• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Abridged — 9 films cut to 3 (new preview for sequel 3-in-1 available)

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The problem with that is getting Luke to Cloud City since he needs a reason to go. Here's some of the stuff I'm working on to make it look like Han gets out. These are really rough and will require a lot more work to finesse but they get the idea across:

Password for both: starwars

As for Star Wars: Episode III — The Resistance... it's really slow going. My edit may be too ambitious with trying to get rid of Starkiller Base... or at least the superweapon aspect of it. Still working it out. I think Crait is going to be gone completely and there will be no Supreme Leader Snoke. Luke isn't going to be waiting around to die on Ahch-To but rather was waiting for Rey there, although he's still a bit reluctant. Ben dies on the DS ruins and I hope my plan works as to how he goes. Although I have another idea where Rey doesn't stab him.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode III — The Resistance is finally coming together! At this rate it seems like most of the cuts are going to be from The Last Jedi but I think I found a way to get rid of Starkiller Base as a superweapon. The battle of Crait is gone and so is Supreme Leader Snoke leaving Palpatine as the only big bad.

I haven't really begun work on the Rise of Skywalker but I have worked out how to have Ben Solo die on the Death Star ruins that's really interesting. Not sure what the final battle will look like, however, but I want it to be just Rey vs Palpatine... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Currently, the film is running about 5 hours but I hope to get it down far more. Hopefully, something under 4 hours.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Almost done my assembly cut of Star Wars: Episode III — The Resistance! It is by far the longest edit I have and is sitting at about 4 and a half hours. I'm still hopeful I can get it down to 3:59 or less but we'll see what I can still take out of TRoS.

I have figured out how to get Rey to face Palpatine alone in the climax but there's still a bit of finessing that needs to be done. Going to try and cut the battle down a bit as well.

Once I have this down I get to go back over Episode I — The Republic and begin finalizing it followed by Episode II — The Rebellion. Also began working on the DVD artwork... going for something simple here.

PUDjsVl.png

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think using the word Episode is a little confusing for what you're doing, I would suggest Part or Chapter. 
:)

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poster #2

Changed it to chapter instead of episode.

K7e08d0.png

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
subjectzero said:
The problem with that is getting Luke to Cloud City since he needs a reason to go. Here's some of the stuff I'm working on to make it look like Han gets out. These are really rough and will require a lot more work to finesse but they get the idea across:

Password for both: starwars

Gee thanks, now you've created new possibilities that I have to keep myself from trying out :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
subjectzero said:
Ok, finished all 3 posters!

vLGKpSR.png

Episode II's my definite favourite of these, well done.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another quick update. The assembly cut of SW III — The Resistance is nearly under 4 hours! At this point, I think I've done the heavy lifting and it's mostly cutting for time. I've also made slight modifications to the titles and completed the DVD cover designs.

Not going with "episode" or "chapter" and instead just going straight with "Abridged" followed by the film number. I think that causes the least amount of confusion and really tells you what the series is about.

The design hasn't changed much for the DVD covers. Mostly just added some texture and explosions that frame the silhouettes.

ntuexYs.jpg

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
subjectzero said:
Not going with "episode" or "chapter" and instead just going straight with "Abridged" followed by the film number. I think that causes the least amount of confusion and really tells you what the series is about.

Good choice!

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally finished my assembly cut of Star Wars: Abridged III — The Resistance and it clocks in at 3 hours and 51 minutes. That makes it the longest of the three movies but considering the lengths of the source material, I'm pretty happy with that runtime. Now that this is complete, I get to go back to Abridged I — The Republic and start the final edit.

Fortunately, in the case of the first film, I've based a lot of the edit on the @"Darth Awesome"  edit Star Wars: The Empire Begins which worked out quite a bit of the problems of a 3-in-1 prequel film. If anything, I may end up expanding it to include the Count Dooku battle in Attack of the Clones if I can figure a way not to feature the clones.

Star Wars: Abridged II — The Rebellion is probably the one most people will be interested in and was my original idea to do. There's still quite a bit of work to be done on this one as I consider it the most ambitious edit of the three films. It's also the only movie with a mid-credit scene.

As for Star Wars: Abridged III — The Resistance, I was able to remove Ben Solo from the final showdown with the Emperor and have him meet his fate on the Death Star ruins. Quite a lot of The Last Jedi has ended up on the cutting room floor which, honestly, I find kind of sad since I find it to be my fave film of the sequel trilogy... but I'm editing for time and consistency here.

I'm really happy I finally made it to the finish line on these rough edits and now the real work begins... smoothing out the edits and finalizing everything!

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just did a bit more work on Abridged III — The Resistance and got it down to 3 hours and 46 minutes. Realized that Abridged II — The Rebellion is actually 3 hours and 40 minutes so both of those parts are pretty equal in length. The odd man out is Abridged I — The Republic which clocks in at a lightweight 2 hours and 25 minutes.

Here's a gift! This is the new ending for Abridged II — The Rebellion! It's the only part with a mid credit scene which I included here.

Pass: starwars

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh my gosh, this is amazing. The shot of the Death Star crashing feels kind of odd, I can't exactly place it. I guess it looks kinda smaller than it should be? Or maybe it's the way that it crashes, it doesn't feel quite like it's falling? Maybe it looks completely fine, I don't know. It works well enough though. Anyways, everything else about this is perfect.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Oh my gosh, this is amazing. The shot of the Death Star crashing feels kind of odd, I can't exactly place it. I guess it looks kinda smaller than it should be? Or maybe it's the way that it crashes, it doesn't feel quite like it's falling? Maybe it looks completely fine, I don't know. It works well enough though. Anyways, everything else about this is perfect.

Well, the idea is that it's only part of the Death Star which crashes into Kef Bir. It just kinda bothers me that a giant chunk of the DS still exists in the sequel and I wanted to tie that in. Maybe I can do some simple motion graphics of the piece before it turns into a fireball... I dunno.

Glad you liked the rest of it!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice job! My only complaint would be the cackling Palpatine. In the OT and through most of the prequels he’s calm, cool and calculating. I thought the way he was portrayed after Order 66 and in RoS was totally off putting. He’s more crazy wizard than the Hannibal Lecter-like manipulator I feel he should be. But given you are doing the whole saga it may be too much to ask to tone him down across both RotS and RoS.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get that... hmm... maybe there's a way to get him to say something about the First Order instead.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Nice job! My only complaint would be the cackling Palpatine. In the OT and through most of the prequels he’s calm, cool and calculating. I thought the way he was portrayed after Order 66 and in RoS was totally off putting. He’s more crazy wizard than the Hannibal Lecter-like manipulator I feel he should be. But given you are doing the whole saga it may be too much to ask to tone him down across both RotS and RoS.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You did a great job on the Death Star explosion, very unique and something I haven't really seen in an OT edit before, love the debris crashing into the planet too. Luke and Leia training is a good spot for the credits, though I thought Yoda was a little muffled, that or I have a tin ear, also some music cues felt like they were abruptly crashing in (01:20 and 01:49 in particular), but overall very impressive work

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My interest in Star Wars is merely casual so I like this idea

Top Bottom