• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode 4-6 Despecialized Editions by Harmy

Anarchemist

Reaction score
Trophy Points
***Moderator Note***

This thread has been re-purposed to be nothing more than a place for information and discussion of Harmy's Despecialized versions of the Star Wars Original Trilogy. The original post is no longer available. Ironic, no?

For more information on these preservations, please visit the following threads on originaltrilogy.com:

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Do not ask how to get these preservations in this thread. Any such questions will be deleted. Instead, follow the originaltrilogy.com links above.

***End Moderator Note***

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION] - It may not be my place to say but....... Loose the link in your first post (major rule break).:-o

Anarchemist

Reaction score
Trophy Points
?? Huh? I thought it was "news" to find a Star Wars edit available online, that is not listed, available or reviewed here on Fanedit

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No. no. no. read the rules. NO LINKS!!!! delete the post before a mod does it for you.

Anarchemist

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sgp1428 said:
Anarchemist - It may not be my place to say but....... Loose the link in your first post (major rule break).:-o

THANKS!!! My mistake. I was trying to link to the info not the download. It was TOTALLY your place to say! thank you for pointing it out! Sorry

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also Harmy's Despecialized OT is a well known edit (and distinct from Adywan's). If I were you, I'd simply delete this entire thread and save yourself some headaches.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
shouldn't the thread title be "Star Wars Episode 4-6 Despecialized Edition" ?
i got all excited until i got in here.

Anarchemist

Reaction score
Trophy Points
baileym43 said:
shouldn't the thread title be "Star Wars Episode 4-6 Despecialized Edition" ?
i got all excited until i got in here.

I cut and pasted the title exactly as it appears on the site where it available for download. I agree though, this is the original trilogy, therefore episodes 4, 5 and 6

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is soooooooooooooo much wrong with this thread. Brb.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, normalcy restored. Thread title has been changed. First post deleted and replaced with the following:

Anarchemist said:
***Moderator Note***

This thread has been re-purposed to be nothing more than a place for information and discussion of Harmy's Despecialized versions of the Star Wars Original Trilogy. The original post is no longer available. Ironic, no?

For more information on these preservations, please visit the following threads on originaltrilogy.com:

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

***End Moderator Note***

The posting of the links was against the rules, but since it was an accident and also fixed before I even saw it, no discipline is needed. But please, [MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION], be more careful next time.

Harmy's works are technically preservations, so I've moved the thread there.

Finally, as pointed out, this isn't new information, but since we don't have a thread covering this topic, this thread will do.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, thanks Frink.
Since this is now a thread about Harmy's edits -
Can someone explain the differences between Adywan's Star Wars Revisited and Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Ah, thanks Frink.
Can someone explain the differences between Adywan's Star Wars Revisited and Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized?
As I understand it, Harmy's intention was to create pristine versions of the OT as they existed in the theatre. Adywan's intention was to create special editions "done right." Both are awesome and worth owning.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Basically, yes.

Just one more note, I don't want any "how do I get these?" posts in this thread. If you don't know how to get these, read the originaltrilogy.com links I posted.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:

Short version:

Adywan - Made a truer "Special Edition", cleaning up the colors/overall look, fixing FX shots, re-editing a couple scenes to fix mistakes etc, giving Chewie a medal, various audio fixes, etc. See the IFDB page for a comprehensive list of changes. Also he has a neat PDF in the DVD-ROM file for the DVD, showing the visual changes. Here are two examples. Source (AFAIK) was the 2004 DVD.

Harmy - Used multiple sources to recreate the 1977 theatrical experience without it looking and sounding like ass. There's no re-editing, no fixing FX shots, but lots of color correction and editing different sources together.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's like a "special" spectrum and the special edition is in the middle, while despecialized and revisited are at opposite ends. One removed the "special" and the other enhanced it. Pretty great that both exist. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan but I appreciate it as a series of films and a social phenomenon. For me, Harmy's version comes out on top because it's already completed, but you can't discount Adywan's stuff. Maybe the two keep each other in balance?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Ah, thanks Frink.

Other people already explained what Adywan's Revisited is this in this thread, but maybe one could be confuzed because Adywan also released color corrected versions of the original cuts of ANH and ESB. (I guess using the 2006 original cut letterboxed DVD, resized, for the shots that needed replacement?).
The goal of Harmy was to offer the original cuts in as much high def as possible.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never seen Harmy here.
Any chance of luring him, if only to add his preservations to FEDB (and get FE reviews)?

Top Bottom