• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars Do-Over

Should the Clone Wars Cartoon team be allowed to re-create the PT?

• Yes, the Clone Wars Cartoon is much closer to Star Wars than the Movies were.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No, for better or for worse, the movies are canon.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, and while you're at it, have them redo 4-6 as well!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Considering the critical reception to the Prequel Trilogy, and then the comparative success of the Clone Wars Animated Cartoon series, as well as the stunning cinematics for recent Lucas Arts video games, would you like to see the same creative teams be allowed to 're-do' the entire Prequel Trilogy as an animated set of movies?

redo the movies as live action :D

but animation would be fine as well i guess, the recent games are good but i doubt if they would have the same effect on us if put on film because I guess if force unleashed were a film we would be moaning that it is just lightsaber clashing with no good character development etc.

Wait, what? Is this poll based on lucas arts ect. actually considering redoing the movies?

Just wondering is all :)

The movies are not and never will be cannons.

(psst...check your poll again L8)

Sorry Rogue, no. This is just a fun poll to stir up discussion.

TV's Frink said:
The movies are not and never will be cannons.

(psst...check your poll again L8)

Ah, i see, i gotcha :D I voted for number two i think... Maybe number 1, who knows :lol:

The prequels could possibly benefit in some areas from this. Maybe with a new script, and actors and some focus, things that make sense...

EDIT: Wait, i think i read it wrong, voted for wrong vote... i'm so confused :lol:

I'd only be interested in a PT redo if they went with the much lower-tech galactic environment suggested by the OT - i.e., no droid army. If they'd agree to that, by all means roll the dice again.

I liked the way it started with high tech and all shiny and whatnot, but would have liked to see it devolve to the OT state (non-SE of course) as the Republic crumbled.

The poll is worded a little strangely - "allowed" isn't really for us to decide. If the question is "would you like to see it?" then I say yes. It's no skin off my back if it fails, but what if it succeeds?

i wouldn't mind a PT redo, but I want Lucas to have nothing to do with it, and i think the cartoon still sucks :p

Hmm...this is a tough one for me. I've only just now started watching The Clone Wars, and I've been enjoying it about as much as I've enjoyed the Prequel Trilogy...which is to say I've enjoyed it as much as the Original Trilogy.

I don't know about remaking the films. I mean, I've seen the reviews done by Red Letter Media and Confused Matthew, but for all the people who say "George Lucas ruined my childhood," if anyone's come as close to making me feel that kind of hatred, it'd be those guys. That's not to say their reviews are bad, they are phenomenal, go see them if you haven't already.

For me, I think it's admirable for George Lucas to try and get his own vision out, like Alfred Hitchcock or Orson Welles, but that doesn't mean he's has the talent to get that message out clearly. For what he did, though, I thought the Prequels were enjoyable, but flawed. I can see why they're seen as "bad", but that just never registered to me. I don't know, I was only 7 when Phantom Menace came out, that I've read two well put together defenses of the first two films, in my opinion. They aren't perfect, but they do have some insight to why people might enjoy them.

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm.html

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/shroud.html

Now, all of that being said...they NEED to be edited. By getting rid of the less desirable elements, they'll connect to a broader audience, and they'll be more enjoyable. I like watching fanedits, seeing how different creative minds handle movies and turn them into something salvageable. The closest thing that comes to being a remake would be have to be newcomer Pagz take on the whole saga, and when they come out, I hope you'll all check them out and love them. Fanedits remind me of the different books of the gospel. Each book has a different take on the life of Jesus, but no matter how different the take, they're still telling the same story. And that's what we're doing, retelling George Lucas' story. But I think the best thing about us is that we get the chance to prove people who say we're "wastes of space for even considering the PT entertaining" wrong. Granted, that's more likely just me, but the point remains the same.

When it comes right down to it, I'd say that it would be wrong to completely remake the prequels unless you plan on rebooting every movie and (possibly) the expanded universe. To me, Star Wars will always be George Lucas' creation. I think Ian Mcdiarmid said it best.

"I have a great admiration for George. These films are very well-intentioned. All right, they make tremendous amounts of money and appeal to kids, but they say good things, and they say them in a broad way. I believe in the Star Wars films."

I believe in Star Wars. The films, the fans, and the fanedits.

Nic Sticinski said:
Hmm...this is a tough one for me. I've only just now started watching The Clone Wars, and I've been enjoying it about as much as I've enjoyed the Prequel Trilogy...which is to say I've enjoyed it as much as the Original Trilogy.

tumblr_lg6rvwxsev1qc650d.gif

I'm going to pile on...

Nic Sticinski said:

tumblrlfx04fhkvt1qa5mw1.gif

http://picardfacepalm.com

I take it no one read past "Original Trilogy," did they? Let me be clear that most of my enjoyment comes from nostalgia, like I said, I saw TPM when I was 7. To be even clearer, I fully admit that the Prequels HAVE PROBLEMS. While I may have enjoyed them, and I must emphasize this THEY'RE NOT BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. To be fair though, Jedi isn't as good as A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back, but that's like saying the Back to the Future sequels aren't as good as the first one. I even said the PT NEEDS EDITING. All I've done is state my opinion, and I really don't like feeling like I have leprosy for doing so.. The staring is probably all in good, joking fun, but I REALLY don't want this website celebrating creativity to devolve into the equivalent of trolling message boards.

Relax dude. It's all in good fun.

Also, might want to fix your image link.

Sorry. It's just that...it just had a really uncomfortable image of people staring at me in a judging manner, so I got a bit deffensive. Just something I need to work on. Star Wars is childhood for me, even the prequels, for better or worse.

Also, I don't know how to post images, I just thought the link to the image would've been enough.

You can use the image button, or you can just go with the format:

I think the real problem might have been that you linked to something on your hard drive (I saw a C: before you edited it) and the internet doesn't know where your hard drive is located. ;) You'd have to upload the image to a sharing site first, or just link to an image someone else already uploaded.

Nic Sticinski said:
"I have a great admiration for George. These films are very well-intentioned. All right, they make tremendous amounts of money and appeal to kids, but they say good things, and they say them in a broad way. I believe in the Star Wars films."
I've got to respectfully disagree with Ian on this one:

- A black man playing and voicing a character that veers dangerously close to racist stereotypes
- No female Jedi saying so much as a word in the whole series
- Anakin saves a whole planet, yet no one thinks to buy his mother's freedom?!
- George refused to give any halfway-plausible explanation for Anakin's fall, a problem compounded by his seemingly idyllic childhood.
- Obi-Wan draws his saber on Anakin first; so, for that matter, does Yoda to Dooku. No, no no!
- Leia's mom dies of a loss of will to live.

Sorry, Ian, that's just too many bad messages. Screw the theatrical PT. :p

Ian McDiarmid, the actor who played Palpatine.

Back
Top Bottom