• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode 4-6 Despecialized Editions by Harmy

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe I'm missing it, but do you have disc art available for the BD25?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used DrrnHarr's blu-ray cover made for the GOUT discs and tweaked it a little bit for my collection:

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice one cuddlyninja.

Thanks to the fine people over at ot.com, I've been given the lossless source for SW-D v2.7, so I'll be updating that disk shortly with superior video, and a couple of minor additions/tweaks to the the audio and features set. Should be ready in a few days time.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just wanted to thank you on here, njvc. You did a fantastic job putting these together and I'm loving listening to all these commentary tracks. I really appreciate your hard work.

One thing I wanted to ask: is there any way to buy the Canon podcast outside of subscribing to Howl?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Thanks to the fine people over at ot.com, I've been given the lossless source for SW-D v2.7, so I'll be updating that disk shortly with superior video

Compared to just re-muxing the existing mkv, how does this help boost quality? I'm not an expert on Blu-Ray authoring, I'm just curious.

njvc said:
and a couple of minor additions/tweaks to the the audio and features set. Should be ready in a few days time.

The Isolated score is one the greatest things about watching the Harmy versions for me. So IMHO it's a real shame you've dropped it from your otherwise fantastic ANH disc. Any chance this can be added in while you're at it? The ESB and ROTJ discs look spot on btw.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Big thanks to njvc for putting this together (and also you-know-who-you-are).  Last night we watched the first 30 minutes of ANH, all the ANH special features, and started in on the ESB special features.  I'm really looking forward to the commentaries as well.  I think my wife's favorite thing of all was the use of the classic trailers on the main menus.

Excellent work!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By the way, who did the comparison video?  That was new to me and I loved it. :)

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the feedback guys. So there's been some progress and development. I've been reworking this one to try and make it as great as I can, and have ultimately decided to release 4 disks for each film. The disks I have already released can be considered the Beta versions, as these new ones will be much more comprehensive. I'll list everything in detail after tomorrow, once I have a chance to review the 50GB version, but this is what to expect:

1) 25GB film only version (includes motion menus, chapters, 24 audio tracks and 32 subtitle tracks)
2) 25GB Special features disk (huge list of features, to be detailed soon.)
3) 50GB disk (includes everything on disk 1 and 2, plus 11 audio commentaries)
4) 25GB Documentaries disk, featuring Jamie Benning's Star Wars Begins, Making of Star Wars (1977), Empire of Dreams part I

I'll be releasing an equivalent set for Empire and Jedi over the coming weeks. The Star Wars set is almost done, but will take me a few day to upload. 

@thecuddlyninja,  subscribing to Howl is the only way to buy the canon podcast. So it will cost $5 to 'purchase' one month. I highly recommend some of the other shows on Howl though, including "The Franchise", which goes in depth on each of the 6 SW movies in the wake of Episode 7, featuring guests like Topher Grace and Seth Green, as well as the Rebel Force Radio crew. Well worth a listen.

@TM2YC, it wouldn't improve quality over the MKV, but would over my re-encoded MPEG2, which is the only one I could get Adobe Encore to accept. It was very frustrating, but thankfully I have learned how to use multiAVCHD and was able to mux in the original .h264 file and DTS audio tracks (which Encore also rejected) into the existing menu structure/button setup, as well as a total of 32 audio and 32 subtitles (as opposed to Encore's enforced limit of 8 and 16. There has been an awakening... Hence the 4 disk release! I've gone a bit mad...) p.s. Audio only for star wars is back in in the new version...

@TVs Frink, great you're enjoying it! Hang tight for the new version, it will be worth it.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Awesome!! Thanks for all the effort to make such a great presentation.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Already mentioned on ot.com but I am super stoked for the new versions.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are the full details for the upcoming release of my SW-D v2.7 release (and apologies for the long post...)

Each film will be released over 4 seperate bluray disks.
1) 25GB Film only (24 audio options, 32 subtitles)
2) 25GB Special Features disk
3) 50GB Film + Special features disk (32 audio options, 32 subtitles)
4) 25GB Bonus Documentaries disk.

