• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: The Original Series

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ended up watching The Man Trap first, because I liked the plot synopsis. As my introduction to Star Trek (aside from the movies), I was not disappointed. In fact, I underestimated it. The episode wasn't amazing, but it showed me a glimpse of what the show is, and what it is wasn't what I was expecting.
Earlier when I was reading about where to start, people suggested watching TNG for those who can't take the pacing and age of the original series. Another thing I found was a reddit post saying that the show was hard to watch. These, along with attempts long ago to get into the series, led me to believe that it would be super boring and uneventful. I really shouldn't have thought this way. This show has a whole lot of substance, and I totally see myself being able to get into this.
Now, I asked on Twitter which episodes to watch, because I wanted as many opinions on the matter as possible. My father gave the only response, suggesting The City on the Edge of Forever. I may watch this one next.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welllll
I think I'm just going to watch the episodes in order. It's just more convenient, and I get to see typical episodes to compare the especially good ones to. I don't know.
I'm watching Charlie X right now.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
1. Where No Man Has Gone Before
2. The Naked Time
3. The Enemy Within 
4. The Corbomite Maneuver 
5. The Menagerie, Parts I and II
6. The Conscience of the King
7. Balance of Terror
8. Space Seed 
9. This Side of Paradise 
10. The Devil in the Dark 
11. Errand of Mercy
12. The City on the Edge of Forever 
13. Amok Time 
14. Mirror, Mirror 
15. The Doomsday Machine 
16. Journey to Babel
17. Obsession 
18. The Trouble with Tribbles
19. The Gamesters of Triskelion
20. A Private Little War
21. The Enterprise Incident 
22. The Tholian Web
23. The Empath
24. Let That Be Your Last Battlefield 
25. All Our Yesterdays
@"jrWHAG42" If you want, you can use this list I made after some "studying" of the best episodes. I watched until "Mirror, Mirror".

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you, I initially considered using your list, before asking for suggestions.

In the end though, like I said in my last post, it's just more convenient for me to watch the series in order.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Thank you, I initially considered using your list, before asking for suggestions.

In the end though, like I said in my last post, it's just more convenient for me to watch the series in order.

But if you're not watching in production order, you're not watching in order.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, if you can find me a time line of the episodes in production order, then perhaps I'll start going that way.

But anyways, The Enemy Within is my favorite episode so far. I have 6 minutes left of Mudd's Women that I haven't had the chance to finish, but so far I don't particularly like this episode.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh. I'm surprised that going episode-chronological worked for you, but hey, if it ended up with you really liking the show, then that's all that matters! I'm glad you're having a good time with it! :)

Top Bottom