• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: Renegades - Directed by TIM RUSS

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Basically another independent project from the makers Of Gods And Men, but set in the 24th Century. Big announcement a week yesterday apparantly.

http://startrekrenegades.com/

Apart from a short piece on Trekweb I'm shocked there's not more out there on this!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Appears to be Kickstarter project....

I enjoyed their previous project, OF GODS AND MEN.

I wish them the best of luck and look forward to more updates.:)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doesn't the whole making-money Kickstarter model kinda fly in the face of no-profit fan film copyright issues? ;)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Chekov looks like Cmdr. Tigh.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some new trailers. Principal photography wrapped in October. Just judging by the trailer, the productive values appear to be vastly improved since OF GODS AND MEN.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like this production is moving closer to completion, as they release their official music video featuring many scenes from the movie... looks really good!!!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the latest trailer. At least I think it's the latest. [video=youtube_share;OjeX5drV9ms]
]

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks amazing! Though not sure if I like the new Starfleet uniforms...lol. But really, this fan production looks equal to any tv professional project. And it also shows the Prime Universe is not dead, and that there are so many different kinds of story that can still be told. Very excited for the official release. :)

BCSWowbagger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the early stuff, I was pretty much expecting this to be the Chekov Show about Chekov, with Tuvok as the sidekick, but more and more this looks like a launching pad for an all-new team. I guess Sky Conway is getting in on the pitch-ideas-to-CBS action of the past few years!

(It's kinda too bad. I mostly wanted to watch Chekov, honestly. :) )

Neuros

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having seen the preview version a couple of months ago - I can't say it's worth $60...

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How are they allowed to charge for this? Doesn't that violate Paramount/CBS's copyrights since?

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neuros said:
Having seen the preview version a couple of months ago - I can't say it's worth $60...

I should refuse to pay that for any commercial release (of a single film).

The trailer does look good though. Like Bob, I don't like the uniforms much.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a fairly negative review.... lol. Now I really want to see it!!!!! :lol:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to their Facebook page, ST Renegades will be uploaded to Youtube on September 30th. :)

Top Bottom