• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek "Full Circle"

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DwightFry78 said:
Nope. Totally impossible. No one is seen wearing a Batman T-shirt. :-D
:lol:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
16x9 ANAMORPHIC VERSION COMING SOON....

Stay tuned.:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re-uploaded and available soon...:D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
20091109054502%21Moonwalk.gif

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
I wonder what happened to

uh... oh... gee... hhmmmm..... :oops::-o

Short answer, I thought I found a way to convert the original files into anamorphic but it looked terrible.
Sorry to burst the bubble.:-(

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you try it with DVD Rebuilder using either Cinema Craft Encoder or HCEnc? It can look quite good if done right. I might eventually try it myself.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
Did you try it with DVD Rebuilder using either Cinema Craft Encoder or HCEnc? It can look quite good if done right. I might eventually try it myself.

Nope. Don't have those.

I think the issue is in the original QT File creation. So young and inexperienced back then... LOL! :p

And honestly, I just don't seem to have the time at the moment, too distracted by potential new edit projects. Maybe one day. But you are more than welcome to take a crack at it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek 4 Full Circle BionicBob Fanedit DVD5 has been uploaded to Usenet. NZB submitted to Info.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another glowing review from Anarchemist !!! :)

A million THANK YOUs!!!

Good point on the dreaded audio.... been doing this for 5 years and I still struggle with it, especially since I edit in 2.0 stereo. But hopefully each project I learn a bit more and get a bit better at it.... LOL!

The FLASHFORWARD.... this one had definitely divided viewers and I can understand why. It is all very Timey-Whimey, going backwards in time but seeing the future... I agree, in retrospect, it does not make the most sense. My only "logical" explanation is while in the timestream, both Past and Future are accessible, thus the crew's visions.

Though it should be noted, in the original theatrical version, the crew/audience "hear" the future events regarding George and Gracie. So in some ways, this is just further extension of the original concept.

The fanboy reason for the Flashforward was twofold; one, I wanted to show each character in their last onscreen appearance and this was the only movie or scene where such opportunity made "sense" to me.
And two, I wanted to set up the next movie, THIS OTHER EDEN, and add another layer to Kirk's statement that he always known he would die alone.
:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Once again, THANK YOU @drvrjon for posting a review! You have brought back a lot of fun memories for me today! :)

one thing that lost me was seeing the future when they traveled to the past. i would love to know wherre the future scenes came from as i dont remember ever seeing them. i think the future scenes would have worked better in a forward time warp

When I was working on these Trek edits, after inserting a black & white flashback in Perdition's Flames, for some reason I felt compelled to include some sort of call back to other Trek events in all the other edits that followed.

With FULL CIRCLE, I carried on the same idea, except this time being a Flash Forward of each character's last onscreen appearance. In the original, it was also a Flash Forward, except using CGI modelling to tease the ending of the movie. My theory is, while in temporal transit, all time - past, present and future- is accessible, thus our peak into our heroes futures.

Where did the Future Footage come from? If memory serves:

KIRK -- from "Generations"
SPOCK -- "Star Trek 2009"
McCOY -- TNG "Encounter at Farpoint
SCOTTY -- TNG "Relics"
SULU -- fan series Star Trek New Voyages " World Enough and Time"
CHEKOV and UHURA -- fan film "Of Gods and Men"

Last edited:
Top Bottom