• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: A New Hope- The Darklighter Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit is probably just about done, although I can't upload it quickly, so it'll be a while before I can get a preview out there

Here's a mockup Blu-Ray cover with an updated logo. Info on the back has yet to be added
Gxq8m3t.png

BandobrasTuk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
The same guy has posted on OT.com about it and hasn't done much about updated or releasing it since May. I'd love to use it none-the-less.

He replied to a YT-User about this.
Quote: "So sorry for late response my friend, reckon about 2 months maybe sooner".

So I hope You get in touch someday with this guy. I'm very excited for your edit. :)

cubbyguy1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been hoping someone would do this for a long time. Awesome. Following your career with great interest.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Version 1 of the edit has now been uploaded. Previews are now available for, well previewing. I'd like to send it to maybe 3-ish people so that it can be assessed for any technical issues or general feed back, so if you would like do that, PM me.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been tinkering with the edit recently. Here's the newly fixed up approach to Anchorhead with the colours fixed to look far better. Here's the before and after.
2po8d2O.png

jZ2m29M.png

I've also changed the speeder to now have a semi-transparent windscreen that you can sorta see through and also having Luke instead of Threepio. I doubt you can notice the transparentcy, but it's neat to me. 

I've also fixed an issue that I accidently had the centre channel turned off for the first 3 minutes. Don't know how it happened but it's fixed now. I also cut out the line I used from the audio drama beacuse I realised how jarringly it stood out. 

I'm thinking about making one of those new fancy private early viewer threads so I can iron out any last issues with a few (3-6) people before a final release. Volenteers to watch the newest version (when it's ready) and provide feedback can be added, so stick your hand up and I'll make a thread or however it works.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My hand is up.
I don't care that I've watched it twice already, I'll watch A New Hope any day. 
Though I am realizing some of my complaints were my own problem, I still want to help.

THX 1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi
Is there any updates as to when this edit will be available. 
Regards Michael

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New version of Luke's approach to Anchorhead. Updated the colours so they're a bit nicer and more saturated, and also redid the shadows on the landspeeder pulling up. 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also new transition from C3PO in the desert to Biggs and Luke, I took out the 'Making of Star Wars' shot so it wipes straight to the guys walking and chatting. Looks a lot better 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Putting together some bonus features for a release later today

- Blast It Biggs! Where Are You? - A Jamie Benning Filmumentary
- 3 Alternate Edits of "Luke Watches the Space Battle"
- Deleted Footage Restoration Comparison
- Star Wars Publicity Film 12-4-76
- Making of Star Wars by JW Rinzer - Excerpts on the addition and deletion of the Tatooine segments 
- Third and Fourth Draft Script Excerpts - Deleted Scenes 

Noudqm4.png

THX 1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really can't wait to see the Biggs scenes back where they thank you for what you're doing

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THX 1138 said:
I really can't wait to see the Biggs scenes back where they thank you for what you're doing

I'm glad you're looking forward to it

Here's the Blu-Ray cover for the edit

9youw2H.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Nexus76

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually like it having the deleted scenes re added despite the obvious difference in quality as you see more of the story that was intended by Lucas. Such a shame there is more footage  Lucas has never released from his films edits.Great work on this edit.

Jcob

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, if there is someone who has it, please send me a PM and also add yourself to a resource list. Thank you 😊

Top Bottom