Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) 2020 Awards are here.
Check the previous page of this thread, I've listed everything in detail.
But to be clear, the film is exactly the same file as the official MKV v2.7 remuxed here on both the 25gb and 50gb disks but the extra commentaries are only available on the 50gb disk, and you have all the features via menu too.
I've re-read the last page and it doesn't seem to answer my question. e.g. Let's say the video file on the 25GB disc takes up 20GB. Then how much space does it take up on the 50GB disc. 25GB, 30GB, 40GB, or exactly the same space?
It takes up 28GB on the 50GB disk due to the extra commentaries embedded. The picture quality is exactly the same.
(to be as clear as possible, the .h264 video file is the same on both versions, about 17GB, but with the addition of subtitles and audio options, it becomes 24GB on the smaller disk, and 28GB on the larger).
The 50GB disc is pretty awesome njvc. Thanks again!
I decided to roll that and the bonus Blu-Ray into a 4-disc ultimate SW package with the ANH:Revisted DVD-9 and the Silver Screen 35mm 50GB Blu-Ray (Both also have full menus and bonus features). Here is the cover I made...
(Click image ^ to link to full res cover)
It's combining and mixing up my favourite elements from the classic posters with a simplistic back-cover to make room for detailing the vast array of extras!
I've got matching covers for ESB and ROTJ ready and waiting for when you've got those authored and I've decided what extra discs to package with them.
I'm just waiting on Amazon to deliver the 4-way Blu-Ray cases I ordered and I can assemble my dream SW collection (That I'd be entirely happy to pay for if Fox/Disney ever get round to it. Hint studios!).
2) SPECIAL FEATURES DISK (25GB)
- All changes to The Empire Strikes Back since 1980 Comparison Video – 15 mins
- John Williams Featurette - 22 mins
- Cast/Crew Interviews (1980)
Mark Hamill + Harrison Ford (x2)
Billy Dee Williams
- Deleted Scenes/Bloopers
All deleted scenes, as well as the original cartoon featuring Boba Fett from the 'Star Wars Holiday Special', and blooper reel.
- Trailers/Tv Spots
Teaser Trailer, Theatrical Trailer x2, Re-Release Trailer, 5 x 30 second TV Spots, 6 x 30 second Kenner Toy/Atari Game TV commercials
- Cultural Impact
How The Empire Strikes Back should have ended
Robot Chicken: All episode 5 clips edited together in chronological order
Family Guy: 'Something Something Something Dark Side' TV special
Bad Lip Reading
The Muppet Show: Star Wars Episode (1980)
Tie Fighter Wars - Anime Short Film
Darth Vader Being a Jerk
Homer Simpson Ruins 'The Empire Strikes Back'
James Bond: ESB Opening Credits Homage
Hello Greedo (Film review + Deleted Scenes Analysis)
Jeremy Jahns (Film review only)
Chris Stuckmann (Film review only)
3) FILM + SPECIAL FEATURES (50GB)
Includes everything on both 25GB disks, plus 6 more audio commentaries, including:
- 'Far Far Away Radio' Commentary (2014) (recut to fit)
- forcecast.net Commentary (2010) (recut to fit)
- 'Tosche Station Radio' Commentary (2015) (recut to fit)
- 'Armchair Directors' Commentary (2015) (recut to fit)
- 'Geekvolution' Commentary (2014) (recut to fit)
- 'The Comic Book Cast' Commentary (2015) (recut to fit)
4) BONUS DOCUMENTARIES DISK (25GB)
- Jamie Benning's 'Building Empire' Filmumentary (2006) - 2hrs16mins
- SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - 50 mins
- Empire of Dreams - Part II (2004) - 30 mins
- Jamie Benning's 'Do or Do not; There is No Try' (2016) - 30 mins
- Michel Parbot: Making of The Empire Strikes Back (Lost Footage) - 16 mins