• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek PHASE II RELAUNCH

Amusing tease of upcoming in production episodes....

A Trailer for the much anticipated KITUMBA...

Trailer for an upcoming episode, though clearly the audio and fx are not finalized yet....

After over 2 years of production issues, here it is, Crawley's swan song and one of the most significant Klingon stories ever done.....

iMCTbzWjQ&index=1&iv_load_policy=1[/video]

Rogue-theX said:
^ That was pretty kick ass!

Yep. Definitely worth the wait!

Wake up Paramount and CBS! This is how Star Trek should be done!!! :thumb:

Reminder, only 4 days til the next released episode.....

cjp8.jpg

Wow, the Kitumba episode was pretty impressive.
Good and bad.
Most of the actors overplayed. There were mannerisms and facial expressions better suited to live theatre. The small screen magnified every tic, side glance, grimace, sigh, you name it.
The dialogue could have used a rewrite, excising lines from many characters (uhh, donors?).
Most of the Klingons reminded me of the inferior (copycat) Kazon.
On the plus, the show nailed the spirit of the original series! What a lot of heart.
The special effects were terrific! Sets and costumes, can't be faulted.
The plot, a sharp Klingon tale, worked for me and was miles ahead of any offal penned by final cabal.
Thanks for posting this, Bob.

Glad you enjoyed it [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION].

The NewVoyages/Phase II guys have been doing this for about 10 years now. Each production more ambition than the last. Sure, it is easy to criticize (the acting is not always the best, scripts could be more polished, set sound recording is echoey, etc) but considering everyone does these productions completely FREE and out of pure love for Star Trek, I don't think there is anything to complain about.... I just sit back and enjoy the show and marvel at what they are able to achieve.

This particular episode is based on an unproduced script for the aborted 1970s Star Trek Phase II tv series. I think they did an incredible job rewriting it to include all the Klingon lore since established in the various sequel series. As I stated before, I think it may be the best and most important Klingon story produced.

If you have not ever watched their other episodes, you should check them out! Many have past TOS guest stars, including George Takei and Walter Koenig. My two personal favorites are IN HARMS WAY and WORLD ENOUGH AND TIME.

Thanks, Bob, I will track down a couple other episodes.
Acting limitations are more tolerable than acting deliberately poorly (not to name Troma shit).
Also, as noted, this displays a lot of heart.

hhhmmmmmm.... appears the release has been delayed due to post-production coloring not being completed yet.... :-(

Still no official new release date, apparently they have to go back into the original files and color correct the entire episode from scratch. Not to mention they are relocating to a new improved studio and are in pre-production for their next episode.

So until it's eventual full release, here is an all new teaser....

VFX reel for upcoming releases..... pretty damn cool!!!

Keep your scanners on maximum today.

Supposedly, Phase II will release the episode "MIND SIFTER" on Dec 1st, 8pm EST.

According to their Facebook page, the episode is currently being uploaded and should be available later tonight.

In the meantime, a teaser....

Back
Top Bottom