• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Andor

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMHO Episode 10 was decent, with one cringe-inducing moment for me [reminded me of a certain scene in Halloween Kills]. I would still recommend Andor up until this point, but I am not sure if I would watch this in its entirety again.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 10 was great, though I'm puzzeld as to why Kino didn't get a conclusion. During the last scene the subtitles said "Casian and Melshi" How did I miss Melshi!?!?!?! That's the type of "easter egg" I'm ok with. I'd argue it isn't an easter egg. Anyway, not sure why anyone was upset about this episode. It was gritty, plowed forward and solidified Cassian's hate of the empire and where these "rogues" may have come from.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I suppose this has become a weekly thing for me so I’ll share a few thoughts. My son* continues to be enthralled with this series and again rushed home from school to watch. He did say he liked the episode. I thought it was solid, if a bit of an exhale (presumably) before next week’s finale. It was nice to see some space action in this episode. But really this seemed to be setting up the pieces for the finale.

*as an aside, I’ve found it interesting that my son (who likes anime and animation in general) didn’t care for the Tales of the Jedi series, but continues to love this slower, more deliberate series.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 11 was very good, mirroring most of the temperament and drama of the preceding episodes... I am looking forward to the finale; hopefully this season will end in a massive climax.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found myself checking the time on the episode when the credits rolled for Ep 11. While short, this was jam packed with emotion. Fantastic tensions, tasteful nostalgia, and more great acting. Next Wednesday has the potential of being the greatest Star Wars week ever for me, and also the saddest as this season will draw to a close and good Star Wars will only be accessible as a repeat viewing. The only downfall of this episode for me were Saw's immaculately clean armor and Melshi's lack of dialogue/scenes. That space scene was fantastic. It captured the feelings of Rogue One, but presented something entirely new in this universe of overused content and over the top cgi battles. This writing and story telling has been stellar. I'd love for Gilroy to create a Rogue Squadron story that shows us how the Alliance made progress between films and during the battles we see in the OT.

B2EMO continues to destroy the gap between machine and human lines with its human emotions. It is fast becoming my second favorite droid behind K2.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love for Gilroy to create a Rogue Squadron story that shows us how the Alliance made progress between films and during the battles we see in the OT.
I agree - he would be a perfect choice for Rogue Squadron. However, who knows what will happen next with Star Wars considering the recent termination of Bob Chapek and other upheaval across Disney and Lucasfilm.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Suffice to say this is easily the best season of Star Wars tv ever. Definitely the best Star Wars since Rogue One and I’d even put it a notch above that movie. I’m eagerly awaiting season two and more Star Wars of this quality.

I’ll put my episode specific thoughts in spoiler tags despite not being specifically spoilery. This felt like more of an end to a chapter than an ending. It really doesn’t feel any more climactic than the other mini-arcs throughout the season. That’s not to say it’s not excellent; I’m just anticipating a full 24 episode experience as opposed to two sets of 12 episodes. It’s not perfect, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. And I’m glad they’ve so far resisted the urge to bring in big characters from other stories. I really don’t want to see things like Inquisitors, etc. or really anything Force-related in this show (at least not yet; I reserve the right to change my mind if it’s earned organically). I do have one spoiler thought so stop reading if you haven’t watched the show yet.

Okay still here? The Empire was shown to be rather weak. I wish it had gone full genocide on Ferrix.

Anyway, great season, great show. I thought this was one of the best seasons of TV this year, not just Star Wars TV.

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...spoiler free musings...

A fantastic finale.

While I thought the 3 episode launch of the series was a bit awkward, Andor has evolved into one of, if not thee best, Star Wars television series.
Never before has the Rebellion felt so real. From the inner workings of the Empire to the plight of the common man, there is a texture... a reality... that has never been touched on so intimately before in the SW franchise. Over the 12 episodes there are moments of incredible tension, tragedy and inspiration. Storytelling at its best.

As a friend of mine said, Andor proves Star Wars can be much more than just a Farm Boy and a Wizard.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything I had hoped for. I'll admit the ending was a bit too ambiguous, but I understand as this is a 24 episode arch. The speech was intense and made you feel like you were there. Andor is easily the best Star Wars production ever. I only hope season 2 is the companion finale this series deserves. This has been the best video production experience I've had since Rogue One. And that post credit scene 👀

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lucas has always said Stars Wars was designed for kids. That’s all well and good but it doesn’t need to be showdown, and that’s what I feel SW has devolved to. The prequels were a weird hybrid that didn’t work, the sequels tried to reign it in, and the tv shows… well I don’t know what the hell they were trying to do. Mandalorian is watchable but. It good, Boba Fett is terrible, and Obi-wan was somewhere in the middle. All three felt like cheap fan films. It’s nice to have something more adult friendly with Andor, simply the best SW show and, quite possibly, best SW since the OT.

