• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Attack of the Phantom HD recreation.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm about 90% finished making an HD recreation/upgrade of the famous Attack of The Phantom, which is imo one of the best attack of the clones edits around. Previously only available in DVD format (with bad interlacing artifacts to boot).

This isn't a frame by frame recreation, but it should satisfy anyone that wants to watch this edit in HD. I say it's not frame by frame because sometimes the original would use just partial shots and I might not have always started and ended on the exact same frames. Also the transition wipes had to be recreated and they are not pixel by pixel identical but they are close.

It is edited to the original audio track, however there are a couple points where I had to crossfade a couple of frames of audio to keep synch if I had trouble getting the exact timing of a transition wipe to match but it's never noticeable or more than a couple frames. Also his original 5.1 track was mixed oddly and the dialogue sounds distant and echoe-y so I re adjusted the levels of each channel to give the center channel a more direct presence. It's presented in dolby surround compatible 2.0.

Also it just uses the standard crawl to make it an actual entry in the saga, not the 4th wall breaking one he used.

This should be done in a matter of days.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't recall what his crawl said, what was 4th wall breaking?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The entire crawl was just him talking about why he made the edit and insulting george Lucas and the film. There was no traditional crawl.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m really happy someone is having a go at this! Congratulations.

Nonetheless, I have to point out that, even though I too disliked the fourth-wall breaking in the crawl, PhantomEditor never insulted George Lucas in that. Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure he thanked him for creating Star Wars.

DBradley

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm about 90% finished making an HD recreation/upgrade of the famous Attack of The Phantom, which is imo one of the best attack of the clones edits around. Previously only available in DVD format (with bad interlacing artifacts to boot).

This isn't a frame by frame recreation, but it should satisfy anyone that wants to watch this edit in HD. I say it's not frame by frame because sometimes the original would use just partial shots and I might not have always started and ended on the exact same frames. Also the transition wipes had to be recreated and they are not pixel by pixel identical but they are close.

It is edited to the original audio track, however there are a couple points where I had to crossfade a couple of frames of audio to keep synch if I had trouble getting the exact timing of a transition wipe to match but it's never noticeable or more than a couple frames. Also his original 5.1 track was mixed oddly and the dialogue sounds distant and echoe-y so I re adjusted the levels of each channel to give the center channel a more direct presence. It's presented in dolby surround compatible 2.0.

Also it just uses the standard crawl to make it an actual entry in the saga, not the 4th wall breaking one he used.

This should be done in a matter of days.
It is finished.
So late to the game! May I please get the edit?

gillberg1111

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am also interested in getting access to this edit. I have the original Attack of the Phantom fan edit.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lots of people too lazy to read the rules apparently. You can get it by following them. For questions ask a moderator.

Top Bottom