- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
So after a LONG time without editing anything, I decided to start warming up to come back, and picked something not too complicated to achieve. The more complex edits will eventually come.
Just a light edit of a classic Star Trek: TOS episode. 3 minutes cut in total, but 3 minutes that make a big difference.
"That Which Survives" has always been a complex one to stomach for me. On one hand I enjoy the main Losira plot, but for me the episode is ruined by having Spock act like a completely douche to everyone, but particularly Scotty and Uhura, for no reason whatsoever. @The Warlord got around the problem in his "Star Trek: Survival" edit by linking his behavior to the Pon Farr, but in the process that lost the main plot of the episode [EDIT: He did not. That was a misconception I got from his cutlist. Still, he trimmed it down while I didn't]. This edit presents the main plot intact, but with the Spock scenes trimmed back to his usual persona.
Presented in a 5.8GB (Blu-ray compliant AVC + DTS) .mkv file, which makes this my first full HD release. Very special thanks have to go to @bionicbob for previewing the edit and providing his usual Trekker wisdom. Live long and prosper, good sir!
- Added FE.org logo at the start.
- Cut Spock's reply to Uhura "My head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair" and Uhura asking again. Now he replies properly the first time around.
- Customized the title card, motion tracking the additions in Adobe After Effects since the original was not completely still.
- Cut Spock calling Scotty's statement "both illogical and unworthy of refutation".
- Cut Spock telling Scotty to restrain his leaps of illogic.
- Cut Spock's "unavailing and undignified" remark to Scotty.
- Cut Lt. Rahda telling Spock the estimated time of arrival, and him again chastising her for not being more precise.
- Cut Spock telling Dr. M'Benga to refrain from guessing.
- Only non-Spock cut: Cut Sulu's horribly sexist line "Stop or I'll shoot! I don't want to have to kill a woman".
- Cut Spock's extremely cold lines to Uhura about the woman having gotten off the ship "the same way she came in" and calling the chances of Kirk and the others being alive "gambling".
- Cut Spock's inappropriately over-precise calculation of the minutes and seconds until maximum overload, and Scotty telling him that those few seconds don't make any difference.
- Cut Spock coldly telling Scotty "I'm aware of these facts. Please get on with the job" when facing the possibility of having to jettison him.
- Cut Spock asking Scotty about the purpose of saying "thank you".
- Added acknowledgement to the end credits.