• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode 4-6 Despecialized Editions by Harmy

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just heads up that a few minor issues were discovered with the BD25 and 50 for ESB, so I've fixed them and am currently re-uploading.

Fixes:
- two spelling errors on one of the chapter menus
- DTS audio replaced with DTS-HD-MA
- Minor formatting fixes
- Replaced Atari commercial with a higher quality version
- Added Vivaldi teaser trailer.

PM me if interested.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Just heads up that a few minor issues were discovered with the BD25 and 50 for ESB, so I've fixed them and am currently re-uploading.

Awesome. Let us know when they are ready.

I got by 4-way BR cases in the post and printed off my artwork and assembled my ultimate SW'77 package. It's looking great on my shelf and the menus look great on my TV. Thanks again.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The ESB-DE 50GB v2 bluray is now available. Send me a PM if you would like directions.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had a play around with the burned off 50GB ESB and as with Star Wars, the menus look great. Thanks njvc.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone over at on the ot.com boards let me know there was a sync issue with the Building Empire documentary, so I've fixed that up and reuploaded the ESB Documentaries BD25. PM me if you'd like the links.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Someone over at on the ot.com boards let me know there was a sync issue with the Building Empire documentary, so I've fixed that up and reuploaded the ESB Documentaries BD25. PM me if you'd like the links.

Hey njvc, I PM'd you about a week ago and never heard anything. I thought maybe my inbox was full so I cleared it out. Thanks!

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PM sent, sorry about that Moe.

Centurion

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching Star Wars IV - A New Hope is a real treat. The despecialized version looks great, and the custom made menu is beautiful. The amount of work that has gone in restoring these films is truly amazing. Thank you very much!

SPIDERX

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey NJVC, I learned of harmy's despecialized edition on Reddit, looked up how to get it, and stumbled upon your blog about your Bluray versions and got stoked! I shot you an PM, so hopefully you get it. I really want to check it out as I've read nothing but awesome things about it.

bcbane

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What software do you use to create your blurays? They are so professional

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bcbane said:
What software do you use to create your blurays? They are so professional

@njvc hasn't been around in a while, but I know that he uses Adobe Encore to build his BD menus etc.. Adobe doesn't actually sell it anymore, but if buy older versions of the suite it comes with Premier, or if you use the subscription service to their new suite, you can still download it (requires a few hoops to jump through).

I haven't used it yet, but word is that it's very fussy to work with, but once you get it to work, the results speak for themselves.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There were lots of format options (thanks @"njvc"!) but not so many cover options, depending on which disc configuration you went with. So, I cranked out a space-saver 6-disc case, loosely based on Harmy's "official" artwork. This is made to hold the 25GB movie and bonus feature discs for each film. (I didn't bother with the documentaries discs, since I already have those on DVD). In case anyone else went that route, here you go

DOWNLOAD COVER HERE
harmy_6disc_throwgncpr_3D_zpsxt8wprjs.jpg~original

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very noss cover, throw.

Especially like the highway patrol (VHP) mirrored sunglasses effect.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks ssj, but I can't take credit for the CHiPS cover. The artist Christian Waggoner did that, and has done a lot of great Star Wars paintings. Whoever did the "official" covers for Harmy also used this piece, so I carried it over.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is the age of trump, so i'll ignore the facts and give you credit anyway. :D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those looking for njvc's discs, I have some exciting news.  With njvc's permission, I've been working with an OT.com member to reupload these to MEGA.  I've uploaded to my free account (5GB at a time!) and he's then transferred them to his paid account.  I'll have links available for the following:

ANH 50GB movie + extras
ANH 25GB bonus documentaries
ESB 50GB movie + extras
ESB 25GB bonus documentaries
ROTJ 50GB movie + extras
ROTJ 50GB bonus documentaries + bonus Trilogy documentaries

I do not know how long these will remain up, it could be as short as 10-12 days or it could be as long as 6 weeks.  If you want them, I recommend you grab them ASAP.

PM me for links.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently some files are offline, so I'll need to reupload those.  Will be working on that as time allows.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All files are now available.

Per the host account, you have until August 18th to download.  PM me for links.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Apparently some files are offline, so I'll need to reupload those.  Will be working on that as time allows.

We found some more missing files so will be reuploading those tonight.  Stay tuned.

Top Bottom