My only concern is that while critically Andor is high up there in ratings, the people who liked Mandalorian, Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan thought Andor was too slow and boring. Will Disney make changes to appease those fans, or will they stay the course for those of us who want something more mature? Fingers crossed because Andor has reinvigorated my interest in SW.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm puzzled at the comments here that this was ambiguous or didn't feel like an ending... I'm thinking that on a rewatch that'll change.
Personally, this was absolutely a full, satisfying arc that felt wonderfully big and was a huge payoff!
-The show is about Maarva Andor. That's the twist, that the whole time we think it's about Cassian, even though literally everyone in the show is just saying he's a pawn but he happens to be a pawn in the middle of the board.
-Maarva Andor just started the Rebellion proper. Not a terrorist group. Not a squad of soldiers attacking an outpost. Normal citizens standing up against Imperial oppression. This is it, this is what the whole series was building towards.
-Take any one element away and it doesn't happen. Maarva needs to meet Cassian and start caring. She has to promote him to Luthen, and Luthen has to fight to recruit him and accidentally push too hard. They have to do the heist, including with the selfish guy and the philosophical guy. Mon Mothma needs to supply the money for that group. The ISB agents need to be tracking Andor to Ferrix. And so on and so on. All the disparate pieces that have been covered in loosely arranged "arcs" beforehand, all of those pieces needed to come together to finally get everyone on the brink of open rebellion, and Maarva Andor's speech was what sparked the fire.
-Not only that, but her sacrifice, and what the Empire did to Ferrix, to Bix, to the prison, that's what had to get Andor to where he'd actually give everything, all at once, to fight the Empire. So the finale sees him join the Rebellion in earnest, a true believer now. With Luthen as the spymaster who godfathered it, and Mon Mothma as the mother who will nurture it from here, having sacrificed her own child to caretake this one.
This show is about the birth of the Rebellion, and guys, it just happened. That's a helluva finale.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
P.S. - The series has just been greenlit for a Season 2, which will cover each of the years leading up to Rogue One. K2SO will be introduced!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
P.S. - The series has just been greenlit for a Season 2, which will cover each of the years leading up to Rogue One. K2SO will be introduced!
It actually just started filming I believe. It had been green lit for awhile. The ambiguous comments are about the fact that there wasn't closure at the end. I don't miss that as it will payoff with season 2 and all your points in your shoulder tag are spot on, but its going to be hard to wait when they left it like they did. That's all. It indeed was a fantastic finale.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I mean, I guess it depends on what you count as "closure"? Like, in the original Star Wars, there's not really closure... Darth Vader is alive, there are tons of Imperials out there, they literally just won a single battle. In Fight Club, it ends with a realization...and basically it creates a new world order. What happens after that?? In Ghostbusters, there are still so. many. ghosts. left to bust. And who's going to clean up that marshmallow?! And how about all those Disney movies that end with a marriage? Hah! Everyone knows the battle is just beginning.

For me, with the kinds of things I watch, if we never got a Season 2, I'd be happy. All the threads came together. The origin was told. Can more be added? Sure! And I welcome it. But it's not like I'm left with some gaping question that needs explaining. What I'm saying is MAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF FIREFLY, YOU COWARDS! And what about My So-Called Life? Did she end up with Jordan Catalano or not?!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cassian kills some guards. Does he get away? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian becomes part of a heist. Does he pull it off? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian gets put in prison. Does he escape? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian’s mother dies. Do we see that have an impact on Cassian and Ferrix? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum.

It felt like a chapter conclusion. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not a criticism. I loved the episode and season. But the main characters all feel completely unresolved. I’m looking forward to season two.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cassian kills some guards. Does he get away? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian becomes part of a heist. Does he pull it off? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian gets put in prison. Does he escape? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum. Cassian’s mother dies. Do we see that have an impact on Cassian and Ferrix? Yes. Arc concluded but show continues to have forward momentum.

It felt like a chapter conclusion. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not a criticism. I loved the episode and season. But the main characters all feel completely unresolved. I’m looking forward to season two.
And that's what I was meaning to say, but didn't articulate it well. Well said @Moe_Syzlak

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And that's what I was meaning to say, but didn't articulate it well. Well said @Moe_Syzlak
I appreciate that. But I do want to reiterate that I thought this season finale was near perfect. I didn’t need a tidy bow. I loved that this series continues to execute beautifully plotted Star Wars on its own terms without shameless use of nostalgia. While I understand that many loved Luke’s role in Mando’s season finale, I felt it totally undermined a strong story on its own merits. This show did not allow itself to sink so low. Ratings and money are king so I don’t expect this to be the new bar unless that money is there. But I do hope that there is a realization that this kind of quality can exist at least side-by-side with the same old same old that seems to be the ratings draw.

Top Bottom