Option 1 and 2 are for people who only want the film, or who cannot download/burn 50GB disks. But for those who can, I recommend option 3 and 4. That's what I'll have on my shelf!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAR WARS

1) FILM ONLY (25GB)
- motion menus
- chapters menu
- audio/subtitles menu
VIDEO: 1280x720p H264 23.976 fps (remuxed from the official MKV)
AUDIO:
5.1 DTS-HD-MA [English] (1977 70mm six track mix)
2.0 DTS-HD-MA [English] (1977 35mm stereo mix)
1.0 DTS-HD-MA [English] (1977 35mm mono mix)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (1985 Laserdisc mix)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (1993 Laserdisc mix)
2.0 Dolby Digital [German] (1978 dub reconstruction)
2.0 Dolby Digital [French] (1977 dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Spanish] (1977 Castilian dub)
1.0 Dolby Digital [Spanish] (1980 Latino dub)
1.0 Dolby Digital [Portuguese] (1980s Brazilian dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Japanese] (1978 Dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Italian] (1977 dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Polish] (1995 Voiceover)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Czech] (1992 dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Hungarian] (1984 dub)
1.0 Dolby Digital [Russian] (recut SE dub)
1.0 Dolby Digital [Russian] (1980’s voiceover)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Ukranian] (recut SE dub)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (1993 LD Audio Commentary - silence filled with 1993 LD 2.0)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (2004 DVD Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (2004 starwars.com Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (2011 BD Archival Interviews Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
2.0 Dolby Digital [Isolated Score]
2.0 Dolby Digital [English] (Commentary For Visually Impaired)

SUBTITLES: (All subtitles are .sup files from Project Threepio v9.2)
English, English SDH, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindu, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

2) SPECIAL FEATURES DISK (25GB)
- ‘Introducing the Despecialized Edition and its Sources’ – 20 mins
- All changes to Star Wars since 1977 Comparison Video – 25 mins
- Cast Interviews (1977)
     Mark Hamill – BBC
     Alec Guinness – Parkinson
     Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hammill – The Mike Douglas Show
     Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hammill – On set interviews
- Deleted Scenes/Bloopers
     All deleted scenes, including the original cut of the Cantina scene, and blooper reel.
- Trailers/Tv Spots
     Teaser Trailer, Theatrical Trailer, Re-Release Trailer, Honest Trailer (2016), 17 x 30 second TV Spots
- Cultural Impact
     How Star Wars should have ended
     Robot Chicken: All episode 4 clips edited together in chronological order
     Family Guy: Blue Harvest TV special
     Bad Lip Reading
     Half in the Bag: George Lucas/Star Wars discussion episode
- Reviews
     Hello Greedo (Despecialized edition + Film review)
     Jeremy Jahns (Despecialized edition + Film review)
     Chris Stuckmann (Film review only)

3) FILM + SPECIAL FEATURES (50GB)
Includes everything on both 25GB disks, plus 8 more audio options, including:
- 2.0 Dolby Digital [Thai] (recut SE dub)
- 2.0 Dolby Digital [Navajo] (recut from 2014 SE dub)
- ‘The Canon’ Podcast Commentary - Devin Faraci & Amy Nicholson (2016) (recut to fit)
- Red Letter Media – Mr. Plinkett (2012) (recut to fit)
- Rebel Force Radio Commentary (2014) (recut to fit)
- Collider Commentary (2016) (recut to fit)
- ‘Steele Wars’ Podcast - Live Comedy Commentary (2015) (recut to fit)
- Rifftrax Comedy Commentary (2011) (recut to fit)

4) BONUS DOCUMENTARIES DISK (25GB)
- Jamie Benning's 'Star Wars Begins' Filmumentary (2hrs20mins)
- Making of Star Wars (1977) (49 mins)
- Empire of Dreams - Part I (60 mins)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seriously nice work on this. That's an incredible list of specs and bonuses.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you. It's been enjoyable to put together. I'm going to add Harmy's recent interview with the BBC as one last feature then upload this weekend.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my mind be blown by your efforts, naturally juicy viet cong!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
best-thing-ever.jpg.gif

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
She looks like she's about to try swallowing someone's soul.

Top Bottom