• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: Reunion by TM2YC - Fanedit of 'The Motion Picture'

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JacksonWillis said:
Can I Please Have a Download Link Of Star Trek Reunion Both MP4 And DVD Please! ????

What the hell man? You were just warned and PM'd over the same issue in another thread. DO NOT ask for links in the forum. You just received an infraction. Do yourself a favor and read the rules before you get banned.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Much thanks for the super detailed review @"radium226" .

radium226 said:
the editor removed the prelude--this is actually the only edit I disagree with, and fairly strongly. It gives it an introspective 2001 feel and I really miss it.

An "introspective 2001 feel" is exactly what I wanted to avoid :D .

radium226 said:
The main feature opens with Spock on Vulcan instead of the Klingon encounter with the cloud. There are several reasons why I like this change--it allows the movie to continually build from Vulcan to the Klingon encounter instead of leading with Klingons and then dropping the pace back down for Spock and Starfleet HQ (which has also been cut). We now progress from a dose of mystery to a little more mystery with some action on top. Opening with Spock also instantly places the focus of the movie on his journey.

This sums up exactly what I wanted to achieve. Good to hear it worked.

radium226 said:
I appreciated the cuts to the cloud to emphasize spock's connection, even at this stage, with V'ger.

Some people haven't liked that bit but it's one of my favourite edits.

radium226 said:
There's a really nice shot of the sun rising behind the Enterprise as it departs which has been cut. I miss that shot, but conceptually, I understand why this was done and don't exactly disagree with it.

Yeah I hated cutting that. There wasn't really a way to incorporate it into the new flow, despite it looking beautiful.

radium226 said:
the editing has been tastefully done. So well, in fact, that despite knowing it had been shortened, I couldn't really tell just how.

It's surpringing how much time can be saved with hundreds of small trims. For me, TMP feels like every shot goes on for too long (Not just the FX shots) like the editor never did a second pass to tighten things up.

Thanks again! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As part of my celebration of the 50 Anniversary of Star Trek, I have been rewatching all my favourite episodes and movies for the past week.

Last night I rewatched this wonderful fan edit, and enjoyed it thoroughly all over again.   It really is a fantastic work of love and passion.

Thanks again @TM2YC for this awesome edit!!!  :D

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Started reading this (clicked this because I thought it was TM2YC latest ST edit) and thought the Vengence edit was released.....then I was sad... then I remembered that I liked this edit and should watch it again :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
As part of my celebration of the 50 Anniversary of Star Trek... I rewatched this wonderful fan edit

Quite an honour, thanks.

I've celebrated by continuing my Netflix watch through of TNG. I was an instant away from blubbing when re-watching 'The Measure Of A Man' and Data thanks Riker at the end. But I gotta say, there are some weaker episodes in Season 2.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've celebrated by continuing my Netflix watch through of TNG. I was an instant away from blubbing when re-watching 'The Measure Of A Man' and Data thanks Riker at the end. But I gotta say, there are some weaker episodes in Season 2.

IMO seasons one and two are very rough with only a few gems scattered here and there, but considering the turmoil behind the scenes during those early years we are lucky we got as many good episodes that we did...lol.  Seasons 3-6 are mostly brilliant.  Season 7 takes a slight dip in story quality as many of the core writers had departed TNG but the Finale is absolutely PERFECT.  :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've now added this edit to Vimeo. It's a standard definition version but I think it still looks okay (Also added to the ifdb listing).

(Password: fanedit.org)

SonicJordan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've now added this edit to Vimeo. It's a standard definition version but I think it still looks okay (Also added to the ifdb listing).

(Password: fanedit.org)

It looks great!

M41

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Off topic, I really enjoy how we as editors can make a movie flow differently with just a little tweak here and there or taking huge scenes out. 
But my question is, I would love to know what kind of video editing software you use to change a scene from a tint to a different one, or if you can use this program to change just one character's color of uniform, or add something to the movie like a special effect, could you use a green screen or blue. 
I started making my own fan edits this year.
I am really enjoying this edit of ST.

- M41
(the new fan editor in town)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
M41 said:
Off topic, I really enjoy how we as editors can make a movie flow differently with just a little tweak here and there or taking huge scenes out. 
But my question is, I would love to know what kind of video editing software you use to change a scene from a tint to a different one, or if you can use this program to change just one character's color of uniform, or add something to the movie like a special effect, could you use a green screen or blue. 
I started making my own fan edits this year.
I am really enjoying this edit of ST.

- M41
(the new fan editor in town)

For this edit, I did everything in Vegas Pro. Sound editing, video editing, grading and FX tweaks. There are dedicated programs for the last two, that are way more powerful and have more options than Vegas but I like having the whole project together in one timeline, it's easier for me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This week is the 40th Anniversary of the original release of STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE.

I think I will celebrate today by re-watching this beautiful edit.  :heart: :D :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"turntheradioxoff" has kindly made a subtitle track for this edit (because yours truly was too lazy). If you want a copy of the subtitles (in the *.srt format) send me, or @"turntheradioxoff" a PM. Awesome work. Thanks :) .

Zhaboka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My fiancée and I watched this fan edit a couple months ago and loved it! Wonderfully natural-feeling and definitely a vast improvement on the original, which as I recall literally didn't get a tightening pass because the VFX shots came in so late they just had to insert them, add the score, and release the movie. So in that sense, you were just finishing the job 😂

Lord knows I will NEVER miss that transporter accident scene. Bravo!

picard359

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am guessing there are going to be a few of us, sent by Jason Snell (@jsnell) from the podcast. Intrigued by this! :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am guessing there are going to be a few of us, sent by Jason Snell (@jsnell) from the podcast. Intrigued by this! :)

Well then, a warm welcome to fanedit.org to any newcomers. If you're interested in the edit, please send me a private message. There are many more Star Trek edits listed here: Star Trek

Top Bottom