• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith [Special Edition]

[SPOILERS! if you want to be surprised don't read]
This was so good, especially the Anakin vs Dooku fight! It was such a surprise, like I had no idea what was about to happen. Way to go on making that more intense. And thank god you took out all that redundant crap dialogue leading up to the anakin and obi wan throw down! And the fight it self was way more intense. I missed the "i failed you part" but it's cool cause there was no pause in the action.
Oh yeah, removing the emperor yoda dialogue and fight was another major plus! Though I did originally like the fight outside the temple, I did not miss it for sake of the flow of your edit.
I rate this 9/10.

Thanks for the review Ed, I appreciate it! :)

Finally had access to a DL dvd and burnt this. Have to say it was totally worth the wait. I love this version of the film. It's pretty much in the running to become the definitive EP III on my shelf. Though, it's got a little competition with L8wrtr's Dawn of the Empire.

This is the version that should have been in the theaters when Sith originally came out. George had the stuff to make it work, but instead he just fluffed up the film and buried the rest. Stankpack, however, spent a bit of time uncovering the film underneath all the fluff. In this version, I care about the characters. Anakin's fall is more believable. It was also nice seeing some of the deleted scenes actually re-incorporated into the film. Definitely more character development in this than in GL's ROTS. Also enjoyed seeing the Vader-Obi fight cut together in its entirety. Worked very well and made the fight more important for the fate of the galaxy. Best of all, no Palpatine-Yoda fight. Which glad to see taken out cause it didn't really need to be in there in the first place originally.

The video quality was amazing. I had forgotten how good this film looks. The audio is awesome as well. Great work Stankpac. 10/10.

Though, it would've been cool to see a commentary or trailer or behind the scene of some sort. (May be a little spoiled after getting a copy of Spence's Return of the Jedi and the stuff that had on its dvd)

Thanks for the review Steelio. Very much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I would love to find this edit as an ISO image or anything burnable to watch on my PS3 - been dying to see it!

Adam Frazier said:
I would love to find this edit as an ISO image or anything burnable to watch on my PS3 - been dying to see it!
What's the problem with the current downloadable DVD? :noidea:

Finished this just now. I enjoyed it and it shits all over the original version. I understand why you removed the Yoda/Palpy fight, but I guess I'm not a fan of it. Yoda just kind of hiding until the end was kind of a WTF moment for me, but again I understand why you did it. Nice work. 9/10.

So I just downloaded this, but I can't watch it because JDownloader is still trying to download part 18 even though its downloaded 100%. The message it gives me is "Server Error (Try Reset)" and then it counts down 10 minutes. I've both reseted JDownloader and let the time run out multiple times and its still not working. I don't know if this is a problem with the particular file, my computer, or JDownloader, but any help I could get would be appreciated.

Things to try:
1) Make sure jdownloader is updated.
2) Try restarting jdownloader (not sure if that's what you mean by "reset")
3) Be patient...let the 10 minute countdown keep going and it should get it eventually

EDIT: What do you mean it's 100% downloaded but still trying to download? If it's really 100% downloaded, have you unrared it yet?

TV's Frink said:
Things to try:
1) Make sure jdownloader is updated.
2) Try restarting jdownloader (not sure if that's what you mean by "reset")
3) Be patient...let the 10 minute countdown keep going and it should get it eventually

EDIT: What do you mean it's 100% downloaded but still trying to download? If it's really 100% downloaded, have you unrared it yet?

I know it might be hard to believe but I have done all these things. There are 26 files. The blue bars on the right are completely full and there is a green check next to them. But for part 18, the blue bar is full, it says 200 MB/200 MB, but there is no green check mark. I don't know if "it keeps trying to download" is the right thing to say, but all I know is that JDownloader isn't recognizing that that part has finished downloading. Now, I've reset JDownloader, but is there some way I can just reset the download for that one file?

EDIT: So I don't know if I'll ever figure out what went wrong, but the real problem was because of the problem with JDownloader, when I tried to load the VIDEO TS file in DVD player it didn't work, so I bypassed that problem by extracting all the rar files and now, it's working.

Hi, I just registered here so I could check out this edit, but where can I download it?

I went to fanedit.info and found it there, but it says it is MIA and I haven't been able to find any other links or references in this thread.

Lorfean29 said:
Hi, I just registered here so I could check out this edit, but where can I download it?

I went to fanedit.info and found it there, but it says it is MIA and I haven't been able to find any other links or references in this thread.

That's due to the whole Megaupload debacle. Most fanedits are offline right now. Time will tell.

Thanks for the swift reply. Figured that might have sth to do with it but hoped there might be another place to get it.

Lorfean, for now please see this post. For the time being acquiring edits will be very limited until a clear choice in hosts settles from the dust.

Another version? I'm so glad I retired. :p

I don't think some of the edits in the Mace/Palpatine fight work well enough. For example, there was one shot near the beginning that showed the large window in the main office even if that part takes place in the private office. Also, Mace starts saying "I'm going to end this once and for all," at the end of one shot, and his lips weren't moving.

Hello everyone from Italy.

I would really like to be able to watch this fan edit, but sadly it's not available... i mean anywhere.

I also contacted the author but he was on holidays and said he has also some problems with his hd.

Stankpac adviced to ask here if someone could do something for me (we transfer would be a nice choice, i think), Version 3.2 with new menu if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers/help.

Regards

Giando

Back
Top Bottom