• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars – A Flash of Spoofs

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TC_FlashOfSpoofs_banner_sm.jpg

by ThrowgnCpr
What is it about? This is a compilation of a lot of the great star wars spoofs that have been created in flash media.

original film name: Star Wars
new film name : Star Wars – A Flash of Spoofs
film studio name: Twentieth Century Fox/Lucasfilm Ltd.
edit crew name : ThrowgnCpr
Date Original Film Was Released : 1977
Date Edit Was Released : 2007 (happy 30!!)
New Runtime : ~ 3 hours 45 minutes
Fanedit details:
TCSW004 – Star Wars: A Flash of Spoofs
Author: ThrowgnCpr
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/4×3/NTSC
Source: flash animations (.swf files)
Dual Layer Format
Artwork: case insert and disc label located in DVD_ROM folder

Your intention for this edit:
My intent with this release was to compile and present a lot of the great star wars spoofs that have been created in flash media. There are so many out there, that I tried to narrow it down to the ones I thought were the best, along with suggestions from here and the OT. I know there are many more out there, and I am sorry if I missed yours ;) There is a lot to navigate through on this DVD and bonus stuff is scattered throughout.

Here is a list of the films included:
Star Dudes (Episodes 1,3,4,&5)
Pulp Phantom (All 18 episodes)
everything from starwarsspoofs.com (16 shorts)
Star Wars – Console Wars (1 & 2)
Star Wars bunnies
The bounty hunters talk back
The Lost Scene
Rise of the Sith
The Jedi Song
BaaBaa Imperial Sheep
Clones in Love
Star Wars Gangsta Rap
Gobstar – Star Wars Toys
Stick Wars (1 & 2)
starwars.com X-mas cards
Trooper Clerks
Weird Al – I Think I’m a Clone Now

There are trailers, slideshow galleries, and making-of featurettes throughout the disc for several of the films.There is also an easter egg located on the disc. Most of the flash animations did not have user interaction in them, so it was manageable to incorporate them into a DVD Video release. I have edited
all 18 episodes of Pulp Phantom into 1 film (there was some interaction about halfway into it, so I tried to deal with that in a fun way. You’ll see!) I replaced the crappy tinny audio on the Weird Al video with audio from the CD. As you well know, the audio on flash animations can be extremely bad at times, and transitions usually blow too. I have tried to fix a few problem spots without having to recreate the audio from scratch for a lot of the films.

There is a DVD_ROM folder with:
- artwork for the disc and case.
- Wallpapers
- Icons
- Movie Posters
- Concept art
- And all the original flash animations!!

Hardware and software information:
Camtasia Studio 4
SWF2Video Pro
TMPGEnc Plus 2.5
Womble MPEG Video DVD Wizard
Windows Movie Maker
Wavepad
Adobe Photoshop 6
Ulead DVD Workshop 2
Nero 7 Ultra

Additional Comment:
ThrowgnCpr’s Star Wars Releases:
TCSW001 – Star Wars Lego Edition
TCSW002 – Revenge of the Spoofs
TCSW003 – Legacy Revealed
TCSW004 – A Flash of Spoofs

Time needed for the edition: besides the hours of my life spent searching the web for all things star wars… about a solid week of converting, editing, and authoring

persons involved: 1

A

AvP

AvP said:
by ThrowgnCpr

Hardware and software information:
Camtasia Studio 4
SWF2Video Pro
TMPGEnc Plus 2.5
Womble MPEG Video DVD Wizard
Windows Movie Maker
Wavepad
Adobe Photoshop 6
Ulead DVD Workshop 2
Nero 7 Ultra

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep, it was used to create the extremely short slideshows of the post cards. At the time, I had no knowledge of video editing software. All I knew was that the transitions and encoder in womble was really bad. Luckily, I only used WMM for about 1 minute of video.

I have learned a lot since I did Flash of Spoofs. Though I think the quality turned out decent. Its unlikely that I would ever attempt to redo this project. It was just too involved, and I think the quality is good.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SL version is off line.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sigh, i guess it was a matter of time. damn you RS. I will have these up to MS and MU soon.

Top Bottom