Digitalman sees them and makes another cut, And truly, thankyou for improving these films! I owe you several beers.

I got a little lost with this site, but tthanks Boon23 for suggesting i repost this here. :?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice reviews, thanks bat-fink.

bat-fink

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers boon23, Hey can anyone point me in the right direction of what i need to edit a dvd and retain the dvd quality like adigitalmans, i want to have a crack at it myself.

So far software wise, i have Adobe premiere, photoshop, win-avi, Nero, dvd shrink.

Are any of these much use to me? I edited a movie i made in DV video(from a cam) and put sfx over it using photoshop. Thats all i know really.

Any instructions going about?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
go over to the "how to.." section of the forum.... all kinds of tutorials in there. even one by ADigitalMan himself.

Ashram316

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone done a cut of Ep3 that removes the naming of the twins? What about Organa's lines explaining Leia's fate?

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My film has the birth scene edited slightly, but they're still named.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? This improves Epsiode One a lot and is widely considered to be one of the best edits for the Phantom Menace around.

original film name: Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
film studio name: Lucasfilm
Date Original Film Was Released: 19 MAY 1999
Date Edit Was Released: 23 MAY 2005
Original Runtime: 133 minutes
New Runtime: 129 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 4 minutes cut
Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. New episode name "A Vergence in the Force"
2. New crawl (Thanks to Darth Editous!!!)
3. References to Amidala being an elected Queen of Naboo have been removed. Amidala is simply a young queen of a democratic constitutional monarchy, much like Great Britain's government.
4. Jar-Jar's slapstick has been largely removed throughout the movie
5. Anakin's childishness has largely been removed throughout the movie
6. Boss Nass' strange tics have been removed
7. There are no fart jokes or poop jokes
8. No friggin' midichlorians.
9. Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
* Waterfall sequence
* Dawn before the race
* Extended Lap 2
* Anakin fighting Greedo
* Probe Droid following Qui-Gon and Anakin out of town - Earlier probe sequence was shifted here as well
10. Some extraneous bits of the Podrace sequence were removed.
11. Music added behind the podrace to heighten the tension.
12. Ask Aak's line is now in Malastarian and subtitled to match his lines in Episode II.
13. Jar Jar is not made a General. He simply fights alongside his fellow Gungans.
14. A significant piece of the Gungan battle is removed due to Jar Jar's antics. It is edited seamlessly without detriment to the story.
15. Anakin's ship is not on autopilot as he goes of to destroy the control ship. All all of his actions are deliberate.

DVD - Features:

1. 129 minutes NTSC
2. static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

Simply put: To make the Prequels better

Time needed for the edition: 10 days

ADM_SW1_Vengence_3D2.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now available on Megashares, via info.

Top Bottom