• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: Picard

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll chime in about the Expanse. That's just my kind of intellectual muscle-building. "Where's he at? Let me at him!" I just can't figure out what's being debated here. Picard's poop or the many LGBTQ+ relationships present in Picard (the series, not Picard personally). The Expanse is certainly not for everyone but I did find the show to be very thought provoking.

Last edited:

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The New York Times said:
Annie Wersching, Who Played Borg Queen on ‘Star Trek: Picard,’ Dies at 45
The actress Annie Wersching, best known for her roles on the television series “Star Trek: Picard,” “24,” “Bosch” and “Timeless,” died on Sunday morning in Los Angeles. She was 45.

Ms. Wersching’s death was confirmed by her publicist, Craig Schneider. The cause was cancer, Mr. Schneider said in a statement released on Sunday. He noted that Ms. Wersching was diagnosed in 2020 but had continued her acting work, playing the Borg Queen on the second season of “Picard,” a “Star Trek” spinoff on Paramount+, as well as the serial killer Rosalind Dyer on the ABC crime series “The Rookie.”
29xp-wersching-borgqueen-picard-jumbo.jpg

In a statement released on Sunday, Akiva Goldsman, an executive producer of “Picard,” described Ms. Wersching as a “gift” and an “utter joy” to work with. “Her entire ‘Star Trek’ family is heartbroken,” he said.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
V sad…
The trailer looks good but again…emphasis on fighting

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That dialogue seems quite rough and unlike what I'd expect from Star Trek (well, at least what I used to expect from Trek). I understand that a trailer is going to be action heavy to bring in the outside audience and attract new viewers so the emphasis on that doesn't bother me too much. From the little I've heard the early reviewers are giving this season praise, so with the return of the original crew it will be worth it to finish the series, though after two very disappointing stints I'm expecting nothing but trash so I hope to be surprised.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
REMINDERS

Starfleet is a military organisation.
In TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise, when the crew were on duty they behaved as if they were on duty.

That military discipline was present in all their on duty interactions.

Current writers are guilty of eroding this and having the crews in Discovery and SNW interact in a relaxed “off duty” manner while on duty. This erodes the feel and believability for me. Though it may play nicely and arguably be character building, it breaks the fundamentals of how one should behave. I blame The Orville for this effect….and I love The Orville…

Though The Orville has had far more Trek like moments thank new Trek, for me this lax writing and clear intent to mimic The Orville erodes the Trek ethos IMHO.

I won’t go down the whole idiom bit… it’s been worn to death.

Let’s hope it’s not over written either. Anyone looking for an example of how not to overwrite should watch Andor Ep 1.

Fingers and phasers crossed.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's a false equivalency to blame The Orville for current Trek's problems. Orville is a loving homage by MacFarlane, but that's all it is. Kirkman and co that are running Trek have been breaking down the show since Discovery and I doubt that they have given a second thought to anything in The Orville. Orville might be an "internet hit" but it has never drawn much attention to the general public and is definitely not something that the people running Star Trek would need to copy.

Might as well blame Galaxy Quest as well.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Defo not “blaming” Orville for Treks issues..just flagging it may be a factor…but as you say, maybe not.

Regardless, I’m looking forward to exploring Prodigy next, which I understand is actually quite good if you stick with it…acting as a “crash course” on Trek canon for new viewers…

New thread I think?

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't excited before, TBH. Am now. Thanks for sharing that. I still can't imagine a narrative device that brings them back together that won't feel super contrived, but we'll see.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't excited before, TBH. Am now. Thanks for sharing that. I still can't imagine a narrative device that brings them back together that won't feel super contrived, but we'll see.
Ditto!
Here is to one of our number saving season 2, but I just can’t see how and still have a run time exceeding 60min! Yes, I said it!

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed season one. Large swathes of it, at least, though the decision at the end to give Picard an artificial body that's 100% like a shitty 85 year old human body boggles the mind. "Here, we had to kill you 20 minutes ago because story, but we need you back for more story next season so...new body!". Anyways. I appreciate they wanted to tell a more personal story for S2, but I can't forgive them for tossing all of the interesting stuff they set up in S1 out the window to do it.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is sounding most promising!

6 words

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched episode one "THE NEXT GENERATION".

EXCELLENT! I was smiling ear to ear throughout....

This is the Picard I have been hoping and dreaming of!

From frame one onwards the episode is filled with visual and musical callbacks and homages to all Treks that have come before.
Is it Fan Service? Yes! But it the best kind of Fan Service. It reminds one why we love this franchise and it in many ways washes away the bad taste of the previous two mediocre to terrible seasons of Picard.

If the series can maintain this level of quality, we are in for a glorious last ride!

Last edited:
Top Bottom