• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek Discovery

I thought it was good but not great, and like you said more of the same.
My main gripes are that they knew pirates had the mystery box and wanted moey for it; why not just offer to buy it right away? Fred offered the incredibly low price of 3 bars, but surely Starfleet could have offered 100! I'm not thrilled with the plot device of getting clues and building this map. I feel like we're watching someone play a video game, not an actual TV show. And breaking it up into fetch quests like this makes me think I know exactly what the next 3 episodes are going to be.

The cast continues to be so damn likeable, and when Burnham is allowed to "fly", she is completely infectious.
That pretty adequately sums up my feelings. Discovery is a well-made show, let down by melodramatic writing and repetitious plots that overly rely on contrivances, but it carried by an utterly charming cast and a lead who can absolutely dazzle when she needs to.

Say what you will about the current era of Star Trek, but I think the overall casting has been phenomenal.

episode three "Jinaal"

A very soapy, preachy, high school drama filled episode. So not my favourite lol.

Again, I enjoyed the Saru stuff.

The Trill stuff was okay, though it felt repetitive of DS9, which did it so much better.

And the actual Mission/Quest... it almost played like a B-plot after thought.

And maybe it is my age showing, but I found myself actually agreeing with Commander Rayner. I love how he rankles at Discovery's "touchy-feely” command style LOL. The mission should be the first priority. Professionalism is not just expected, it is demanded. Chain of command, protocol, and showing respect to your senior officers should be automatic, not a choice. I have to wonder if Rayner is a response by the writers to some of the criticism leveled my many, including myself, about Modern Trek?

oh... and they did the whole "1, 2, 3" or "1,2,3 go" tired trope gag.

For me, Average to Good.

Last edited:
Oh! And when Tilly schools Rayner on what it takes to be a Leader!???!

Uhg! I completely cringed.

episode four "FACE THE STRANGE"

An enjoyable variation of the Time Loop trope.
Basically a Filler Bottle Episode that doubles down on this season's themes.
Oh! And Vulcan Kung Fu!

So again, average to good, nothing we have not seen before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom