• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Covers

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars Covers

I have made three cover sets, and a trilogy multi-disc cover as well.

Here's the information and previews for each of them.

The 1993 Based Set:

set93-1.jpg

Also comes with the PT movies as well:

set93pt.jpg

This set was based largely on the Definitive Edition packaging, and was inspired largely by Cerebero's effort. Mine was made from scratch. This is what the definitive edition cover looks like:

06938401frontva3.jpg
06938401backzx7.jpg

The 1995 Based Set:

set95.jpg

This is the only star wars set I know of to use the "Faces" style logos against the theatrical movie posters. Combining design aspects from the Alvin VHS cover and the Faces VHS cover wasn't as easy as it may have looked. Quite a unique cover set, if I do say so myself.

The Singles:

my_set.jpg

Actual Photo

In many ways this set was the most fun. With the others you start with one cover and then make the other two to match it. With this one I started on all, and found ways to make each one different from the other. This set is commemorative - so it is based on the 2006 OOT DVD.

1. The 2006 DVD's were sold individually.
2. They contained original logos on the back.
3. They contained original theatrical poster art on the back (slightly modified mind you, but then again so are all of mine).

These I suppose were the main points I drew from. I found ways to make the covers truly different, like using the authentic poster logos, and flattening out the star wars logo. This is my most unique work.

3-disc cover:

tri_case.jpg

Not much to say here ... not that unique, I know, inspired by other's work. Notably this was the first cover for which I used a C++ program to generate the stars. All the stars on the back, and most on the front are generated. I used the same program to generate the stars for the Singles Set covers as well. It took a bit of work to convert my beautiful faithfully restored SW poster art and re-colour it as you see, also the SW trilogy logo was re-drawn faithfully and not resized, the result of the front cover is very striking.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very cool Daniel

UseYourIllusionII

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like them all, and they look very official.

One problem I have is "The Prequel Star Wars Trilogy" covers. The logo on all three covers up someone's face almost completely. That's a "no-no" for making graphics, which I think you probably do know but just wanted to keep in the same positioning as the original, and in the same style (using official posters) as the original. The only thing I could say to do is lower the poster image down some, fade the top some, and fade the bottom a tad where the inidividual movie text/logo is. Other than that, they're all nice. I love the last one posted (Star Wars Trilogy Thinkpak) and 1995 Based Set.

mangas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The covers look great. Especially like the covers you made for the original trilogy. Thanks!

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the compliment mangas, and let me take this opertunity to welcome you to the forum!

To PaulisDead2221: Nah, I just used the wrap from the retail DVD's and photographed it from an angle that would imply they're actually sealed.

UseYourIllusionII: Well, it didn't stop LEC covering Vader with the logo placement (which I replicated) on the ROTJ cover!

UseYourIllusionII

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, but that's the in the background. Your text covers up one if not a couple of the main images. That's why I mentioned it.

Top Bottom