• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek VI: Home Video Cut

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a custom DVD of the home video cut of Star Trek VI. The original DVD of the home video cut was non-anamorphic. It was also open matte at 2.00:1.

The 2004 Special Collector's Edition DVD was anamorphic, but also open matte at 2.00:1. Moreover, the mind meld scene was altered to incorporate flashes of the conspirators’ faces, which were accompanied by chimes. A new wide shot of Scotty reading blueprints and a new close-up of Kirk during Valeris’ interrogation were also added.

The 2009 DVD release contained the theatrical cut presented in the film’s original aspect ratio of 2.35:1. As it was based on the Blu-ray transfer, the picture was sharp, but was subject to heavy Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), resulting in waxy faces and a general loss of detail.

Summary of Version 1.0 Changes

• true NTSC anamorphic widescreen, in the film’s original aspect ratio of 2.35:1;
• improved overall video quality;
• true AC-3 5.1;
• the President is briefed on “Operation Retrieve” by Colonel West;
• Scotty inspects each torpedo in the inventory;
• the assassin at the Camp Khitomer conference is revealed to be Colonel West;
• removed the wide shot of Scotty reading blueprints that was added in the Special Collector’s Edition
• removed the new close-up of Kirk during Valeris’ interrogation
• the original audio mix of Martia’s death scream is restored;
• the excessive purple tint is gone from the Rura Penthe escape scenes.

Summary of Version 2.0 Changes

• The various transfers have been better intergrated;
• The slight difference in color timing between shots in the mild meld scene has gone;
• improved framing for a number of shots;
• better quality footage has been used for the approach to Rura Penthe;
• the quality of the video encoding is higher.

Thanks go to Rogue-theX for providing support and additional cover art

This is great! I love it. My go to version of the Undiscovered country, and it includes a making of document witch i found fascinating. Well done Captain ;D. If you loved the old vhs version you will love this.

Here's a preview of a cover i made to go with it.

trek63dview.jpg

Great cover! Thank you so much! I am really glad you liked it, Rogue-theX. :)

That is a pretty ace cover for it up above.

This preservation, for lack of a better term, is the bee's knees. I am extremely happy and satisfied with it.

Thank you for the kind comment, eldiablosuizo. I only just noticed it! ;D

I have completed a second version with a number of improvements. The first post has been updated.

This is pretty, pretty fantastic, Captain. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom